Brookdale Fremont

2860 Country Drive, Fremont, CA, 94536

Reviews of Brookdale Fremont

DH4 December 30, 2015

Brookdale Fremont seems kind of run down, old and not well kept up. The staff was friendly, but they did not show us the assisted living, just senior living where you basically have your own apartment, and you just have community meals together. That’s not what I was looking for. I do not know why they did not show us the assisted living facility part. The apartment had electronic monitoring in the bathroom in which you pull a cord for help, and everybody has a pendant to wear. The person giving me the tour did not show me the process fo helping with medications and bathing and stuff like that. Based on what I saw in apartment living, I was not interested to go look further there. I was not impressed, though the apartment was large and had a kitchen. Our first impression of their front desk staff was that they are not very helpful nor very personable.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Fremont did not meet all of your expectations. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions, and we are very sorry if you felt disappointed during your visit. We would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to assist you and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Anonymous114842950 October 30, 2015

I liked the openness, the light that came in from the hallway, and the pictures on the walls at Brookdale Freemont. It was bright and very friendly. The staff was good and very nice. The food wasn’t great but good. Everything was pretty nice, except they have a problem with the rooms: they’re not really that easy to access by wheelchair. The square footage was more the size of a hotel room. For two people, my wife and myself, one bathroom and a small bedroom is going be hard to be really accommodating.

Carmen W October 28, 2015

I didn't like Brookdale Fremont (formerly Emeritus at Fremont) that much because they didn't have covered parking, and it was also very limited; not everybody is assigned a space. Anybody can also walk in there freely. You do have to sign in what time you came in and whom you're visiting, but they're not secure. If somebody is not at the desk, you can just walk right in. The place and the floor carpeting were older. The rooms were smaller, and their porch was also very small. My friend that lives there has a porch, and she has a row of plants but not enough room for a chair to sit comfortably. If she didn't have plants, she can fit a smaller-sized chair or a little bench. It overlooked a courtyard, which was nice. It is month-to-month rental, which is good because you don't have to commit yourself to that length of time, and when you leave, you can get your money back. The rate was also lower, which included three meals, but you had to share the washer and dryer with other people that live there. The food was also very good.

Chris106029950 June 22, 2015

My mom is happy with Brookdale Fremont. The staff is excellent. The apartment is comfortable and adequate. It is clean. They did some modifications to the cabinets upon her request and replaced the carpets quickly. They are very responsive.

Caring103344350 March 27, 2015

Brookdale Fremont is excellent. The rooms are spacious, and the apartments are well appointed. They're a little rundown, but they are constantly upgrading the carpeting and the painting. Activities are varied and age appropriate. My husband participates in about 25% of the activities. It's been 0% before this, so it's a huge improvement.

Caring100872650 January 13, 2015

I liked Emeritus at Fremont because they had patios. Their rooms were nice and large. The garden was very pretty. The dining area and the food were very nice. Everyone was very nice and informative. It had a very attractive entry hall. I had a dog, and they allowed dogs. I would recommend it.

Tamarah September 27, 2014

Emeritus was clean and they were more active with more residents. I liked it. There’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s just not the right place for my mother. There were more independent people there. They have enough space, people can cook on their own if they wanted to or dine in the dining room. It looked like a restaurant to me. It was a very nice place. The staff was very nice and answered all the questions that I had.

Caring87058550 June 30, 2014

Emeritus at Fremont is a beautiful facility. We had been invited back to participate in their water aerobics class so that my mother could see how the classes went. It seems like they really have a very full schedule of activities. We did eat lunch there and it was delicious. We looked at a room and it was nice. The staff were all very positive, polite, and nice. The residents seemed to be enjoying themselves. They have vans that take people in.

Jessica17 March 27, 2014

I found Emeritus to be a delightful location. I liked that it was in Fremont, and it was located in a very central area. It was very close to shopping, public transportation, parks, and recreation. It was far less expensive than the other places I've checked out. They don't have a buy-in; they just had a monthly fee. They offer independent, assisted, and full care, but you had to go in independently and not assisted living initially.

The staff was really helpful and went out of their way to let me ask questions. They were very polite, and they seemed to care. They allowed me to share a lunch with them. The supply three meals a day, and the food was in small portions but tasty. They have a menu that they post for the month, and they also have a salad bar.

They had studio, one, and two-bedrooms. All the rooms had balconies, which was a nice touch, with a refrigerator, burner, and string that you could pull to call for help. They had a heater and air-conditioner. They had activities, and when I was there, they were doing a form of tai chi. They had trips all the time too, going everywhere. They had free trips locally like to museums and parks. They had trips to gambling places, to San Francisco, and to other countries. They also took them shopping two times a week. They had an indoor pool, which was nice, but it would be better if it were bigger.

From Brookdale Fremont

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Fremont

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft