Greenfield of Spotsylvania

9300 Onyx Court, Fredericksburg, VA, 22407

Reviews of Greenfield of Spotsylvania

June 12, 2016

By Arianne Collins

The staff are very nice and help the residents whenever they can; The receptionist is very sweet; The head nurse is very knowledgeable and understanding; The caregivers are gentle and kind. However, there have been times, when some of them don't respond to calls for assistance in a timely manner. My aunt cannot do much herself and relies on the caregivers for most ADLs. The only daily activity is watching TV. The weekends are totally uneventful; The weekdays they have one or two activities a day; It can get very boring; The food is below average; She told us that more than once she got served cold food; three persons share a bathroom in most rooms; She said sometimes, the toilet is not flushed; I wouldn't suggest this place unless your loved one wants to sleep and watch TV all day; We are going to be moving her in a few months to a place that offers more amenities for the same cost; I would not recommend this place unless your loved one is independent and can get around on their own and enjoys an inactive lifestyle;

June 08, 2016

By Dennis667546

We have settled on Greenfield because of the pricing, cleanliness, and the environment. We met the staff and liked what we saw, so we decided to put my father there. However, the snacks and the amenities weren’t as adequate as the ones at the other two communities we visited.

January 31, 2016

By Deborah118992650

My father has been in Greenfield for 10 months, and it was OK. To be honest I think they were a little overcrowded for the amount of nurses, and aides that they had. I didn’t have any problems with any of the staff. The food was real good there, and it was clean.

December 31, 2015

By Michael118379050

I didn’t like Greenfield because it had more of a nursing home than a senior living atmosphere. I didn’t think it was right for three people to be sharing one bathroom. I didn’t like the layout, but the place was clean, and the staff was very nice.

November 22, 2015

By Anonymous116197650

I chose Greenfield of Spotsylvania for my husband. The place is very nice and clean, and the people are very caring. His room is basic but very clean with a bed and a window.

August 21, 2015

By Anonymous112040050

I really think they knew all about Alzheimer's patients at Greenfield of Spotsylvania. One thing they had was some big dolls in the hallway. I asked them about it, and they said patients kind of go back in their lives. They have some that sit there, dress it, undress it, and take care of it all day. They were really sweet. I liked the rooms. They were nice and big.

June 20, 2015

By Tim31

There are a couple of reasons why we chose Greenfield Senior Living. First of all, closeness, and second of all, the staff was very friendly. We visited three or four times, the place is very neat, and it is more of a smaller community than some of the other ones -- that, said my mom, suits her well. She has been there for four weeks. I have not eaten there myself, but I sat with my mom while she was eating there four or five times, and she does like the food. Aside from physical therapy, they play quite a few games. They do Pictionary, beach ball toss, and a Hide and Seek kind of thing. It is close to the hospital and a lot of the shops.

April 01, 2015

I visited Greenfield of Spotsylvania for my sister. They only opened this place over a year ago. It was a smaller community, so there was a personal touch to it. They only have 30 beds. They have an on-site nurse practitioner, and they have transportation to get folks around. They have very friendly people who are willing to work with me. Their rates were reasonable. Their rooms were a decent size.

December 28, 2014

By Robert100210950

Greenfield of Spotsylvania was nice. The guy that runs it was very knowledgeable and knew everybody in the facility, and he called me many times. I would recommend this place.

September 26, 2014

By P G M

If you are looking for an assisted living facility, Greenfield of Spotsylvania should be on your list to visit. This facility has the personal care your do not find in the large warehouse communities. In addition to being a medical model, which is a big benefit for those living there and requiring medical services, everyone from top management, the nursing staff, supervisors and co-workers are friendly and enthusiastic and are involved in the care of the residence.

September 12, 2014

By Delores7

We chose Greenfield for my mother because it is very beautiful, very clean, and not overwhelmingly big. It only has 62 beds. Also, it is very close to where I live, which is very important. We never even looked at any other homes; once we looked there, we knew it was the right place. It just felt right. The minute we walked in, we just kind of knew it was the right place for my mother. It is brand new. It is very, very nice and updated. My mother is happy as much as she could be. She would rather be at her own home, but this place is OK.

August 17, 2014

By Theresa21

I visited Greenfield of Spotsylvania because it was within our budget and it seemed very quiet there. The staff was very nice. The activities seemed really nice. We looked at one room and it was nice and spacious. However, they need to have bigger companion rooms.

Photos of Greenfield of Spotsylvania

• Minimum Age: Adult

• Licenses: Licensed Assisted Living

About Greenfield of Spotsylvania

Assisted Living & Personal Care:

In a home-like setting, we provide the ideal solution for seniors who require some help with daily activities. Residents are able to live independently in their own suites while receiving the services they need from our well-trained and caring staff.

Alzheimer's & Dementia Care:

Our Reflections Program provides an innovative approach to personalized care for seniors with Alzheimer's and other related memory impairments. We recognize the special needs of this population and provide a safe, warm, and stimulating environment while preserving the dignity of each resident.

Small community; medical model allowing for medically involved residents. We have Genesis rehab on campus providing excellent PT, OT, SP. We have special dementia program for staff called "Compass" that Genesis teaches our staff. We also have a Balance program which reduces falls. We are one of a few communities in the area that has a full time Wellness nurse. Our building is one level, so it is easy to get around.

Map of Greenfield of Spotsylvania