Sunrise of Frederick

990 Waterford Drive, Frederick, MD, 21702

Reviews of Sunrise of Frederick

Sandra107350950 October 28, 2015

I like the staff at Sunrise. I like that it’s bright, cheery, and positive. The staff was really nice. It’s also clean and smelled good. Even the food smelled good. They have a therapy dog, games, group activities, music, and field trips. The rooms were very nice, stayed true to what was advertised, and were reasonable in size. It was in a good neighborhood. The residents seemed to be happy. It’s kind of upscale and pleasant.

Sparkling Wit September 06, 2015

Changing living quarters is often a hard transition for seniors. It is one reason why I waited until my 94-year-old father-in-law lived at Sunrise for 6 months before writing a review. Here is my assessment:

Location – Sunrise of Frederick is tucked away just off Rte. 15, which was convenient for me to drop in when I run errands. For out- of-town family and friends, the location makes it easier to find Sunrise. It is also near a couple of hotels, shopping and restaurants.

Dining Services - Food service is excellent at Sunrise. Not only does the food taste good but it is prepared in healthy ways, which does not necessarily go hand in hand. Residents choose their meal from a menu, which changes daily. The menu contains appetizer, entrée and dessert choices. And if nothing looks appealing, the chef will make one of the old standbys such as grilled cheese, hot dogs, and eggs. A month before my father- in- law moved in, I asked 8 random residents what they thought of the food. I was shocked that not one of them complained. All raved about the meals as does my father-in-law.

Activities – I saw online that one critic complained that some of them were kind of lame. Okay, obviously, this person is not yet 50 and does not have much senior experience. As we age, we get less and less interested in participating in strenuous activity much less watching others doing it. I found each activity on Sunrise’s calendar, no matter how simple, to show a great deal of thought in giving the residents a reason for moving, for learning new things, and for providing external stimulation. In addition, seniors are given opportunities to suggest activities and to volunteer. The Sunrise calendar is always booked with fun trips (wax museum, farms, orchards, zoo, fairs, restaurants and shopping to name a few).

Cleanliness No matter when I pop into Sunrise, the communal areas are clean and my father in law’s quarters spotless.

Staff So far I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They have been his brain when he can’t remember stuff, have taken care of his laundry and cleaned his room, have brought him his meds faithfully each day like clockwork. They have handled my father-in-law with kindness, respect, and patience, even on days when he might not be as cheery.

For our family, Sunrise has provided dad with a safe and comfortable living space, a chance to make new friends, and activity options that far surpass what we could provide on a daily basis. Sunrise may not be for everyone, however, you should add this facility as a “must see” when you are checking out new homes for your loved one. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

KBoyland August 31, 2015

My mother has been a resident for a number of years. This has proven to be an excellent choice! Sunrise is a wonderful home for my mom.

anon01 June 05, 2015

The best community in Frederick after a long search. My mother has been at Sunrise of Frederick for years and loves it. She calls Sunrise home and is more than happy with the activities and food. Everyone greets my family by name and the feeling is so warm.

anonymous100219550 February 04, 2015

The Sunrise of Frederick was very lovely. It was new and clean. The staff was very friendly. They were all very nice and helpful. They showed us around and spent a lot of time with us. It was a nice and upscale place. I liked the scheduled activities and the cleanliness of this facility.

Distancia December 11, 2014

Our mother moved to Sunrise of Frederick in October 2014. We could not be happier with the caring environment. The staff is exceptionally supportive and interested in her: they treat her like an interesting adult that they want to know better. There are many cozy living spaces where my mother and her buddies can socialize. This adds to the feeling that Sunrise is their home. And my mother raves about the food.

Garyman July 19, 2014

They took me on a tour. Sunrise seemed like a clean place, nice, very helpful. We sat and discussed finances and general ideas most of the time. The rooms looked nice. Everything looked clean, orderly. I looked at a dual because both my parents are alive. I think it had a bathroom. The dining area looked nice. Most of the residents there seemed pleasant. They looked fine; I didn't see anybody slumped over. There are not much grounds there, but it's a nice neighborhood. I live a mile or two from it.

Caring81025350 March 28, 2014

I like Sunrise of Frederick the best. The staff was helpful and caring. I like them a lot. I thought the rooms were very nice, although the ones I looked at were better for one person only. I did see the dining room, and I like the way they had it set up. There were a couple of little areas in there, and it just seemed a little more cozy than a big dining room.

Charlene12 January 18, 2014

We like Sunrise simply because it was very homey but it was high-end. It was like a fancy hotel. We met several residents there and they let us to their rooms. If our parents would go to an assisted living, we would take them to Sunrise. That would be our choice. They even have a "company dog" living there. It was a dark-colored Labrador, she was old, but she would greet everybody. It was just kind of a special touch.

Tony16 September 27, 2013

Sunrise was nice. The staff was nice. They took a lot of time to show me some of the rooms. There were a lot of choices of rooms, which were bigger with shower and kitchen. They had a lot of activities. What I really liked about Sunrise was that they always had food and stuff that were readily available in their diner. You could always go down to get food and drinks in any hour of the day except for midnight. However, they were more costly.

Lovely Anette June 26, 2013

Sunrise of Frederick is a good place. We really liked the place when we had a tour there. The rooms are very roomy. They had a facility where you could share a bathroom. It has a little kitchen wherein it has a small refrigerator, a microwave, cabinets, and a sink. The place seems very accommodating.

From Sunrise of Frederick

Located just blocks from The Golden Mile (Route 40 west), Sunrise of Frederick is nestled in a suburban, convenient setting. We pride ourselves in our experience in Frederick County, with nearly fifteen years serving seniors in Frederick. We also offer a caring and dedicated care giving team.

We are pleased to announce that we were recognized by the Frederick County Office for Children and Families as a Family Friendly Business.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise of Frederick