Country Meadows of Frederick

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Country Meadows of Frederick

February 04, 2015

By anonymous100219550

The Country Meadows was very nice. They had a very large outdoor porch. I visited at lunchtime, and the people seem very happy. The staff was very helpful. It was like a resort with a beautiful building and beautiful scenery.

July 20, 2014

Country Meadows is clean. It's closely related to where we live. Their food is good. It's a nice place. The cleanliness is good. The room is nice, clean, and big. The staff is nice; they have a good work ethic.

Thank you for your kind words. Our team works very, very hard to make Country Meadows an attractive, engaging and safe place for every resident and their guests. And co-workers love to build friendships with residents. In fact, that is the number one reason co-workers report they are happy in their jobs. Again, thank you for your note, and for allowing us the privilege to care for your loved one.

March 28, 2014

Country Meadows of Frederick was actually my second choice. I like them a lot. It was a smaller environment, and I just like their whole atmosphere over there. It was very homey. They were very caring. They knew everyone's names. It wasn't like you were lost in a shuffle. At that time, they had ladies playing cards, doing crafts, crocheting, and things like that. Their dining room and the food were fine as well.

Thank you for paying us a visit. We’re very proud of our co-workers who go above and beyond to make Country Meadows a great place to live and work.

November 05, 2013

By Ruthann1

Caring.com was very helpful in suggesting the right places for what we were looking for. My friend, his son and I visited several of the places and chose Country Meadows. It is very nice location, with a great view, the staff and nurses are very helpful and friendly. My friend is very pleased with his large room and the way he is pampered. The food in the dining room is so good he has put on some weight. (country cooking) I'd highly recommend Country Meadows to anyone. The price is just a little more than some of the others, but it is well worth it for the nice clean place to live.

June 26, 2013

By Lovely Anette

I liked Country Meadows of Frederick. It's a very nice place. The rooms are very clean, nice, and roomy; very accommodating. They have bingo and trips to the grocery store or to different locations. I like the place but it was a little bit more country side and secluded than I thought she would like.

June 23, 2013

By Kirstin

I actually went to Country Meadows of Frederick and toured it, it's for my school. It's a continuing care facility. The facility was very nice and clean. Their rooms are all nice and warm. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. I ate a small meal there from their cafe and it was good. Also their price was reasonable.

October 19, 2012

By Mike Kilpatrick

Care giving at its best! I can't say enough about the Staff and Facility at Country Meadows Frederick. My mother has been there for about 2 years now and is treated like she is on an ocean cruise. I don't know how they manage it but all the staff appears to have a calling for their positions. They are so caring and treat the residents like family. I just received pictures of Mom playing with children at a local daycare center during her weekly visit there sponsored by CM. What a joyful picture of what my mom is up to while her children are busy with our own lives. I can't thank the Management and Staff enough, they are a blessing to our entire family.

June 25, 2012

By Juanito1

This is a very clean facility. The staff seemed friendly and the building itself seemed very cosy. Rooms were moderately small and there was a small game room upstairs. Down the hallway, there is a kitchen down the hall from the entrance where residents can cook food (hopefully supervised). The food seemed ok and my grandmother said is was average but she had seen better. There were several cleaning members and staff members around, interacting with patients. There was an ugly carper throughout, although the furniture was nice. Everything in this place was scaled down, and it seemed very personal, although I think we are looking for a larger experience.There is a downstairs facility that they said was a facility for Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. The patients that we saw ranged from fully functional to very assisted living, and the staff seemed to accommodate everyone well. No one that we talked to was exceedingly unhappy with their home or living conditions.

May 08, 2012

By dafodil

Our mother is a resident at CM. She is very contented there and loves the CM family. She was recently in the hospital for a week and complained about the food, saying she wanted to return to CM where the food was always delicious. The CM staff has always been caring, attentive, and friendly. They will assist with whatever the need seems to be in a kind and loving manner. The facility is lovely and is kept very clean. They have a nice variety of activities and encourage the residents to participate for socialization. Visit CM and you'll soon realize that it's exactly the place you'd want for your loved one. They will be in good hands at CM and your mind can be at peace about their care--and their food!

April 20, 2012

By SeniorsUnited

This is a beautiful facility with wonderful surroundings. However, the daily food for residents is very marginal. It's served in a group process mode instead of restaurant style. Evening meals are poor quality. It's like eating in a school cafteria.. If your table is the last to be served, the food is luke warm at best. Special brunches for friends and family are incredible, but residents already paying $3,000-$6,000 a month have to pay more, which is shameful. Retired folks really look forward to their meals. It's a form of entertainment and a social event. Country Meadow is suppose to be an upscale facility. It's too bad the organization is being so cheap around the food issue.

January 28, 2012

By bugzy1

the facility has a very family type feel to it. the food there is pretty good, for lunch we had steak and cheese sub with fries. this would be the perfect spot to curl up and die. but anyways my grandma and grandpa live here they dont seem to like it to much but its great there is alot of people around their age they can talk to as for if they were not there they would just be all alone but i would definitely recommend this to any eldry people that i may know

August 13, 2011

By Aspen2

Great staff. Had a friend in the community who received wonderful care until his passing and now waiting for an available apartment for my mom. Corporate really cares and is on top of things that are going on.

June 18, 2011

My sisters went to see the facility and they thought it was a great place. Chad was wonderful.

April 12, 2011

By daughter#3

Visited this facility

The level of service at Country Meadows seems to correspond directly with the level of independence of the resident. The independent residents have a beautiful dining/bar area with views and lovely carpet. The assisted living residents have nice dining rooms with salad bars and still carpet. The memory patients live in the basement which has hard floors and some indoor outdoor carpeting. I'm told that no matter where your memory-impaired family member lives, you have to stay on top of the staff to get little things taken care of. If that's true, CM is no exception. Having no experience elsewhere I can't say. However, the folks at CM do make an effort to help the residents keep their nails done and get their hair cut. When you call the nurses they are responsive and really do help. So my feeling are mixed. My loved one is often depressed and I feel a need to move them out at this point, but I am also not sure if the problem is with the facility or the disease itself. One thing to be aware of is that the brunch they serve the prospective client and family is a far cry from the meals served to residents on a regular basis! Still, I think if you are looking for independent or assisted living I think CM is a very good choice.

Photos of Country Meadows of Frederick

Services & Amenities of Country Meadows of Frederick

• Pharma

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

About Country Meadows of Frederick

Welcome to the Country Meadows. After 46 years in senior living we remain family managed and 100% family owned. At Country Meadows Retirement Communities we focus on living...for now and the future. Our goal at Country Meadows is to enable residents to live life to its fullest. That is why our extensive community life program plays an important role in the daily lives of residents. Residents make friends, explore new hobbies and continue lifelong passions.

Residents remain healthy and active through a full array of offerings including social events, spiritual enrichment programs, recreational activities and cognitive and intellectual stimulation. Residents also engage in purposeful activities by volunteering on-campus and in the community. Country Meadows residents enjoy an active and social life. Daily events may include dances and parties, country rides, shopping trips, lunch at local restaurants, games and movies. Residents often gather for pre-dinner social hours to enjoy a game of pool, entertainment or a chat with friends. Comfortable, well appointed living rooms and libraries also provide a cozy place for conversation among friends or to simply read a book.

Country Meadows places a high value on wellness and fitness for its residents. The benefits of physical activity are illustrated by a higher quality of life, independence and diminished pain associated with chronic conditions. Each campus has a fitness coordinator to promote healthy lifestyles for residents. Fitness activities include Tai Chi, gentle yoga and Nautilus exercises. The fitness coordinators also plan wellness education programs with community health professionals.

Country Meadows of Frederick Costs