Belvedere Commons of Franklin

Overview of Ratings

3.8

September 13, 2016

By Tom132041

We have my mother-in-law at Belvedere Commons. The environment is excellent. She is in a room with two beds and a dividing wall. The food is good. The staff is attentive, caring, and observant. It is a locked down unit and security is very good; however, they could increase their staff as there is a need to have three people on staff during the day and the evening. The value and price is comparable to that whole area, but I think it is a little high. The location is excellent. We chose Belvedere because I am more familiar with it and for their knowledge of dementia and Alzheimer’s. Their medical and care knowledge of that particular disease is much better.

December 30, 2015

By Reviewer20

I didn’t like Belvedere Commons. It seemed dark. The whole place smelled like urine. It was fairly new, but just the way it was built and laid out, the rooms were dark. There was not very much window space. I did like the set-up of one room where it had a wall to divide it like a living area and a sleeping area, but the bathrooms were small. There was no closet. On the economic scale, it was a lot cheaper than the other two, but it just wasn’t as nice. It felt like a nursing home. I didn’t interact with the staff. One of the nurses just sat there, but the lady who walked me through was very nice.

November 26, 2015

My husband just moved today into Belvedere Commons' memory care. It is very nice, homey, and the apartments are fine. The staff is helpful and answered all of our questions. It has an outside walking area and activities.

October 28, 2015

By Mindy7

I have my aunt in respite care at Belvedere Commons. I really like the facility. The staff is very eager to do whatever it takes to make you happy. The food is good; they had to grind the food up for my aunt, and they have been very good about doing that and making sure that they only give her things that she can eat. The doors are all locked; the front door stays unlocked during the day, but there is usually someone right there to monitor those coming in and out. It is a very nice facility.

May 17, 2015

Belvedere Commons was a nice facility, and the people were friendly. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were very nice, and they were just like typical apartments. It was very clean. The whole thing was very impressive.

February 25, 2015

My mother is in Belvedere Commons, and we're very pleased with it. I like the location, which is very convenient. I really love the activities. They are great at getting them involved and out of their rooms. She is more involved here than where we had her in previously, so we're really pleased. The other thing that helped us decide was that they had 24-hour nursing care.

September 29, 2014

Belvedere was so expensive, and I am very sensitive to smell. When I walked into one of those places, the smell just hit me that turned me off really quickly, so unfortunately, the idiosyncrasy of man, not the care; it has nothing to do with their capabilities.

August 14, 2013

By Sheila H.

My mother has been a resident for 3 years. It is a pretty, comfortable & clean facility and meets her needs. They have an on site beauty salon, provide transportation (with wheelchair access) to local physician/outpatient facilities and resident outings. The residents also enjoy daily activities and my mother has made many friends. The staff are dedicated, caring and work hard to give the residents the best care. It takes a lot of compassion and patience to work in this environment and I commend the staff. I would highly recommend this facility.

December 27, 2012

By Franklin Family

My parents have been residents in the memory care facility at Belvedere since April, after trying another less than satisfactory area facility. My wife and I toured and researched all of the memory care facilities in the area before settling on Belvedere. Each place we considered sent a nurse to evaluate my parents, and the consensus from all was that both parents needed a memory care level facility. We selected Belvedere for many reasons. Belvedere provides an active and engaging lifestyle for its residents in memory care. They have a full calendar of events each month, including musical entertainment nearly every day, games and crafts, movie events, and exercise activities. They also have weekly outings to a variety of area restaurants for lunch and again for a sweet treat, bus outings to see the beautiful fall leaves or tour the countryside, and bus rides to participate in the city's holiday parades. Belvedere also strongly encourages family involvement, hosting such family events as special holiday meals and a trick or treating event to allow residents to see their young family members in costume before Halloween. The family events are well organized, include musical entertainment for each community, and are well attended. This level of activity and engagement exceeds what we observed in other memory care facilities. My parents are well cared for and attended to in their daily life and medical needs. My father has significant dementia and has had several falls resulting in broken bones and times in a rehab facility. Before his last fall, he was doing the best we had seen in a long time cognitively, thanks to the opportunities and care provided at Belvedere. My mother has mild dementia and many significant medical issues, including Parkinson's, orthostatic hypotension, and severe hearing loss, and she suffered a mild stroke in July. Her medical needs require frequent daily monitoring, beyond what could be provided at home. My dad adjusted to the facility very well and has thrived. My mom has had a more difficult time adjusting to the facility because her dementia is less significant (while her medical needs are greater), but she has made the conscious decision, repeatedly, to be with her husband. She does get lonely at times, because her husband of 48 years can no longer carry on conversations with her, but again, she has chosen to be with her husband, and her husband requires this level of care. She also recognizes the amount of time we invest in her care and medical appointments and has stated she couldn't do it without our help. We have been pleased, overall, with the level of care and love provided to my parents. When there have been issues, as any place will have, we have felt free to address them with the administration and have felt that the administration worked to resolve the issues. No place will ever be home, but the caregivers and activities director at Belvedere work hard to make my parents' days enjoyable. We meet great resistance from certain family members), but those family members do not live in town and do not experience the day to day needs of my parents or witness the efforts and care provided by the staff. We see the full picture, as we experience both the care provided and the needs of my parents on a daily basis.

November 30, 2012

By peaceful33

I am so impressed with the care that is provided at Belvedere Commons. The staff and management team are so dedicated to serving the residents and making their days fun and full of life. In the past few years I have watched as they take the residents with Alzheimers out to local restaurants EVERY week. The residents obviously enjoy it and you can tell the patrons in the restaurants do as well. I see them take the Assisted Living residents out to local restaurants, road trips, sight seeing adventures as well as out shopping and to doctor's appointments. The atmosphere here is amazing. I am so thankful that God has blessed these residents with a chance to live here.

Let Us Search For You

• Home Sale Assistance

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Tennessee

About Belvedere Commons of Franklin

Located in a city filled with history, Belvedere Commons of Franklin provides local seniors with excellent assisted living and memory care amenities and services. Our talented team of staff members is dedicated to providing a fulfilling and enjoyable lifestyle for all of our residents. This is accomplished every day through the programs, activities and individually tailored assistive services that we offer each individual at our community.

Belvedere Commons of Franklin is managed by Grace Management, Inc. Founded in 1984, Grace Management, Inc. has continued to grow due to our people-oriented approach to senior housing and care.

Featured Amenities

Residents of our community enjoy a selection of accommodations, including layouts in both studio and one-bedroom floor plans. Most apartments come standard with a private bath, well-equipped kitchenette, spacious closets and individually controlled thermostats. All accommodations are outfitted with emergency call systems for added peace of mind.

When the weather is nice, residents can be found enjoying our enclosed outdoor courtyards and chatting on our community porch. Both new and classic films are enjoyed in our TV room, and our family room is a great place to simply relax or socialize.

Daily meals are served restaurant-style in our community dining room, and tasty snacks are also available throughout the day.

Available Services

To help ensure that our residents are relaxed as possible, we provide weekly linen and housekeeping services for all accommodations. Routine maintenance checks are performed as well. For reaching medical appointments, we offer the convenience of our scheduled transportation program. Residents facing the ever-present challenge of dementia take part in The Village Program, our specialized memory care and life enrichment program. Here, specially trained caregivers provide each resident with personalized services that take into account his or her needs and preferences. Belvedere Commons of Franklin is an excellent assisted living and memory care community in historic Tennessee.

Our assisted living apartments features private bathrooms, kitchenettes and are wired for telephone and cable television. In our Memory Care Neighborhood we have both private and companion suites with a unique relationship based care plan.

Map of Belvedere Commons of Franklin