Heritage at Framingham Senior Living

747 Water Street, Framingham, MA, 01701

Reviews of Heritage at Framingham Senior Living

Linda Lu August 01, 2014

They are a hidden oasis! I had never heard of Heritage until I attended an event they put on at my senior center. First- I got to try the food and it was superb- I felt like I was eating at an upscale trattoria! Second- The staff and residents who put it on were all so nice and helpful. You could just tell they love being at Heritage. The relationship between the staff and residents really felt like they were best friends or family. One woman who lives at the Heritage told me her struggle with moving. How she was kicking and screaming and fought with her daughter through the entire moving process. She now regrets making such a big fuss because she is so happy at Heritage. I could completely relate because I was looking for senior options for my mom! I want mom closer to me but in a place that offers things for her to do to give her stimulation but most importantly offer her care if she needs it. Anyway, I decided to visit the Heritage and it was all that I had hoped for and more! The building is beautiful and has a very homey feel. I walked in for a tour and was immediately helped by the very attentive staff. Diane came out to help me and I immediately recognized her from the senior center! While touring one of the residents offered to show her apartment (how sweet!)- which was beautiful and just enough space. I also got the chance to sit in on their Art Presentation on Impressionism- it’s nice to know the people who live there are still learning and constantly having that culture. AND there are activities out of the building- residents were talking about going out to lunch to Kens Steakhouse! I left feeling like a weight had been lifted, knowing that this would be the perfect choice for my mom. I have yet to move her in, but when it happens I will let you guys know how it goes!

Yvonne12 May 11, 2014

The environment of Heritage Assisted Living was really nice. I would have really liked to have gotten something there, but the waiting list is long. The staff were very nice. I just stopped there and didn’t have an appointment, and they were extremely nice for that. Their dining room was like a big cafeteria. I would recommend this place.

Diana20 October 09, 2013

We wanted a place that was in Framingham or in the same area, that's why we opted Heritage for my dad. Aside from location, we also like that they have a separate area for memory care patients because my dad has Alzheimer's. The facility is clean and well-kept. It smells good when you walk in there. I think they do a nice job decorating their facilities, like their common areas, dining areas, and seating rooms. Everything is very nicely presented. The people that work there seem very nice. During our search for a facility for my dad, we did encounter some language barrier with the staff, but we didn't have that kind of problem here. Every staff that we spoke with there speaks fluent English. Residents all seem properly dressed. Everyone looks like they're getting good care. As far as the food goes, so far it's great! The only thing that my dad has actually brought up to me that he would like to have in this place is either a bigger room or his own private sitting room. So it would be nice if they could work this out for him.

Ariel4 August 21, 2012

After looking at a couple locations, I finally came across Heritage at Framingham. It was a wonderful experience. I was greeted by friendly staff at the desk, they welcomed us with coffee or tea and we were greeted by many other guests living in the facilities. It has a wonderful campus with old oaks and willows, a nearby late and stream. The grounds are very well kept and looks so beautiful in the fall. I was told there is room for about 150 guests and it made us feel very welcomed.

I asked a few of the guests how they liked the food because I know my mother can be quite picky at times, but it made me chuckle because they said it was fantastic. "They are the best meals I have had for the better part of my life". Knowing that, we got past a large hurdle. It really started to make me think this was the right place for us.

sharijenn October 19, 2011

The Heritage at Framingham is definitely a one of a kind facility. The setting and layout of the building is large, open and very clean. Heritage offers a setting to provide elderly or people who need extra assistance with everyday living needs. While the traditional setting of a assisted living facility is there, there are also some very unique advantages. In addition to assisting those who need a little extra help, they also have a second setting that specializes specifically to people with Alzheimer's disease or other memory loss illnesses.The Heritage in Framingham is a very large facility and is located in the wonderful area of Nobscot which is near Sudbury and Wayland. Because this facility is on the border of a few towns, it makes it easy on the families of residents residing at the Heritage. There is also no shortage of outdoor space, as the facility lays on 8 acres of land.As I walked into the heritage, I felt welcomed immediately and as if I were a guest at someone's home, which is a great feeling. For my elderly relative living at the Heritage, they have their large living area, constant care for as much or as little as needed, a wonderful eating facility, and activities every day. The staff was very attentive, and there within minutes of being called. You can tell where their priorities were. It's a great feeling knowing that there is someone available 24/7 to help your elderly relative whenever they might need help.I noticed that there were different size living areas ranging from a studio to a two bedroom apartment. They all had private bathrooms and kitchens, as well as heat, electricity and air condition which were all included in the rental fee.I would highly recommend this facility to anyone considering an assisted living location.

pumpkyboy September 13, 2011

The facility is a great place. The temperature there is perfect all year round, and there are many chairs, benches, and other places to sit down at in the middle of the hallways in case the residents need a break on the way back to their rooms. The employees are great too. Whenever anybody needs help or any kind of assistance at all there is always an employee ready to help. There are also many activities that the residents can partake in so that they do not get bored there.

From Heritage at Framingham Senior Living

Heritage at Framingham provides a continuum of care across two settings, the "Classic"; Independent and Assisted Living and "Homestead"; Memory Support Living.

“Classic” is the setting within Heritage that provides Independent living and a traditional assisted living often described as a “country inn” with an engaging community. “Homestead” provides assisted living for Alzheimer ’s disease and progressive memory impairments. This program has specific structured activities that are social, emotional, spiritual, educational and exercise as well as personal care. Both settings offer studios and one-two bedroom apartments, personal care, housekeeping and security. Mary Ann Morse Nursing and Rehabilitation center is the sister community of Heritage at Framingham. Mary Ann Morse is a not-for-profit award winning 123 bed nursing and rehabilitation facility. They offer short-term rehabilitative and transitional medical care, long term care and dementia special care with 24 hour skilled nursing services.

Heritage at Framingham is a five star, not-for-profit senior living community located on the northern edge of Framingham, MA. It is the independent and assisted living component of the Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Corp. and provides a continuum of care across two settings, located on eight spacious and beautiful acres.

Features of Heritage at Framingham Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,825/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Heritage at Framingham Senior Living