Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

16 Lilac Avenue, Fox Lake, IL, 60020

Reviews of Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

May 17, 2015

By Terrence2

Paradise Park was a single story facility. The staff went through quite a bit more questions and answers with my mother-in-law trying to ascertain where she would fit in their program than the other sites have done. That was very nice of them. They only have like 16 patients in each of their single story facilities, so it was smaller and more personal. On the other hand, their activity rooms were obviously much smaller. The staff seemed to be taking quite a lot of time with two or three patients that went on most of the time that our tour was going on. My only negative is that the facility has been under this management for about ten years, and it is beginning to look a little shopworn; that was a little bit putting off to my wife.

August 07, 2014

By Nancy97061750

Excellent care and service.

July 24, 2014

By Josephine5

I find the service excellent and very accomodating. It's the next best thing to living at Home.

July 08, 2014

The Paradise Park Assisted Living is great. If I could squeeze out another $150 a month from what I have, I'd stay here forever. My rent right now is $3,300, and I can hold out until the end of year. Come the end of the year, it is understood that my rent is going up by $150 or a bit more than that a month. The staff is wonderful; they couldn't be better. We have an excellent chef. At least twice a week, they bring in entertainment. We play a lot of games, card games, Bingo, and a lot of that depends upon how mentally alert people are. They go to community events like the community dance a couple of times a month, they have Bingo like a firehouse, and things like that.

March 30, 2014

By caring80807550

Paradise Park Assisted Living and Memory Care is single story, and it has super nice homes. The level of care is super good. Just everything about it seems really warm and comfortable. The staff probably really cares about their residents because all of the residents are smiling. There are a lot of good activities going on. My mother has been there for about a month or two. It is a very comfortable home environment. The dining area is very nice, very nicely finished, they have a chef, and the food is really good. The facility is in excellent condition.

June 10, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

The Paradise Park assisted living facility in Fox Lake, IL is a lovely living environment that includes around 16 suite style homes on a protected and secure property. Our grandmother was considering living in her own apartment, but then we decided to check out more communal environments that seemed even more home like. She likes to be surrounded by people and is very social, so this seemed a little more apt to accommodate that. We first saw the lovely circular flowers at the entrance, where people can sit to read, talk or just enjoy the day around the fountain. We liked that residents can get around easily from place to place. Many people have walkers and other devices that they use to get around. Because the community has a guard and gate, there is little worry about safety issues. The gazebo was striking and is used for many types of social gatherings, from private to group focused. The pathways are easy for anyone to navigate. There is a variety of type of people with different backgrounds and needs at Paradise Park. This makes for an interesting and stimulating mix of residents. The community atmosphere is congenial and friendly. All of the residents are encouraged to participate in many types of local events that are stimulating and invigorating. Friends and family regularly visit and there is no strict schedule for this. The rooms were spacious and all included either an easy chair or comfortable and easy to sit in Queen Anne type chair. This is important for us, given that our grandmother is using a walker. She was able to easily get in and out of the chair, including all of the other well-designed furniture. There was always someone nearby to assist her if need be. Rooms included a small kitchenette if desired. The houses were well equipped and very nicely decorated. It is apparent that they are all well-maintained. We were treated to a lovely and healthy meal with a fantastic dessert that was even suitable for a diabetic, which was hard to believe! We could see that our grandmother would be very happy at this facility, which really seemed more like someone's home.

Photos of Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

Features of Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4425/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Childrens Playground, Raised Planting Beds, Gazebo And A Park.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: A Long List Of Other Fun Activities On Site And Off Site Every Week.

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid
  • Financial Guidance Extra: We Offer Free Financial Consulatations!

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1
  • Minimum Age: No Minimum Age

• Licenses: IDPH License
  • State Licenses: 5102048

About Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care provides Adult Day Care 4 to 12 hours per day; Respite Care 1 to 30 days at a time with no minimum stay; as well as long term stays.

Our Community consists of Four Beautiful Single Story 16 Unit Homes, with no stair or elevators.

We have nurses on staff 24/7, all caregivers are CNA's, we have Certified Dementia Practitioners and visiting Physicians.

We provide on-site Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and even Hospice Care if and when needed.

To inspire and nurture each senior spirit; on person, one memory and one heart at a time, within our loving home.

Map of Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care