Carmel Village Retirement Community

17077 San Mateo, Fountain Valley, CA, 92708

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Carmel Village Retirement Community

By Pam123374350

Carmel Village Retirement Community was clean, had friendly administrators and nice rooms. They had a great dining room and a salon. They had movie nights, game nights, clubs, music and entertainment during the day. There's just full of stuff going on. The food looked yummy and smelled good but I never personally tasted it. They had a chef there. They have regular menu so I don't think they get to choose from a lot. They have nice table settings with flowers on the tables, and the waitresses bring them their food. It's a privately funded place so they don't take Medicaid or Medicare.

By Caring VisitorMSSKR

Carmel Village was beautiful. I’m sure it was the most expensive one, but it was so nicely appointed. The dining room and furniture looked really nice, and it was definitely updated it very recently. The staff was very nice and helpful, and you could tell that they took pride in the place. They had a library, a computer area, and a little gym. It was definitely the nicest one I've seen. It looked like they paid a lot of attention to detail in making it seem homey in an elegant way.

By Janetta, RNFTCAN

Carmel Village is only three minutes away, but they really couldn’t take care of my father-in-law's needs, so that kind of axed it out of the running right there. I would have him there because it’s three minutes away, so I can literally walk over and get him. And I loved Mary Rose; she was fabulous. She knew what she was doing, was very kind, gave us a lot of good advice, and helped us with what to look for; she was great. They have this great first floor patio that I absolutely adored, and it would have been perfect. The rooms and apartments were fabulous. If the person wasn’t as mobile, they could better help out. But it had a great feel to it. It was a very safe and kind environment. If they were going to do anything, they could just freshen up their common areas.

March 19, 2016

By Paula121745850

Carmel Village was a very beautiful, little center. The lady who helped me was wonderful. She answered all of my questions, happily provided any information that I wanted, and took me on a tour that included seeing the different floor plans. The community was very nice and had lots of amenities and activities. It was something I would really consider for my parents. They ran errands for the residents on different days, had outings, and went to movies. The menu was pretty expensive, but they offered very nice entrées every evening and had lots of options, which I thought was really good. I would recommend them. It was a really nice community and the people that I talked with were very nice. Everything that they offered was nice. However, the rooms were small.

February 10, 2016

By James120036050

Carmel Village Retirement Community was a smaller facility. The amenities were nice, and had a homey feel. The grounds were well-kept, and moderate in size. The rooms were a little bit smaller. It's a newer facility, and the property that they had it built on was less. The dining room was set up nicely, but their hours were more restrictive in regards to eating. They had specific menus and times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The social recreations were adequate. They appeared to have experienced staff that were social with the occupants. They're very unique in their own way even though it's smaller.

September 30, 2015

Carmel Village is a combination assisted-living and there’s a part that’s called managed care in it for Alzheimer's. My friend didn’t care for the managed care side of the facility; she thought that it was very confining. The place was OK. They invited us to have lunch there. The dining room was very nice and the food was very good. The staff was very accommodating. I was watching some of the residents there. They were doing some kind of activity. They were all lined up along the sidewalk and looking at the wall. I think they had different things like bingo.

September 16, 2015

By Fiona2

Carmel Village was the facility I liked the best. It was very well maintained. The staff was very nice. The food was excellent. It had a good location. The grounds were very nice and very well maintained with flowers and walking paths. The units were pretty small, which was a little bit of a drawback.

November 20, 2012

By nohlranch

They have five different floorplans available. My friend picked the plan that has one bedroom and one living room and has a total of 550 square feet. This is enough space for him to feel comfortable, as he has the privacy of his own room. It also allows him to entertain guests such as myself in the living room. The place is fully furnished. There's a lot to do around the community. There's a library, so it's good to read or play board games at one of the tables. There's a courtyard space with lots of lush vegetation, so it's comfortable to take a walk and enjoy an evening stroll with pleasant conversation. There's an arts and crafts room if he feels creative and wants to make something with other people. There is also transportation to take residents to local areas such as the mile square park or the beach. There is never a lack of things to do here. The care here is great. They have a 24-hour staff that is attentive to details. Packages include grooming, medication regulation, personal laundry, grooming, and others. There's a spectrum of how invasive you want the staff to be, and they're happy to accommodate. Overall, it seems like my friend is happy.

December 23, 2008

By patty reese

My loved one stayed here

Carmel Village is the best place! My Mother has lived here for more than eight years and she is very happy. The staff members are just great, and my whole family enjoys our visits to Carmel Village. We looked at alot of places before we made this choice, and we are so pleased that we choose Carmel.

Photos of Carmel Village Retirement Community

Services & Amenities of Carmel Village Retirement Community

About Carmel Village Retirement Community

Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach Senior Living

Nestled into a quiet residential neighborhood in the beautiful city of Fountain Valley, Carmel Village has the perfect location for retirement living. Carmel Village is close to major shopping centers, medical services and Orange County's great entertainment choices including beaches and Mile Square Park.

Look no further for your next senior apartment. Carmel Village creates an unparalleled level of quality and care in Fountain Valley senior living. At Carmel Village, we provide senior apartment living at its best; with beautiful, spacious apartments and a monthly schedule packed with great activities. Plus, we offer a reasonable monthly rent that includes housekeeping, utilities, chef-prepared meals, and other fine amenities. Additionally, when independent living is no longer an option, Carmel Village offers assisted living and memory care.

Carmel Village is qualified to help you as your living needs adjust. The highly experienced assisted living staff is here to make your life stress free by helping with daily living activities. The program offers options that enable you to go beyond just living life. Carmel Village helps amplify your life by providing you with unique opportunities each day.

Carmel Village is also a highly regarded memory care provider in Fountain Valley, CA. Our program is highly customized and well suited to the individual looking for care from qualified staff.

Map of Carmel Village Retirement Community