Fountain View | Assisted Living

16455 East Avenue of the Fountains, Fountain Hills, AZ, 85268

Reviews of Fountain View | Assisted Living

Margaret P. December 17, 2015

My husband is doing very well at Fountain View Village. They give him his medicines on time. They check on him if he is not down for his meals. One day, he does not feel like going down to the dining area, and the staff checked on him and asked him if they could do anything for him. He asked for hot chocolate, muffins, and a banana, and they brought those to him. They are spoiling him. It was really great. I would recommend this facility.

Timothy8 October 28, 2015

Fountain View Village would be our second choice and probably would be the one that we would line up in. The director of sales took his time and explained everything with us. We were really impressed. With our situation, this is the one we thought, if we had to go in today, or four or five years from now, this is the one we probably wind up in because it offers the best for my wife as far as sustainability. I would have no worries that she could live for at least 90 years living there. Their rooms were comfortable, and they had the things we wanted. Outside, they had a pool and walking facility around. We like their dining area. They had a little bistro-type restaurant that you can go in at anytime and get a deli sandwich, I like that part. I like their price structure too. Again we can customize the room, and that's pretty important to us. They have all the same things, only they don't have the buy-in.

Caring80740350 April 26, 2014

Fountain View has all the positive things that one would look for. The rooms are considerably larger than most that we saw. It has the spiritual side of things. It has movies, it has physical activities, the trips where you can go places and do things, and walking clubs. It was good, but really it's the location. It's very close to where I live.

Jack23 April 26, 2014

The staff was excellent. Not only were they helpful, but they were very kind to everyone who asked questions. It was outstanding. It was almost like they’d all been trained in public relations and just make you feel very welcome. When you walk in, they are very congenial and helpful. I really enjoyed the staff, but the facility itself was extremely clean, new-looking. Everything at Fountain View Village was tip top. We didn’t experience the food that much, but it feels like the rest of the facility was excellent.

Edward15 April 26, 2014

Fountain View had a room they could rent out on a monthly basis, which we're going to do for 2 ½ months. It gives my mother-in-law an opportunity to get a chance to look at it and see if sometime down the road, long term, she would like to spend some time there. Everything was nice. The room was equipped, so all she has to bring in the interim period are her personal things. They seemed to be very accommodating and very polite, and we appreciated that. It was very clean. They had everything: a huge pool and exercise facilities for the older people. It was very accommodating.

Caring77129150 January 28, 2014

I was looking for an assisted living for both my parents and I was able to visit Fountain View Village. The place is beautiful and well cared for. The patients there seemed happy. I was able to see maybe three or four rooms and they were great. Each individual apartment was clean. The staff were excellent. They were not too pushy and very understanding. I didn’t try the food, but I saw the menu and it looked great. There were several different programs that they have. They have a movie theatre which kind of interests my dad a lot and I also think they also have exercise classes.

Anita11 January 24, 2014

The Fountain View Village is a beautiful place and the people are so kind. Rebecca, who is one of the directors for sales, is great. Laura is in charge of the nurses and she helped us with everything. Joan, the receptionist, set up a whole bunch of stuff for my mother-in-law. My husband and I went to eat with her on the first night and the food was excellent. It was delicious, really good. The thing that sets this place apart, besides that it's got a fantastic view, is that people are so kind and the place is clean. It's absolutely spotless. If somebody is looking for a clean and nice facility for their parents, that's the place. It's almost perfect. It's like a five-star resort. She's got a private apartment, which is nice and very good for her needs. It's got a kitchen, some tiles and carpet, it's very clean. She's very happy.

Valor October 03, 2011

I have six years experience with Fountain View Village. The facility was privately owned but sold to a Chicago Corporation, Senior Life Styles in 2006. From that moment the quality of the facility started dropping off and as of Sept 2011 it has Become tired looking with a strange oder.

The employees who are individual contributors try to do a good job but are impeded by a money hungry corporate office. Management is quick to placate problems but revenue is paramount to the care of their people. On January 1, 2010 supplemental care fees were raised 33%; medication fees were raised 30% and rents were raised 7%. From January 2009 to January 2011 rents have increase 6%, 7% and 6% annually and the facility indicates another rent increase is coming in January 2012. All of these increases have occurred when residents received no increases in SSA and retirement benefits. In August 2010 Life Styles placed 3 motion sensors in each room and declaired that every resident's monthly rent was increasing by $200/mo. A insurrection by residents and family members got this mandatory increase reduced to $100/mo.

This is a company that is far more focused on generating revenue than it is in maintaining a quality of life and service for it's residents.

Our community prides itself on providing excellent customer service and quality care. One of the ways we do this is by investing in new and innovative technology that can improve the lives of seniors. Quiet Care is an example of just that! This product has benefited countless residents due to its special monitoring system. Additionally, the owners have invested over $3 million dollars to renovate the campus. I invite you to stop by for a visit to our community to learn about the benefits of Quiet Care and to view the cosmetic upgrades.

Emmyrose September 04, 2011

This a a beautiful facility with three buildings. All are three story. They have one and two bedroom apartments with call lights, and handicapped equipped.They have a new system which is a silent motion dector in the apartments.

The interior is beautifully decorated as well as the apartments with artwork, statues and fountains. They have a theater room, activities room, fitness room, a bistro,and formal dining room.They have patios on the other floors as well.

They have a good variety with 2 entrees at lunch and three dinner. The food is excellent.

The out side grounds are lush and green with walking paths, flowers, and water decor. The views are nice. They have patios and places to sit.

They do all three levels of care so residents can stay within the facility. They have an RN 5 days a week. They have a doctor visits once a week, a podiatrist, well staffed certified caregivers.

They have a wonderful activities department and lots of in house and out side activities. They have dances, parties, socials, bingo, music, aswel as shopping, theater, concerts, casinos, and restaurants.They also have yoga classes and swimming exercises in their pool.

This a wonderful place and the staff is loving and caring.

jiggs16 July 27, 2011

The location of this facility is good. It's a small town outside of Phoenix, and it's easily accessible.

The grounds could use more parking. The grounds are clean, but there aren't too many areas or patios for the residents. There aren't gardens or anything like that.

Inside is nice "“ it's clean and it hardly ever smells. It's newer construction, but the construction is very basic.

The rooms are standard size, and the bathrooms are pretty easily accessible. Residents can bring in whatever furnishings or decorations they want.

The staff is decent "“ as usual, they're overworked. Call lights take a long time to be answered, and there could be more training with the aides. The nursing assistants could have more knowledge of each patient instead of trying to pawn everything off on the nurses, which means that the nurses are more overworked than the assistants.

The food is fair and nutritious. The residents get snacks, and the cooks follow everyone's dietary needs.

When a resident is trying to see the doctor or a nurse, it takes quite awhile.

S.Sherrill June 08, 2011

The staff at Fountain View Village is top-notch. They keep residents busy with social activities, and are quick to respond to their needs. It is a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, with all levels of care. I've lost count of how many people I've moved into this facility, but it's very rare that anyone moves out.

From Fountain View

Senior assisted living at Fountain View offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Fountain View, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Fountain Hills has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Fountain View, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Ranked one of the top ten Retirement communities in Arizona for 4 years in a row by Ranking Arizona Magazine.___ Underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in 2012 to upgrade all levels of care throughout the continuum including independent, assisted, memory care and skilled nursing and rehabilitation.___ Located within 5 minutes of mayo clinic___ Rated one of the top Nursing homes in Arizona by Consumer Reports___ Medicare 5 star rating

Features of Fountain View

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

Nurses

• Nurses extra: We have 24 hour nurses.

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AL5936