Brookdale Fortuna

2401 Redwood Way, Fortuna, CA, 95540

Reviews of Brookdale Fortuna

August 07, 2014

The staff was very helpful at Emeritus. I didn't like that the rooms were very small. The ones I've toured were all very clean and have recently been recarpeted. I did like their dining facilities and the fact that snacks are available 24/7. I also didn't like the look and feel of the memory care unit. The people working there were very friendly. They have a whole calendar of activities. I think they played Bingo a couple of times a week. One time someone came in and did something with the residents and they also have outside trips. I know a resident who was living there for a several years and she was very happy.

May 29, 2014

My mom had been in Emeritus for almost 2 years. It had some management problems, and we considered putting my dad in there but chose not to. The facility itself was fine. It's near a hospital. It has decent-sized rooms. It has a common area. It's a nice facility away from the city, which is a small town. It's like 50 or 60 units, so it's medium-sized. The dining area is nice. The food, when my mom was there, was better than it is now. They've cut back on staffing. When she was there, the staff was fine. Since that time, that's changed. The facilities, when my mom was there, were fine.

July 29, 2013

By Lucile

I was very impressed with Emeritus at Sequoia Springs. It was a very good facility. I liked the way the people interact with each other. I liked the staff there, especially the lady who was in charged with the memory care unit. The problem there was that my mother kind of fell in between needing to be in the memory care center or in the regular part of it. So, I spent much time in their memory care center and I didn't think that it would be a good place for my mom because she is not that far gone. But then she couldn't get to the regular part because they don't attend to some of her needs. It's a very social place and I do like that but may be too social for my mother. It just didn't fit her in the stage where she is at. The memory care unit there was no interaction among the patients and the other side there was a lot of interaction so. It doesn't help anybody who falls between them.

Features of Brookdale Fortuna

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3860/month

• Licenses: License #126803516

About Brookdale Fortuna

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Fortuna