Westchester Plaza

554 S Summit Ave, Fort Worth, TX, 76104

Reviews of Westchester Plaza

maria lozano August 10, 2011

i live at Winchester and have for 2 years .. i have had some problems when i first moved in with my medications and other small things but . how ever. over the past 2 years as the staff and residents got used to me ..and my needs ..i have had very few problems .if any ..and have grown to care and even love my family there.. i feel that it takes the involvement as a small community to have an affect on the smoothness of the operations there.. and family from the out side in a constructive manner to become in the heath of their loved ones..i love west Chester and would like to see more young people like my self move in ..

worried2011 August 08, 2011

My mother moved into this facility due to declining health at age 58, I am a critical care nurse and live in another state. I was given this facilities information by a case manager at Baylor Medical Center. I was unable to visit first and there wasnt much information on the internet. I spoke to the Manager of the facility and everything seemed to be ok. I was assured by the casemanager that this facility would be ok for my mother. About 6 months after she moved in I received a phone call that my mother was critically ill, I flew in to Dallas just in time for her passing. After she passed, I went to her apartment at Westchester Plaza, which I had never been to. The facility was in an unsafe part of town, It was filthy, unsafe by any standard in that there were 13+ floors (this was an old hotel converted into assisted living) with only 3 elevators, 1 of which was not working. I had to wait 25 minutes on an elevator..had there been a fire, everyone would have perished. My mothers apartment had been broken into and robbed while she was in the hospital, this was the second time she had been robbed in this facility. When I contacted the police to come to her apartment, I was verbally attacked by one of the CNA's working there, who I later found out was a drug addict with an extensive record. The facility was also infested with roaches. I would not let my family member live or even visit this facility. It is unsafe, dirty and the staff are uncaring and minimally educated.

IvalP4ri5 May 31, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandparents were moved to this facility when my grandfather's Alzheimer's disease became more advanced and my grandmother began to decline in physical strength. Both of my grandparents are deaf, and at that time this facility was chosen because it was specifically equipped to house deaf residents. Over the years the quality of care declined a great deal. Care of the elderly is extremely hard, and getting all of the various organizations involved to interact with each other in tandem is incredibly stressful. This means a lot can go wrong. Over time the quality of care began to decline. In my opinion, the facility was overstretched and had too great a diversity of residents with extremely individual needs. Many of the things that were important in making my grandmother comfortable after my grandfather went into hospice care went by the wayside such as the small barber shop and beauty parlor. The environment began to feel unsafe and depressing in the extreme. Eventually, another facility was created to house some of the deaf residents, and my family decided to move her despite the fact that she is very frail physically.

Ashley-1 June 18, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My mother lived at Westchester for two years, during which time the staff repeatedly made mistakes in administering her medications. They would either not bring the medication, telling her she had none left (but the next day some miraculously appeared) or bring the wrong medication. There is no telling what could have happened to her had she not realized and refused to take them. I would never let any of my family members live here again.

About Westchester Plaza

Westchester Plaza is an assisted living facility in Fort Worth, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Westchester Plaza for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Westchester Plaza