Mirabella Assisted Living

4242 Bryant Irvin Road, Fort Worth, TX, 76109

Reviews of Mirabella Assisted Living

Mbozarth July 09, 2015

My mother has lived at Mirabella now for about 5 years. When she first moved in everything was wonderful. There was a waiting list for rooms when my mother moved in, but now they have a Marketing person from the cooperate office there to help sell the place.... if that tells you anything ! Everything started out good, the place, the food, the staff etc. Now, over the past 2-3 years it has gone downhill fast. The staff change more often than one would change their clothes, and they are severely understaffed on the weekends. By law, they are suppose to do a once a month medication check just to make sure my mother knows exactly how to take her meds. They charge $50.00 a mth for this service. Problem is, my mother still has a great mind, and checks off on the calendar when they do this. Half the time they do not check her meds with her, but.... you guessed it, they still charge her for it. Working on getting her account credited for the $50.00 for 2 mths now. Was told last mth it would be deducted, but it was not. My point is... I just wonder how many elderly people there that don't still have a good mind are they doing this to. The place was owned by someone different when my mother first went there, then someone else took over shortly thereafter. My advice.... check out other options before you decide on this place. It seems to me this company is all about how much money they can cut out and not about the residents !!!

We are sorry that you have had a bad experience at Mirabella and with service. We will absolutely refund the monthly fee if in fact the service was not provided. Please call the Regional Director of Operations, Chris Sykes at (817) 408-7647 for assistance. We are in search of a new Sales Associate which is why we have a Regional Specialist assisting at the community. We hope to have that role filled soon. Thank you for reaching out and we are committed to resolving your concerns immediately.

Rita32 June 30, 2015

We went to Mirabella Senior Living. It was a very nice place. It was clean. The staff seemed to be very helpful. The food smelled good, but we didn't taste it. I thought they had a gym, but I don't think they had a pool.

Caring106600650 May 26, 2015

Mirabella Assisted Living facility is nice, clean, and friendly. The staff seems to care, they seemed to do a good job of taking care of my mother-in-law, and maintenance seems to be done well. She likes the food and the people that work there, and she doesn’t have any complaints with them.

Randell May 15, 2015

Mirabella is kind of a mixed bag. The one thing that I am kind of impressed with is they provide three meals a day, and I haven't heard any complaint about the meals. I think they are somewhat satisfied with the food. Organization wise, they have the medics around, and there seems to be plenty of people helping to take care of the residents. There are a few things that are surprising, and it is probably just an employee or two who would do something like that. For example, I had I wanted somebody to take my mother's temperature, and the lady that was asked to do that didn't have a thermometer with her. It was really just kind of goofy things like that; you would think they have a nurse and a medical staff, but they didn't have a thermometer to take her temperature. There is this employee which my mother says has a very heavy accent and can hardly speak. Although they have foreign people that work there, most of them speak English fairly well, but this one evidently is kind of marginal, so the communication with this particular person is difficult. That seems to be a very important aspect of that particular position that she is in, and I am a little disappointed with that. The facility has had some TV and internet problem which is kind of like pulling teeth to get all that stuff turned on. I barely got her Wifi service turned on after she has been there for two months. It is not really Mirabella, but it is their contractor. It is much better if they allowed the more professional company to handle those things. Other than that, I am pleasantly surprised with a lot of things aside from the TV and the Wifi service. I really wouldn't have a lot to complain about. And as far as the incident with the thermometer, I can handle that. I'll get her a thermometer and put it in the apartment, so if someone comes up they can take her temperature. I think from all the feedback I got from my mother, it is the only complaint that I have heard. She can't understand her, and her English is very poor. But other than that, I think she is very happy with all the rest of the staff, and she thinks they are awesome. It is really not that bad at all.

Caring105159850 April 21, 2015

Mirabella Senior Living was very good. The gentleman that showed us around was an excellent guide. You could tell that he really cared about the residents, and he wanted to make sure that everything was taken care of. The place was very clean. The rooms there seemed to have a little more room in them and a few more options. They had activities like bingo, bible studies, and group activities.

The sanitation was also excellent. They had more dining options. They had a little bistro cafe and a little convenient store where they could buy snacks and stuff at -- more than just the dining room. I would recommend them.

JudyM January 31, 2015

Checked the facility out for my mother, whom is in rehab. The lobby and entrance is 5 star. The rooms are 1 star. I am not understanding why one would spend extravagantly on the things that are "seen", and ignore those that are most important to the residents, their living quarters. Put the same care into their homes...update them! Reminds me of the guy who drives a new Cadillac, and lives in a shack.

We are sorry that you had a negative experience during your visit. We encourage you to visit again and spend time with our residents and associates. Our community and company take our Resident First Philosophy very serious and would like for you to see first hand how we follow that culture in all we do. Please feel free to call Chris Sykes, the Regional Director of Operations, at 817-586-2183.

Caring90752550 September 10, 2014

I know a couple of people at Mirabella. I am just really disappointed because they’re more interested in profit than providing good care for their residents. They would not absolutely accommodate a special diet. You eat what they prepare, and it’s not low sodium. I was just horrified. I had a good friend who passed away. He had a very serious heart condition. He was not supposed to eat pork, salt, and cholesterol. He tried to work with these people and tried to alter the diet plan. They wrote the management and board of directors and expressed to them the importance of diet and various things that they thought should change in the facility, and they were told point blank, "We are not interested in special care for our residents." He lost so much weight because the diet they served was not something he was able to eat. I would not recommend them at all. They could make their diet more flexible. The only thing that Mirabella would serve for the diabetic diet is a regular meal and the alternative diet (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans). The only part of that that I’m willing to eat are the green beans. They provide transportation, but they should have an appointment several weeks in advance. This is what they’re paying big bucks for. They could accommodate people with special dietary needs, and if they advertise that they provide transportation they should put on enough cars, people, or whatever it takes to provide that transportation instead of my friend having to call up the church and ask if anybody can pick him up.

We are sorry you have had a bad experience with special diets and transportation at Mirabella. We take pride in providing our resident with the best care and services available in the market. I encourage you to call our Regional Director of Operators, Chris Sykes to discuss this further. He can be reached by phone at 817-408-7647 or by email at CSykes@sagora.com. By state regulations we are only allowed to provide a certain amount of modified diets within an Assisted Living environment, but we would be more than happy to review your concerns in regards to this in more detail. As for transportation, we provide transportation to doctors, errands and requested trips throughout the week every week, our residents can sign up weekly and daily for this service and a two week notice is not required. We are here to assist you in these concerns, please just reach out to us.

Sandra98543350 September 08, 2014

Mirabella was fine, the staff was nice and I didn’t have any problems. The dining room was big and they have one on the third floor iif you can’t get down to the big dining room, and it’s nice. It was nice, clean and it appeared that the residents were being taken of. They have music, dance, and cards.

Robert Dixon July 30, 2014

I came to this facility on a Saturday in order to find a place for my grandmother and while the rooms are a good size and the residents seem relatively happy, one of the staff members was incredibly rude to me and kept giving me the worst attitude. I remember her name being Zita. I tried to complain to an executive who's office was labeled "Resident services" only to find NO ONE in there. Aside from that rude employee, the others seemed very nice and happy. I don't know how the other employees can stand this Zita girl.

Mr. Dixon;

We apologize that your visit to Mirabella was a negative one. On the weekends we have a Manager on Duty, and we are sorry that she was not available when you were there. Our Resident Service Director was not there the day you toured and that would explain why her office was empty. We appreciate your feedback and have also started an investigation into the associate that was not exemplifying the culture of our Company and Mirabella. We encourage you to visit again and learn why so many residents call Mirabella home.

Lee14 July 23, 2014

My parents are in the memory care unit of Mirabella Assisted Living. We went to visit and interact with the people, and they just seemed very friendly and on the ball and paying attention to detail. Some of the caregivers need to be given more instruction, but all in all it has been pretty good. My dad is not really happy with the food, but then my dad is a picky eater, so I don't want to say that their food is bad. With regards to the staff, if I had a question and they didn't know the answer, they would write it down and they would call me back for the answer. They were very honest with whether or not they knew an answer, and I was impressed with that. Most of the people that I have run into, and even my dad said that most of the people are very nice and ready to help. The building and area itself is very attractive. The room that my mom and dad have looks out on a really nice little enclosed courtyard that memory care residents can go into, but you don't have to worry about them getting out because there is only one door in and out. It's really pretty. It doesn't feel like a nursing home.

Laura39 July 23, 2014

My dad's going to move into Mirabella Senior Living next week. The staff is great. The room is spacious enough. We got to eat there, and the food is good; it's really good. I was very impressed with it. They have activities like movies, ice-cream on Sundays, and they always have one to two activities per day. They reminded me of an adult day care, and I liked it. They were great. Mirabella is the only one I went to, and I did not feel that I needed going anywhere else because they were what I was looking for.

Terry29 June 30, 2014

I really liked Mirabella Senior Living. The staff was very good. They were very informative, and they answered all my questions. They explained what the activities were and how everything worked. They had different things that they offered, like transportation. It seemed like it had everything you needed in one place, and it was out there in the medical district. There were a lot of doctors out there in that area.

Caring79822550 April 01, 2014

My mom seems to be comfortable at Mirabella, so right now it's working out fine. The food was fine. They don't have a lot of activities that my mom is interested in. She doesn't do a lot there. They could improve on their communication. The people who are running it are nice. But we've had some issues with communication. There's nothing outstanding about the environment in Mirabella.

Thank you for your comments and we apologize for any miscommunication. Our Executive Director and all associates have an open door policy for communicating with residents, families and friends.

We are proud to offer chef-prepared meals for our residents. Our resident council and dining committee meets regularly to ensure our meal options are healthy and delicious.

Our lifestyles program offers activities 7 days a week and we meet regularly with residents to ensure we are holding events based on their interests.

Please contact us directly so we can discuss our activity and dining programs to improve the experience for your mom. We appreciate your feedback.

Caring62390950 January 30, 2014

We found Mirabella online. When we visited the facility, the rooms were nice. The thing that we didn’t care was that their assisted living room has a stove top, pretty much a full kitchen which for my parents that is not what we are looking for. For safety reasons, I didn’t think an electric stove top is suitable for assisted living. It’s a very nice facility, but it was just very big for my parents. I could see them getting confused on trying to get around, so that was the main reason why we wouldn’t choose the facility. The people that we talked and who gave us the tour was very nice and that was the only interaction that we had with regards to their staff.

Suzanne16 January 24, 2014

Mirabella Senior Living was new and it had a lot of things going on in it. They seem to be centered on activities. They didn't have a lot of activities available, but I thought it was a little bit much. Twenty two things per schedule per day per person, that's a lot. The rooms were exceptionally nice. They had a suite; two rooms separated and they shared a bathroom, and those were exceptionally nice. They had wood floors or something that looked like wood and they were decorated pretty. They had the up-to-date walk-in shower, so that nobody would trip getting into the bath. Everything looked like very, very nicely done. Their dining room looked like an expensive hotel dining room. The people looked like they were happy that they were there. My problem was that I thought it was too many activities and I didn't like the attitude of the person that was selling the business, and then the price was different when I called them on the phone versus when I came in person. I visited that place for my mother.

Stephen4 August 27, 2013

I visited Mirabella for my wife. It was a very nice facility. It was a bigger place but it seemed to be a little bit crowded, otherwise they were okay. They only have two-bedroom apartments, so there wasn't a whole lot to choose from. The best thing about this place is the price. They are probably the least expensive amongst the facilities I visited. I also like that they have a lot of activities though they didn't have nearly as many exercise equipment than what other facilities have. They could improve on having better exercise and therapy area. Mirabella did an evaluation on my wife and they said that she requires too much care to be there.

Kellydot April 13, 2013

When I visited a family member with a close friend, the community seemed to be nice and staff is very friendly. Residents seem happy. However, I was disturbed that they only have two working elevators -one in the middle of the building and one on the right side- and this is a very big building. Another thing that disturbed me was when my friend was talking with the supervisor, this person did not appear professional at all. It makes me wonder why anyone would let a person without front teeth, be the face of a supposedly well off company. Not sure I would let my folks reside here.

commercesd June 07, 2012

We visited Mirabella Assisted Living assisted living facility and it seemed friendly and casual, yet the business of taking care of those who needed it was being attended to. It resembled a Spanish Hacienda and the grounds were beautifully landscaped.

The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards.

All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV and other activities.

Residents may enjoy a restaurant level dining experience with a nice variety of traditional and culinary creations and meal options. The beautiful atmosphere made the dining experience quite pleasant.

They have a number of options available, from studio apartments, which my brother's friend was interested in - to larger spaces. Of course, there is plenty of staff to take care of basic needs and cleaning, etc., so whatever size the space is, it should work out okay.

The grounds were spacious and well tended. The indoor areas were all clean and bright. There was plenty of sunlight so that they do not need to use lighting when it is sunny outside. This was true for many of the dwelling spaces, as well.

The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies - to day trips in and around the city. We really liked that they encourage exercise. They have planned exercise classes - but also offer residents to work out any time they wish.

We liked the layout of this facility and thought the staff attended very well to the needs of the residents, who all appeared quite happy.

songbirdsong1 September 10, 2011

Mirabella is definitely one of the nicest assisted living facilities in the area. It has been completely remodeled within the last 5 years and is absolutely gorgeous through and through. One of our friends' favorite activities at Mirabella was having her hair and nails done at the on-site salon. I was introduced to some of the housekeeping and transport staff on multiple occasions and for the most part they were very polite and seemed to know nearly all the residents by name, as well as basic personal information (favorite foods, family history, etc.). Meals were definitely more appealing than 95% of the facilities I have worked with, at least according to the residents. The family only had one minor complaint, and that was the location. On one hand, it was great that the facility was so close to shopping, grocery stores, drugstores and rec centers. However, it is also located near a large mall and multiple high-traffic shopping developments. This made it a bit frustrating for families and visitors in the early morning and rush hour. During the holiday season, it was particular problematic. However, if you are familiar with the area you can take the back roads which should save some hassle. Also, Mirabella does offer transportation and shuttle service for its residents, so that's definitely a valuable asset.

From Mirabella Assisted Living

Ideally located between I-20 and I-30, and in close proximity to medical facilities, shopping, entertainment, churches, and historical downtown Fort Worth, our gracious stucco exteriors and welcoming circle drive greet each and every resident and visitor with warmth and hospitality. THIS IS MIRABELLA. A dedicated and knowledgeable team of caring individuals desire only to enrich the lives of our residents. With daily entertainment, exercise, medication management, 24-hr associates, housekeeping, linen service, scheduled transportation, outings and delicious meals prepared fresh daily, our seniors gain their independence back. This is the life you and your family have been dreaming of. THIS IS MIRABELLA.

Features of Mirabella Assisted Living

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym, Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,000/month

• Staff patient ratio: 7 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Assisted Living and Memory Care
  • State License(s): AL- 142658

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid