Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks

2698 S. Hulen Street, Fort Worth, TX, 76109

Promotion ends in 19 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks

Yvonne9 September 14, 2013

I visited Emeritus at Tanglewood Oaks and I was not happy with it. The director was not available although she was in her office. One of the attendants showed me the facility. There were only 2 or 3 single rooms and all the rest were double occupancy. The dining room was very unappealing to me. It was very small and I did not see any pictures on the wall. It was just cold for me.

Stephen4 August 27, 2013

We visited Tanglewood Oaks for my wife. They were pretty nice. This was our second choice. It was a much smaller facility. Their staff was very nice. They only have efficiency apartments and they seem okay. They did have an exercise room and very good exercise equipments. However, they didn't seem to have as many activities as the other facility we looked at.

Eloise2 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Tanglewood Oaks was very nice, but it was not the setting that I was looking for. Their staff was very nice and very helpful. The lady let me know immediately that this was probably not for Larry.

Caring072501 July 29, 2013

Emeritus at Tanglewood Oaks is a small community that I visited for my mom. In the next six months, we'll be moving her there. I really like this facility. It is within our budget. It is clean, small and homey. It is an older facility but well-maintained. I also like the staff that I met during my visit. This facility is perfect for my mom.

MN Grif October 30, 2012

We first visited Emeritus about two weeks ago and what struck us first and ultimately stayed with us well after we left the facility was the ease with which the facility blended in with the community. There was in fact a 'seamlessness' that made it seem average or ordinary but not in a negative or mundane way. It didn't come off as a "facility" in the neighborhood. Instead it just seemed like a place where people, very special people, lived; like home but not "a home". It was a fairly easy (and welcomed) decision.We met the staff and several of the neighbors on a Saturday morning. We'd seen three other facilities and while now of them was "bad" none had really stood out; none had made my grandmother say "Wow!" But by the time we'd finished our roughly one hour visit, my grandmother had made friends and plans with some of the neighbors (now friends) for the following week. Wow indeed!

commercesd February 04, 2012

Tanglewood Oaks is a lovely, ranch and casual resort assisted living facility that we visited as a potential new home for our aunt. The landscaping is peaceful and serene "“ very relaxing.

The private spaces are very well decorated, specifically according to each resident's tastes. The colors are calming and resemble that of a tranquil resort getaway. Each space featured beautiful views of the surrounding wooded area with lots of natural light. The corner kitchen outlay made the spaces larger. All have microwaves and separate eating areas suitable for visitors. Bathrooms are designed for safety with rails and seated areas.

Outer grounds included a gazebo, garden and plenty of place to stretch out for exercise and parties outdoors. The lovely pathways look like great places to enjoy the serenity there is to offer there.

Queen Anne chairs adorn the wide windows where seniors may enjoy a book or quiet conversation. The dining room was one of the more spacious we've seen. The residents looked like they were enjoying the nicely presented, healthy meals. The menus feature a nice blend of home-style cooking with a few nice surprises you'd find in an upscale eatery.

The fitness center offers daily classes and equipment with instructions. Many residents enjoy supervised outings along the courtyart, near the gazebo and many walkways. The seniors also go into town regularly to visit local eateriesres, attend cultural events, visit the library, or shop in the local centers.

Community rooms were nice and pleasant, with plenty of space to engage in a number of social activities like games, reading, TV and crafts. The residents may also host private social events. All of the rooms were spacious enough to include ample seating and tables.

The residents here are well taken care of by the staff, with plenty of stimulating activities, while still in a very tranquil and peaceful environment.

Rachel 1055 August 02, 2011

While checking into assisted living centers for my elderly mother, I visited Emeritus at Tanglewood Oaks. I was very impressed with the helpful and friendly staff who made me feel right at home. They showed a genuine interest in my mother and her situation. They showed me around the facility which has 73 apartments, dining area, library, TV room and general activity center. Emeritus also has a separate wing devoted to seniors with memory loss issues. The facility is neat, clean and home-like making it a comfortable setting for seniors/retirees. It is located in southwest Fort Worth with many amenities nearby. Their rates are comparable to other similiar facilities. I would highly recommend Emeritus at Tanglewood Oaks for your loved one.

From Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks