Chapman Place

Overview of Ratings

3.6

September 03, 2016

By Kay105

Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne was alright. It was nice. The room was kind of tiny and small, and there could have been better features in the room. It was very clean, and it was a nice place. The staff was very accommodating and answered all my questions.

June 28, 2016

By Lee612218

Harbour sits on a very busy corner with high traffic, and that turned me off. The rooms had a living room, bedroom, and a small dine-at with a microwave and a little refrigerator. They had two meals a day and a bus that would take you to stores and different places if they made arrangements. They had crafts and exercise. The facility seemed very clean.

May 29, 2016

By Concerned FM020011

Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne looks nice, and the people seem very friendly. My father-in-law's room has a big bathroom with a closet and a refrigerator. From my understanding, the staff is very nice and helpful. The food is good.

March 31, 2016

By Beth122944550

I visited Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne for my mother. It appeared friendly, clean, well organized, and homey. The director was very friendly and sincere. She has followed up with me a couple of times. I know everyone wants their business, but she seemed more interested in us as people, making sure my mother was taken care of. She also sent me an activities calendar.

November 25, 2015

Harbour Assisted Living is top of the line. It’s just like a big bed and breakfast. Everything is taken care of for my cousin. There is only one floor that’s dedicated to memory care, and their staff is the only group that I have met. I find them to be very caring and concerned, and I think they are doing a good job.

October 27, 2015

By Alice49

My husband's family were very eager to find the situation for my sister-in-law, and they spent a lot of time with us. The people we talked to at Harbour Assisted Living seemed happy, and there seemed to be lots of activities. It had a secured top floor, and the rooms were small. The lady was very efficient and capable, and we talked to the manager we talked. What stood out to me were the personable staff, the manager, and the caring people.

August 05, 2015

By Caring110319550

I've visited some friends at Harbour Assisted Living. The rooms are OK, but I don’t think they are the greatest. I also think they need more knowledgeable staff and people to clean the place.

Thank you for taking the time to visit your friends at our community and for providing us with your feedback. Our family of caregivers has dedicated themselves to providing great care to the residents who call Harbour home, and they take great pride in the homelike atmosphere we provide. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. We would enjoy the opportunity to improve; please contact our Executive Director, Sherri Berghoff at (260)471-3110 so that she may have an even better understanding of your specific experience. Again, thank you for your valued input.

April 19, 2015

By Gene14

Harbour Assisted Living seemed to have too many activities. It was in a big city with a lot of traffic in the area. However, they did have a garden where you could go out and even plant your own seeds if you wanted to. It was just off the main Fort Wayne, and there was a lot of traffic all around. For me, that was the only drawback because I lived in a very quiet neighborhood. I didn't go inside and looked. I just pulled out in the front, walked up to the front area, and talked to a couple of guests who were there. They said they really liked it, and it was a good place. I thought it looked very much like the one in Auburn. There was receptionist there and people were ready to wait on you and take care of you. There was a large dining room down the hall. However, I didn't go in the individual rooms.

September 20, 2013

By pemb5

Toured Harbour today. I was impressed with the homelike atmosphere. I can see why they have a waiting list.

December 07, 2011

By crojohns

We placed my mother in this facility a few years back when it was still called Sunrise. We were very impressed with the facility, the staff, and the overall feel of the place. Our mother enjoyed the activities planned, the overall care she was given and the food. The happy hours helped out too I think. Since it has changed ownership though there seems to have been a change in philosophy from what it was before, and with that came a change in the morale of the staff and the residents. While it is still a top notch FACILITY, the people who made it up have come and gone, and that bothers my mom. We as family members also have seen a change with the interactions with the staff we have each visit. Although being nostalgic wont change anything, I hope that this review helps them to reevaluate the overall structure and goal of how the organization is run

Photos of Chapman Place

Features of Chapman Place

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7:1
  • Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 62

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Licenses: Residential Care License
  • State Licenses: 12-010235-1

About Chapman Place

Senior assisted living at Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Fort Wayne has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Map of Chapman Place