Brookdale Fort Smith

5501 Duncan Road, Fort Smith, AR, 72903

Reviews of Brookdale Fort Smith

Karen26 November 20, 2012

The people at Emeritus are nice. The facility is clean, very pretty and comfortable, and the apartments are lovely. But what good does all that do if the food is awful? That's the main complaint. I went to the director and I think there were a lot of patient's families calling because their parents are upset about the food. My dad is diabetic, so he wants the caregiver with him all the time so she could cook for him, because half the time he can't eat the food.

I had a little issue with them not taking out his trash and they weren't doing his laundry. But I got that all straightened out. He doesn't participate very much with the activities, although he plays bingo. Sometimes they take them out for breakfast and for lunch.

Nalini March 16, 2012

I work as a Caregiver part time. I had a client at this facility and spent 3 shifts there. The entry way nice, more like a home then a facility. There was nice furniture and clean carpeting. There was no smell as there often is with nursing homes. I did hear other residents that had doors open. It also took me some time to find an employee to give me directions to the client's room.

The client's room was medium sized, well lit, and furnished. I'm unsure if that was all her responsibility. There were 3 rooms, one made up the living/kitchen. There was room for a small table, television, and love seat. Fair size bedroom and bath that allowed for equipment needed to assist the client. There was a nice view from the window.

I met with a few of the staff. All were polite and dressed in scrubs. I did overhear some gossiping about a certain overweight patient. That was certainly not professional. However, I would like to think it was a one time issue, as there were no other recurrence during the time I was there.

From Brookdale Fort Smith

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Fort Smith

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55