Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Overview of Ratings

4.5

January 05, 2017

By Edie608465

I didn't like that most of the rooms were shared at Pacifica. They had cottages and did not have a doctor, but they had a nurse practitioner. You have to move as you progress in your illness. It was more expensive and wasn't as nice. They had different units, the place was clean, and the people were very nice and friendly. I just didn't like the setup.
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you sharing your experience. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

July 01, 2016

By Chip361344

Pacifica was excellent, classy, inviting, warm, and a lot nicer. They had activities and amenities with a lot of things for people to do and lots of nice areas to do them in. They had a nice area to walk around in and a courtyard. Overall, it's very nice.
Hi Chip, thank you so much for your positive comments about Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers!

June 17, 2016

By Rod010667

My mother-in-law has been in Pacifica Senior Living for three weeks. It seems to be good. She has fallen five times, and the staff is concerned about her fall frequency. The place is set up with five cottages that have 14 residents per cottage. She has a private room, but there are also double rooms. They group people according to their level of care.

Rod, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. Your feedback and opinion are very important to us. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents and their families. Here at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers we are all family!

June 10, 2016

By Sharon886831

Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers was very nice. The staff seemed very nice, friendly, and caring. The place was beautiful, and clean. It had a different kind of interesting. They had it broken up into 5 different homes there. That was an interesting concept which I think could probably be very nice. They had individual kitchens in each one of the houses at Pacifica. They have a large dining room, and they also had a large kitchen where most of the food was prepared. It seemed very calm, and nice. They had a lot of activities. This was the interesting part, and I thought it was a good idea. They individually design the programs for the patients for each of the houses, and they usually kept the people who were pretty much of the same level in the same level. They design the programs around the level of the people who were living there so you had 5 different opportunities to have different programs for each of the levels the people were at. I think it's a good concept.

Sharon, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers. Also, did you know we have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website).

May 29, 2016

By Sharon565380

Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers was very pleasant. The person who represents them was very informative and very experienced. She knew exactly what to show and tuned into what our needs are going to be, so it was a very positive experience. This is a memory care facility and are very engaged with keeping the residents busy and not sitting around. They have the ability to go outdoors at will because of the way it is set up, do music therapy with them, have children visiting, and encourage them to use the garden. It is very different from where my mom is now.

You really made our day today. Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Sharon. We strive to provide excellent high level, quality care to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers. We have a Facebook page & post weekly pictures of our lovely residents and their interesting activities that they are engaged in. We have found that it is a nice way to stay connected to your loved one. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns.

May 26, 2016

By Randolph480528

Pacifica was nice and satisfactory, and the staff seemed friendly and competent. It was a larger facility.

Thank you so much for your positive review!

December 10, 2015

By Sandra E.

I visited Pacifica Senior Living. I liked very much the fact that it had separate buildings depending on the level of care that your loved one needed. I think they had four buildings, and all ofthe buildings were exactly alike. If your loved one deteriorated and had to move to another level, they would not recognize that they were in a different building. I thought that was very important. The woman in charge, Margaret, was very friendly. The grounds were very nice with an outside garden area and a courtyard where your loved one could go out anytime they wanted. It was lovely. I liked that very much. They had daily activities. I would absolutely recommend it.

November 11, 2015

By Dorothy116100950

We visited Pacifica for my father-in-law. It was nice and clean, and the staff was nice as well.

Hi Dorothy, Thank you for your positive review!

November 05, 2015

By John107520850

Pacifica Senior Living had cottages, and it had like a maximum of 17 people in each one. When they put you into a cottage, you are with people who have approximately the same stage of Alzheimer’s as you. The rooms are nice. My wife is sharing a room with another woman. It is big enough. They play games, and they bring in entertainment.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Assisted Living at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Assisted Living Residents at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers are in that transitional stage between Assisted Living and Memory Care.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Social, Cultural and Fun Activities for all levels of enjoyment.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Close to Medical Park, Ronald McDonald House, Ruby Tuesdays and banks

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to/from Doctors Appointments, Transportation to activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Meals are served in a home-like setting in our dining area.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers offer to assisted living residents?

Pacifica Fort Myers is a secured community offering round the clock staffing.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly Family Night and Newsletters

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers during daytime and nighttime hours?

Pacifica Fort Myers is set up in Cottages, with the maximum number of residents in each cottage of 14. Based on 14 residents, there are 2 staff members on 1st/2nd shit and 1 staff member on 3rd Shift.

If Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pacifica Fort Myers Assisted Living residents can have dogs/cats as long as the resident can provide care for those animals.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receive ongoing training in assisted living, dementia, fire safety, infection control, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer cottages with a secured/gated fence for those residents that wander.

Memory Care at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Alzheimer's 1 and 2 and a yearly update ongoing along with IPC ED - Caregiver Training and Resources

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

28 total, 12 first shift, 11 2nd shift, and 6, 3rd shift

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We work with the Legacies and Transitions Care programs, which include The Daily 7 Keys: Physical Wellness, Reminiscent Activities, Social/Spiritual, Cognitive, Music, Life Enrichment Skill, and Outdoor Activities

RSD & ED assess cognitive level during the face to face. After 30 days and every 6 months or a decline is noticed, an assessment will be completed.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We remind residents of meal times, and give them assistance if needed. We also help those that are unable to feed themselves. We offer special meal plates for puree and finger food.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We call the family with any changes, and we have an open door policy. We are on call 24/7 making our self available to answer any questions or concerns, or to help in anyway.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers is a beautiful memory care community located in the Health Park District, close to beaches and beautiful downtown Ft Myers. We are members of the HealthPark association.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No, though HealthPark Hospital is located 1/4 mile from our community

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3995/month

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Situated in vibrant Fort Myers, FL, our Pacifica Senior Living community offers full-service assisted living and memory care options, providing a warm and inviting environment.

For residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers