Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake

7460 Lake Breeze Dr., Fort Myers, FL, 33907

Reviews of Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake

Robynn1 February 10, 2016

My mom was at Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake. It’s very sad because I really did like this facility a lot; even the memory care unit. With most places, the memory care units are not good, but I like this one. My mom went an entire month, and they didn’t give her any medicines. She is diabetics, and hypertensive. She has so many issues, but not one called me the entire month that she was in there. For an entire month, they did not give her any medications even though they were provided with the medical kit by myself. Whenever I wanted to see my mom, they avoided me. Her room was very nice. The rooms in the assisted living facility would have been nicer. They were like little apartments.

Gayle22 January 26, 2016

My mom is in the memory unit of Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake. I am very happy with her being there. The nursing care is wonderful. They are very attentive and accommodating to my mom. I am very comfortable with them. They have different activities going on. Over Christmas, they brought in singers and entertainment for the residents. My mom is in charge of their bingo, and they have exercises. I have eaten there, and the food is good.

Roberta P. December 22, 2015

All services I receive are very good.

Marcell V. December 19, 2015

I receive very good care/service.

HB November 29, 2015

I viewed the location of Brookdale Fort Myers-Cypress Lake more favorably than one I saw in Cape Coral. Everything was very pleasant. I saw the dining area where most of the residents were eating during my visit. With price compared to other places, this one was a bit more reasonable.

Anonymous113672950 October 19, 2015

I visited Brookdale. The staff was very accommodating. They showed me their activities and their apartments. The apartments were 500 to 900 square feet. I would recommend it because I liked what I had seen. Their dining area looked very good.

Caring110990650 August 01, 2015

Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake (Formerly Emeritus at The Lakes) was nice. The staff was very good. They have private rooms. We saw the main dining room, and it was very nice. The activities were on par with most of the other ones. They have scheduled events everyday. It's very serene.

Caring109092150 July 15, 2015

We went to Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake. The staff seemed to be quite friendly, but the facility itself we felt it was just a little too small. It seemed to be a very quiet place.

John107520850 June 20, 2015

I visited Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake. It was pretty nice, but they did not have the cottage type of thing. Everybody would be in a large building. From what I had seen, they were pretty good.

Pat107656850 June 06, 2015

I really can't say anything was wrong with any facilities that I visited. I thought they were all very nice, and the people were nice. They did a nice job of presenting things, and their recommendations were all good. I really don't have any complaints on any of the facilities, and I thought they were all very nice. Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake was very cute. It was fine, and everything was very nice. From just going there one day I thought it was fine. Everything looks good to me. It looked clean, and the rooms looked clean. The staffs were excellent too. I give them a five star as far as the visit, seeing the room, showing the facilities, and everything else of that nature.

Caring105749050 May 02, 2015

We were looking for a place for senior housing. I think we called ahead so we had an appointment at Brookdale, and their manager took us up and down the several floors, and we looked into the areas where people gather and that sort of thing, so we did see the whole place. I believe we went into an empty room, and it reminded me of a senior apartment that a friend of mine is in in Massachusetts. We saw an empty room, and it is not going to look homey if there was nothing in it. I would not call it spacious. We went through that one time and had a tour. The manager who took us through was very nice, she showed us the place, and we did look in the dining room. We saw the rooms where they do some of the activities. There was a computer area and a library that might have been separate from the computer area. There was like a hobby room and places like that. I think the area was a good area. I wouldn't be concerned about that area at all. I think it needed a little remodeling, like in the decorating and that kind of thing. It maybe needed a little sprucing up.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Caring103747850 March 26, 2015

I liked Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress a lot. I didn't find anything wrong with it. I asked questions, and I liked what I saw. I liked what I heard. The person that showed me around -- her name was Beth -- was delightful, very friendly, and well informed. She knew the residents' names. When we went around, she spoke to them. It seemed like a very friendly place. The rooms were in fairly good size, and they were nice. I liked the balcony, the kitchen, and the layout. They were nice.

Caring99752850 February 10, 2015

We’ve had lunch at the Emeritus at The Lakes. The staff was very kind. We saw that the place was nice, and my husband likes it. I haven’t had much to compare it with so I’m not sure which one I would consider, but it was very pleasant, and we had a nice trip.

Caring99475750 December 30, 2014

My mom was at Emeritus at the Lakes. The facility itself was very nice. The nurses' aides were very helpful and really worked hard and tried their best to take care of my mother. The nursing staff was overloaded. I ran into a problem that day my mother had to be transferred. She actually had gangrene that was starting on her leg and as we were waiting for them to come pick her up on an emergency transport to take her over to the facility after we had signed the contract, given them the money, had moved in, decorated the place, had it all ready for mom for over a week, and just before we were ready to move her, the nurse came that had evaluated and assessed her and she said that we can't move her because she needed to look at the wound and now she was not sure that my mother was qualified to move in there. My mom died a week later, but we wanted to give her a nice place to go and it was a nice place to go, and for that to have happened to my mom within 30 minutes of her being transferred, it just tore me apart. We did transfer her and they have apologized, and I understand. But you don't do that -- you don't tell somebody that after you've already taken their money, let them move in and do all the stuff. And that nurse had still not looked at her leg, but I understand that she had a lot of work there.

Coral1 November 11, 2014

My mother is in Emeritus and actually, they have been very good. My mother is in memory care right now, and I think it is a very good facility. It is just far from me, but other than that I will recommend it. She is in a small room. She goes in there on respite, and in order to do that, she has to share a room with another woman. I ask her and she is able to get a private room, but because my dad has just passed away, she kind of wants company there. I will say the rooms are small but adequate. Mom seems to be happy there. It is not as fancy as the one she stayed before, however, I do like the fact that in memory care, they come and take you, and everybody seems to be out and about. If they need memory care, it is an excellent program. My mom has the tendency to sleep during the day and hang-up all night, what they did is they actually lock her out of her room during the day so she will participate and now she's like the queen of bingo. So, she's doing very well there. I really don't want to move her. I really recommend Emeritus.

They do art therapy, bingo, and bingo has prices. My mother has a whole arm full of bracelet. They keep them active. They do movies. What I noticed is that I really like is all of the rooms go out to the main area, and in the main area they have the dining room. There is a big living room area where they watch movies and TV, and what I noticed right away is everyone is out of their room and everyone is socializing. What I really like is everyone is chatty, and mom is having a good time there. The way they have it set-up is that everything happens in the middle. It is almost like a square of rooms around the center. They can go outside to a garden area, and no one has to supervise them. It has a garden area, a dining area, and a huge screen TV area with couches. There is a lot of action to attract people. The rooms are small, but in a way it is good because there is no reason to hang in the room. The staff seems very nice there. I love the set up there, I just wish the rooms are a little bigger.

Doris33 September 29, 2014

Good. Staff great. Feel at home again. Love it here.

Cathy99559250 September 29, 2014

My mom has lived here for a year. It is a perfect place for her needs. She can live independently in her apartment. Her life is easier with no cleaning. Activities and transportation are provided. She never has to worry about taking the wrong medication.

Caring92016350 September 27, 2014

Emeritus is a beautiful place, and the food was very good. The room is a bit tight, and it was way beyond my means. It’s a nice place though.

Caring92401050 August 14, 2014

My uncle is in Emeritus at The Lakes. The room is spacious. The food is good. I have eaten there many times. My uncle is blind and he loves music. They do have happy hours and he enjoys the happy hour very much. The staff is generally very good.

Christine0517 July 30, 2014

Emeritus was an older facility. It wasn't as bright as the other facility we saw. One of the positives though is that they had many sitting areas, like little outdoor areas where the residents could relax and congregate. That was probably the nicest thing. The facility was clean. There were two different styles available for rooms. They had a kitchenette. They were pretty nice. The rooms that we saw overlooked one of the holes on the golf course, so that was very nice. I didn't pay as much attention to their activities, but they did have activities. They would take them out and they would have opportunities to go out for shopping. With regard to the woman who gave us a tour, I felt that she was just doing her job. I just didn't get the sincerity that I got from other places.

Jim84674350 May 30, 2014

Emeritus was very positive and welcoming. Everybody was very polite and nice. You could really tell that it was a very friendly and family-oriented environment. Everything was very clean, and from my mom's perspective, she was very comfortable with it. She was very surprised as to the accommodations. My mom was more interested at the therapy portion, the physical therapy that she needed for her day-to-day activities. There were girls who played cards, too. She was very pleased, and she was very happy with the people she met there. If my mom would be going anywhere, this would be the one she would be going into.

Ellie4 May 20, 2014

Emeritus at the Lakes was very good. The staff stood out. They were very courteous and very helpful. The rooms were very nice. The dining room and the hallway were also very nice.

Caring83132550 April 22, 2014

At Emeritus at the Lakes, the staff were very caring and very nice people. The director of the memory care unit was very nice and a very caring person. I really like her.

Terry6 March 31, 2014

Emeritus at the Lakes is a very nice facility. I sat down with one person there, and he was very informative. He showed me the facility, and in fact, he checked back with me. I liked the people because they were very friendly. Everybody seemed to be happy and active. It's an older place, but very well-kept up.

Caring79774650 March 27, 2014

Emeritus at the Lakes was a multi-building facility, and it was the most impressive that we had seen. The rooms themselves, which were small apartments, were very nice. There was a central dining room, and we had a meal there with some people. This was definitely a place we would consider as opposed to our home, when we would make that kind of decision.

Caring77434550 March 21, 2014

The rooms and the apartments at Emeritus are very nice and attractive. But we found the food to be very unimpressive and the communication very poor. They seem to have people who have greater needs. They would put mom at a table and let her eat meals with people who didn't speak. So there was little socialization for her. You had to be in assigned seat at assigned time.

I did not find the staff to be very friendly. The nurses messed up her medication, even though we have discussed it two or three times with them. So we were not happy with the staff. I didn't feel they've had as many activities. There was a calendar that was always around. But then last month, they got a new director. So I think they were going through a of transition.

Lynn22 December 01, 2013

At the time when I visited Emeritus at The Lakes they were full, but the facility was very nice. They have a beautiful lobby. They have nice recreation rooms. They keep the place clean. The staff are very nice and friendly. They always seem to have a lot of staff which is good. They have 24-hour nurses which is very important.

Donnajean2 October 25, 2013

Emeritus was a nice facility. When we visited there, the patients were in a group setting and we didn't see a lot of staff. However, the few staff that we met was very friendly. The rooms were nice, though it was not big.

Mary Ann5 September 20, 2013

I found Emeritus at The Lakes online. This search was for my mother before she passed away. When I went to visit it, I thought it was very nicely laid out. They were preparing for a meal at that time and the food appeared to be well prepared and nicely presented. The residents appeared pretty content with their meal.

There was nothing going on at that time but they do have calendar up that showed their daily activities. They have crafts and games posted. Most of them are comparable with the other facility where my mom was.

The staff we felt was adequate. The director who did the tour apparently was fairly new and was not well prepared because we were unable to go at the scheduled time when we came in. In a way that was good because there was no opportunity for them to plan anything. However, we do feel that Emeritus was a very adequate facility.

Linda73609750 August 23, 2013

Four story recently updated facility with weight room, billiard and poker room, swimming pool plus lots more. Several terraces and dining rooms. Sundry Shop, Chapel.and library. Scheduled activities daily for the residences. I found it to be a bit overwhelming in my mother's situation with multi floors and elavators. She is 94 years old and would just add to her confusion and dismay.

Nick2 July 25, 2013

The lady who showed me around Emeritus at the Lakes was nice. She gave me a very good tour of the facility which was very clean and neat. She followed up with phone calls and stayed in touch with me for a good month to six week. I found her very nice and helpful. The residents of the place looked very happy and cheerful.

caring5690 June 25, 2013

Everything about Emeritus at the Lake was good. The staff was very nice, I didn't see any problem with them. The place was beautiful and I liked the lay-out of the place. It was very clean. They had a lot of amenities and a lot of activities going on.

Virginia48065061 April 30, 2013

I was very impressed with Emeritus. I like the environment. If they had what we needed, I would have been interested with them. It has very clean and very pleasant surroundings. Everybody that I had contact with seemed very pleasant.

lesj May 10, 2012

My parents like their friends, the food & their apartment. I think the staff turnover is high and the level of care system vague. Level of care dictates care plan but documentation of care plan in my experience is lacking especially to support the financials.

commercesd April 11, 2012

The staff was happy to show us around The Lakes assisted living facility, despite the fact that we didn't have an appointment. My friend and I had been searching for a suitable new home for his mother. It was clear that they can handle different levels of ambulation and memory impairment.

The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds and nicely manicured grass. The interior was inviting and we could smell fresh flowers.

Community rooms were nice and pleasant, with plenty of space to engage in a number of social activities like games, reading, TV and crafts. The residents may also host private social events. All of the rooms were spacious enough to include ample seating and tables.

Seniors may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard.

The rooms we viewed were all very clean, well-kept and inviting - kind of resembling what you might find at a hotel, but more personal and larger.

The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage resident to make suggestions.

Their list of activities included everything from local shopping, salon and entertainment trips - to special events held at their facility and others.

The seniors here appeared to be active - but they can accommodate all levels of ambulation.

The residents here all appeared to be very well taken care of by very nice and able staff.

From Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9430

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Staff patient ratio: 20 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: ECC
  • State License(s): 9430

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake