Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers

9731 Commerce Center Court, Fort Myers, FL, 33908

Reviews of Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers

Ray16 October 07, 2014

As far as I am concerned Barrington Terrace looks like well-maintained; all the rooms were clean. The lobby area and the dining room were clean too, and there was no odor of any type. It sounds like I was going to a hotel. The staff was fine and did very well. They basically showed me around and told me what they were about. They gave me some pricing and procedures on getting a person into the facility. They were very helpful in all respects. There was a library and other activities, and there was an outside area if you want to enjoy the fresh air.

Caring94499850 September 08, 2014

Barrington Terrace was fine. It was clean. The grounds were OK. It had nice rooms. Everybody was pleasant. I didn't see any problems with the residents who were in wheelchairs. Pricing was reasonable. The staff was fine. They were very nice. This facility is one of our options because they do a transition into Medicaid. I have other people recommended it to me, that's why I went over there.

Caring90795650 August 13, 2014

I’ve only visited Betty for a couple of times at Barrington Terrace. She’s been there for about 3 months. I know they have tons of things going on. It’s a very nice place. It’s very high end, very organized and very clean.

John94811950 July 31, 2014

My aunt is at Barrington Terrace. The people are really friendly. They try to keep the people active. They go down and ask them to come and participate. They do some aerobic stuff. They have bingo and cards. They did wine tasting the other day. My aunt is trying to get acclimated into the facility. The cleanliness is very good. Maintenance-wise, they have a guy who is really good, but I don't know if they needed a second guy to help him. The place is very friendly, that's one of the reasons why we pick it. The people are outgoing, friendly, cheerful, positive and upbeat. Also my aunt says the food is pretty good. She likes it so far. I would recommend Barrington Terrace.

Donald22 July 31, 2014

My wife and I saw everything at Barrington Terrace; we're just not ready to make a decision yet. We found it interesting. We were informed about everything that they had there. We were impressed with the place because it kind of touched all the bases. Anybody who’s looking for that type of life and living; I think they have all the facilities to fulfill that. The workers were great and the lady there was very informative. She did a good job with the orientation and the paperwork. We ended up by getting the material and saying thank you and goodbye. We found the place to be very presentable. I think each section of the whole place took care of whatever your medical needs were for assisted living.

Joyce46 July 31, 2014

The receptionist at Barrington Terrace seemed like she was kind of overwhelmed when we first arrived. She told us that the lady was with someone, so we sat and waited and waited until I finally told her we had to go and I asked for another appointment. She said, "Let me see if she can just come out for a minute." When she went to the office, the lady called me in and said, "I'm sorry; I didn't even know you were here." The receptionist didn't bother to check if the lady was there; she thought she was in a meeting, so we wasted nearly an hour just sitting there. Anyway, the lady we talked to was very nice. She explained a lot of things to us and gave us information. It was very helpful when we did get in to see her. The one thing I was kind of impressed with was the workers who all seemed really upbeat. At times, when you go in these places, they're not very nice. There, they all seemed very nice. There were a lot of residents. They were either seated or in wheelchairs. She walked us by the dining room and explained that they have veterans there once a month. They invite them to come in and do a little speech; they also invite other people who have served in the military. She also said they take residents on a bus to go shopping twice a month. From what we saw, it seemed nice and bright. I think it seemed friendlier and more homey. I don't think my brother is at the point where he would need to live here, but we would consider it.

Caring88475950 July 31, 2014

Barrington Terrace was very nice. They were very welcoming and very kind. They took me on a tour, and explained the costs and different levels of care to me. It was a very well-kept facility. They did field trips and they had a salon. There were some rooms that overlooked a pond or other body of water. To me, that was a big deal because it's very calming. The neighborhood that the facility is in was very safe and was a very nice neighborhood. In some of the other facilities, the people were very nice but the neighborhood made me nervous. I would not want to put my parents in those particular neighborhoods. We went to a recreation area where you could sit and get a view of the water. It was not outside, but there were tables and things like that. I would recommend Barrington Terrace because it seemed like the girl who took me around on the tour knew the residents and could address all the residents by name. It was not a huge facility where you are a face without a name -- it's clear that they take a personal interest in their residents.

Rob3 June 26, 2014

I love Barrington Terrace. It just was a little bit too far for the other members of my family. Heather Cash, who was one of the sales directors there, was fabulous. She was fantastic, very caring, and she acted like she really cared. The people there were terrific.

Doris25 May 30, 2014

Barrington Terrace of Fort Myers is an extremely nice facility, and I would highly rate them. They have a lot of activities, and sometimes I went to bingo there. They have a bus that takes them shopping, movies, or to places. They have a swimming pool. It seems they have all ages there. It was a very, very nice facility. I would absolutely recommend this, if they could afford it, because they are very expensive.

Donna24 July 25, 2013

My mother-in-law is already in a place called Barrington Terrace. I like this best because, for one, we can afford it. Secondly, the facility looks nice. It doesn't smell like urine when we're in there. There is also a walking space out in the garden where my mother-in-law can go outside by herself. She has been there for about a month already and she seems to like this facility too. She shares a room but I don't think she cares about that too much. Other than that, she seems to be adjusting well. They have very nice people. They also have activities for their residents like bingos and movie nights. They also have entertainments and shows going on all the time. She also has an exercise program every morning. I would definitely recommend this community to others. If I have to move there, I would move there.

CaringLady246 June 19, 2013

We chose Barrington Terrace because the facility is very clean. Their staff are wonderful and very friendly. They have beautiful rooms there and foods are served at the right time.

commercesd May 03, 2012

While driving through the region, we decided to stop in and visit Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers, since we were looking for an assisted living facility for my friend's mother.

We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit. The area is convenient for my friend's mother, who has many friends in the area.

The main area seemed clean and well tended, with a fresh, updated decor that was still very homey. The staff was very nice and seemed to treat the residents kindly - and handled all levels of ambulation.

We thought my friend's mother would like the little park area outside, which was close to the main door.

They have a variety of the typical activities that assisted living facilities usually have - plus many other interesting and stimulating activities.

The food looked well-prepared and appetizing and was served in a nice casual restaurant setting. The book selection, which is important to my friend's mother - was quite nice.

The rooms we saw were all nicely decorated with fresh air and natural light. The exercise room was large and included plenty of nice equipment. They also offered fitness classes.

Overall, the facility looked like a nice place to live - with kind and caring staff. The residents all seemed to enjoy living there.

From Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers

There are times you feel like curling up in your favorite chair and paging through a good book or visiting with neighbors for a game of bridge. There are times when you feel like spending the day combing the beach for shells or eating at a five-star restaurant and seeing a show. This is the lifestyle at Barrington Terrace in Ft. Myers: Rich with the comforts of your own home with all the conveniences of Florida resort-style living.

From the dining to the activities to the spirit of hometown service, Barrington Terrace is designed for the best in living. In fact, "Assisted Living" is too limited a term for what Barrington Terrace is all about. It goes beyond a menu of capabilities: it is our whole community's philosophy, for neighbors and staff alike. Newcomers join a family that helps one another in every possible way.

Features of Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: ECC

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Barrington Terrace of Ft Myers