Atria Forest Hills

112-50 72nd Avenue, Forest Hills, NY, 11375

Reviews of Atria Forest Hills

Caring99822050 January 24, 2015

We were treated very well, and they gave us a really nice tour. Atria Forest Hills was in a very high end residential area, no place to walk to, even though there was a park right there, and it overlooked the highway. Depending upon the apartment that you had, you could watch the planes fly into LaGuardia, and you could see some of the New York skyline, but other than that it was just an apartment building in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

Mary101557050 November 11, 2014

My friend chose Atria Forest Hills because when she visited the facility she had a good feeling of the place. The facility seemed very attractive and well designed. It also felt very comfortable. She is in a studio apartment, and it has a beautiful view outside. It overlooks a park. My friend seems happy. It seems the staff were attentive and pleasant.

Janet86913650 June 19, 2014

My dad is in Atria. The staff seems to be very amenable. They seem to be caring people, and they seem to get along well with each other. When I was eating lunch there, the chef came out, introduced himself, and gave me some jam. I like they way the rooms are furnished, and I like their taste in furniture. The showroom is actually the room where my dad is living now, and he has a good bed. The place is clean. It is nicely built and decorated. The layout is good, and I thought, "Wow! I wouldn't mind living here!"

However, my dad is critical about the food because he said, "They could put more spices on the food." He likes more spice and not so bland.

Kevin3 April 30, 2013

We had an excellent visit. They had planned a very complete tour for me. The staff was extremely helpful. They answered all my questions and showed me different options. I was extremely impressed with the facility and the residents seem happy and well occupied. They had activities going on and it was a very pleasant location. My daughter and I liked it so much that we went there and made a deposit, unfortunately my mom passed away two weeks after that. I wouldn't mind going there myself someday when the time comes. It's a very, very nice place.

031 October 25, 2012

This center is located in a naturally occurring retirement community so there are many resources for the elderly. The care here is great and provides my grandfather with many activities to do. It is closeby, so I do have the chance to frequently visit.

AntWalker September 10, 2011

My grandmother lived at Atria for 11 years of her life, although she wasn't as happy as she was before she had assisted living it was easy to tell that the people at Atria are friendly, well trained and truly care about making Atria a new home for these Senior Citizens. Everything in Atria is kept very clean and sanitary form the lunchrooms to the bedrooms you can tell that Atria has a fantastic cleaning service. Also, the food is far from what you would expect form a nursing home as the variety of food choices makes it impossible to get bored of it as my grandmother told me. Even though my grandmother passed away a few years ago which brings me great sadness, i take comfort in that she was able to enjoy that last few years of her life in what is my opinion the best nursing home in New York State. (R.I.P M. Walker)

TroikKimbe June 23, 2011

Atria Forest Hills is an upscale retirement home located in Forest Hills, NY. I recently visited an elderly friend of mine at the facility after he was admitted to Atria last Fall and I was extremely pleased with almost everything Atria provided for my friend.

Upon entering Atria, I was greeted warmly by the staff at the front entrance and proceeded through a rather lavishly decorated lobby to my friends room. It was immediately evident that Atria was an upscale retirement home; it didn't even feel like i was in an assisted living facility. All of the hallways, the rooms, the dining area, even recreational areas were pleasantly decorated and didn't have the hospital-type feeling that is notorious with these types of places.

My friend even raved about the treatment he was receiving at Atria; he made a point to complement the nurses and staff for being so nice and attentive with him. He also seemed to love the planned activities that the retirement home had planned for its residents, such as card games, live performances, movies and even occasionally trips outside the facility.

Atria Forest Hills made a great impression on me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable, upscale retirement facility.

BoaMat June 22, 2011

The assisted living facility names Atria in forest hills is a very clean and welcoming enviorment. The nurses are kind and very efficient at their job. I would visit my friend every so often and he would always be content with the service he received. Even though many people have mixed reviews about this place. I am fully content with the care. I would though recommend an increase in staff, there is a need of more nurses since the population is growing. This is expected when a place is really good. If it was not it would be a silent boring place to leave your family.

From Atria Forest Hills

Atria Forest Hills offers a relaxing retirement experience enhanced by exceptional care and service from our professional staff. Tour our art gallery, listen to a concert performed by Julliard students, socialize with neighbors, or enjoy a trip to the beach. We are conveniently located near shopping, restaurants, theaters, and places of worship.

Atria Forest Hills provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Outdoor dining on our luxurious patio
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Fitness center and on-site physical therapy provider
  • Computers
  • Garage parking
  • Hair salon and barber shop
  • Theater with movie screen and surround sound

Features of Atria Forest Hills