Brookdale Forest Grove

3110 19th Avenue, Forest Grove, OR, 97116

Reviews of Brookdale Forest Grove

September 30, 2013

By Nancy67041850

We moved mom to Wynwood of Forest Grove last July. I was really pleased with the staff when we are moving her in as they were very helpful and all went well. She likes the facility and they keep the place very clean. She likes the people and she is comfortable there. She's in a one-bedroom apartment with a little kitchenette. She is having the food delivered to her room and she likes it. After a couple of weeks, my brother told me that they were sending her bills and statements for things that she had not received and under the description of the statement it didn't explained what she was being billed for. She has a neurological condition because she has degenerative brain disease and so she started just issuing automatic payments through her online banking to the facility. Within four weeks' time she had issued $12,000 and so I was not happy. I meet with them and they said that there had been a miscommunication and when we asked for a description of the services that she was being billed for. One of them was like chronic pain management and it said that part of that would be massage therapy and my mom said she wasn't receiving any massage therapy or any therapy. To make the long story short, they did end up removing all the charges that were on her account that shouldn't have been there and all the late fees. Hopefully from this point forward there accounting department will do a cleaner job at what they are doing.

September 28, 2013

By Helen24

I went to Wynwood of Forest Grove to visit a friend. It was a nice place, very casual and very friendly. They take care of the residents. They had a bus that took them shopping. They kept the residents occupied. They did well as far as the food.

September 25, 2013

By Gary20

We visited Wynwood of Forest Grove and we liked it. We liked the fact that the rooms seem clean with plenty of space and it didn't feel cramped. They have everything that you need.

November 20, 2012

By John Blueman

I was very hesitant of a big company like this at first. To me it always felt like this was senior robbery. You look at how much people pay a month to live there and are left wondering why they didn't pay for there own caregiver at home. Then you see the light when at three in the morning grandma needs something and there are two sometimes three people coming in to check on her. We then got to go and see the dining room where they ate there meals. It was nice, almost nicer than the places I went out for dinner. The cooks were very friendly and knowledgable. The thing that impressed me was they knew what residents were on what kind of restrictive diets and accommodated all of them. Last but not least the housekeepers. If there ever is a group of people that deserves more money its them. They have to clean a lot of things and deal with things other people dont have to. I remember one time I spilled something in the room and was going to clean it up and they stopped me and cleaned it for me. All in all I believe we put my grandma in a good setting and she will be happy for years and years.

June 05, 2012

By Micki1

Other

My mom used this facility before. But I would rate the center around in the middle. My mom is a very shy person and I don't feel that they'd made the effort to help her get to know other people and get used to the activities. I think they don't have enough time and staff to individualized that much. I remember she requested once to be transferred to a different table because the people she was with just kept on talking about their age and grievances and my mom doesn't like that. But the people there did not transfer her so she quit joining the group meal. They could have been nice. But overall, the facility and staff were fairly good.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Forest Grove

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brookdale Forest Grove

Brookdale Forest Grove provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Forest Grove