Brookdale Forest City

493 Piney Ridge Road, Forest City, NC, 28043

Reviews of Brookdale Forest City

georgiaboy July 28, 2012

As soon as I saw this facility I could tell it was very well-maintained. Upon entering the Carolina House my first-impressions were confirmed because the place was very clean. My great-grandmother was in the Alzheimer's area of this facility and it was immaculate. The rooms and hallways looked perfect whenever I got a chance to visit. In addition to the appearance, the smell of the facility was very clean as opposed to either a musty scent of an old room or the sterility of a hospital. I had very little interaction with the staff but from what I could discern they seemed to be very friendly and well-equipped to aid the patients in the assisted living facility. My great-grandmother was able to watch her television to catch her baseball games. I heard from my grandfather that my great-grandmother did not suffer in her final days and passed away in her sleep. While my family wasn't able to care for her, the Carolina House did a heck of a job making sure that she was comfortable in those final years. I will never be able to repay them for that.

zach2465 November 16, 2011

I get a chance to visit this facility multiple times a month. I am the Assistant Chief of our local ambulance service and this facility is in our call district. Out of all the facilities in our district this is my favorite one, for more than one reason. The first is the staff, they are so pleasant and helpful when we come in to take a patient to the hospital. The staff knows what is going on and are prepared for our arrival with the patients chief complain , recent vitals and all of the patients medical history, and medical records. It seems like they are always in a great mood even if it is busy, you can really tell that they love their patients and what they do. I have never dealt with a nurse that has had a bad attitude and trust me this happens at some facilities. The second is the absolute cleanliness of the facility. It smells great all throughout the facility and that is very important, the hallways are spotless and the rooms are just as clean, it is very noticeable how clean it is. This facility is also know for their Alzheimer Disease care. They have a separate part of the facility for these patients and it seems like it is set up great for these type of patients, They also offer great programs and information for the families of that type of patient, IE, if a speaker on alzheimers is coming into town they direct families to that info. I live with my grandparents and they both suffer from alzheimers and at the time I care for them at home, but when it comes to the time when I cant care for them like they need, this is the facility that they will go to, hands down. We have already looked in to several facilities and this is my top pick. I am overall very satisfied with this facility and only have wonderful things to say about this place. Like i said earlier, i work with these facilities closely, and we have about 10 to 12 nursing homes in our district, out of all the places this is the one that impresses myself and they rest of my crew members and coworkers and even the rest of my family the most. I love this place, i think they are doing lots of wonderful things here for the people in our community that need around the clock care.

From Brookdale Forest City

Brookdale Forest City provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Forest City