Brookdale Folsom

780 Harrington Way, Folsom, CA, 95630

Reviews of Brookdale Folsom

May 11, 2016

By Happy Resident21

They were very nice at Brookdale. They showed me around and I got to see a couple apartments. My reaction to them was that the apartments were too small. The one I looked at; you walked in a little entry where you put a little table and chairs. Then on a wall ahead of you were two big overstuffed chairs, and a table in-between them. The wall in front of the chairs looked like it had been cut out, and the foot of the bed actually protruded into what you call the living room. It was just a very congested thing. They showed me ample storage space, and the person to whom this apartment belonged was probably the neatest person in the whole world because those linens she had stacked up in the closet were folded so neatly. I liked the location. It’s a community area that’s attractive, and it’s quiet; not highway noise or stuff like that. The place was nice, it was clean, but its space was just too limited.

February 22, 2016

By Robin120988950

We visited Brookdale Folsom. It seemed like a very nice, organzied place and close by. The staff seemed very nice. The rooms seemed small. They did a lot of nice little field trips. I would certainly recommend them to others.

September 30, 2015

By Scott29

We went to Brookdale Folsom for a visit. This place seems like a really nice place. They even offered a few more things, and it’s a newer buildings, so it's really nice. It was just expense wise, my parents can't afford it.

August 16, 2015

By Laurie37

I went to Brookdale Folsom, and it would have been my second choice. It was very nice. From what I saw, the residents seemed happy and active. It was clean. They had a very nice garden area, which I liked.

July 29, 2015

Brookdale Folsom (Formerly Emeritus at Folsom) was good. They're pretty much the same as the other place I visited, except this one also takes care of people that have disability to a certain extent. It's less expensive, the staff was very good, and the rooms were good. I looked at two different suites, and they were well maintained. They had once a week maid service coming in with no extra cost. They had an open space where you could take small dogs for walks right at the facility in the back of it.

April 25, 2015

By Adrienne B.

The rooms were larger at at Brookdale Folsom, but it was way more expensive. The dining room was like a hotel dining room. The person who assisted me during my visit was great.

November 18, 2014

By Patrica thomas

Went to visit my Aunt, she was so depressed they are not taking good care of her. The food is bad! Worse place.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

November 11, 2014

By Miriam9

Mom was in Emeritus at Folsom. The food was substandard, and the executive director was very non-responsive to the families needs and the patients needs. The nursing staff was very poor. There wasn’t any attempt to really work with the families in terms of activities to help out. It really wasn’t any interest that seemed to be taken on the patient’s behalf to try to make the patients happy. They had movie nights, they got some and some music, piano, and exercise, and they have some outings. It was clean, but other than I didn’t like it. I think they should get a new director, and I think that they have a complete staff. Their main goal should not be to make money; it should be a little bit more toward their residents, and I think they have a completely switched around.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families!

September 17, 2014

By CC12

My loved one is in residence under the care of hospice. One on-call nurse was wonderful and caring, a true professional, the other nurse was completely void of all compassion, rude and left us uneasy, not wanting to leave. We intend on finding out which hospice agency they use and avoid any facility that uses it in the future and tell our friends. The med tech staff, although they attempted to do what they could and were as professional as possible, needs to be trained better. The facility looks nice.

August 05, 2014

Emeritus at Folsom is okay. The people are nice. The food is good. It is in a very good location. My mother has a very nice room; I am happy with it. My mother said the staff is not trained very well. The place looks very nice. It seems clean and attractive. They are working on remodeling it right now. I think the staff needs to be better trained.

June 26, 2014

By Ana1

We really liked Emeritus at Folsom. Everybody was really nice. They had many entertainment options for the people who live there. The rooms are very nice and very practical. The arrangement is very client-oriented. The only thing is that it's too much for us and we can't afford it.

May 20, 2014

By Mike46

Emeritus Folsom worked really hard to get us in on short notice, which was very helpful. They're fine. They're not lavish, but they're adequate. My father-in-law and step-mother-in-law seem to enjoy the food very much. They rave about it. They have all sorts of programs, and I like its convenience.

April 30, 2014

We choose Emeritus at Folsom because my father has Alzheimer's, and it has a very good memory section. We are happy with the room, the food, and especially the staff. They are very good in helping us acclimate him to the place, and he seems to be doing well there.

May 24, 2012

By sparklesparkle2

Overall, I am happy with the experience that my grandmother has received at this facility. The staff is all very helpful and kind, and they have never made her feel as though she is a burden or a stressor to them. They keep the facility very clean which is nice for the seniors living there. They have a menu for meals with many different choices, which is nice for seniors who have specific foods they like or dislike, as well as food allergies or things they can't eat due to their dietary plan. The rooms are like mini apartments, and they are very comfortable. It feels as though it is truly your home. The management staff has also been wonderful in making sure my grandmother is happy.

Photos of Brookdale Folsom

Features of Brookdale Folsom

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Theater, Fireside Lounge, Courtyard Setting

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Sing A Long, Music Scenic Drives, Meditation

About Brookdale Folsom

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Built around the largest and oldest Oak Tree in Folsom and conviently located right off of Bidwell, 5 miles north of Hwy 50. 10 Minutes from Rancho Cordova, Gold River, El Dorado Hills. Orangevale and Citrus Heights and around the corner from Dignity Health and doctor's offices which is convenient for residents and their families.

Map of Brookdale Folsom