Sunrise of Flossmoor

19715 Governors Highway, Flossmoor, IL, 60422

Reviews of Sunrise of Flossmoor

November 28, 2016

By Alda467516

Sunrise of Flossmoor was lovely. It had a lovely home spirit. The environment was lovely. They have bingo. The dining room was small.

November 05, 2016

By Wanda745366

Sunrise of Flossmoor was really beautiful, but they just didn’t have an opening. What I liked about it was they had -- at least -- 4 aides. They did not use CNA’s, but they used aides and call them case managers. They help the patients with their showers and dressing if they need it. They have a kitchen area where they dine, and they can participate if that is what they like to such as help cook, but they cook the meals for them. They have rooms that are set up as private rooms or what they consider studios, and one-bedrooms, and then they also have companion rooms where 2 residents will share the same room, and the room was divided by a bathroom that sits in the middle. Then they had a sink area if they wanted to, which was more like a little kitchenette area. They had a refrigerator but didn’t have a stove. I do know that they were having activities when I was there. They were reading a book to them about something, and that was the only activity that I saw for the day, but they do more activities than just that. They have some set up like a typewriter, or it might have been a secretary, and if they wanted to try to type, they can just put their things on the typewriter. They have baby dolls like if somebody might go back into the mode of when they first had their baby. They also had craft things where they can pull them up the drawer and make things.

August 22, 2016

By Tameka883037

I liked Sunrise of Flossmoor. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The grounds were well-kept and nice. The location was nice. The dining area was cozy. It looked like it would be a good community for people who didn't need skilled nursing.

January 14, 2016

By Veronica10

Sunrise is absolutely beautiful and fabulous. The staff is excellent. The food was delicious, especially in the memory care unit. They have a lot of activities.

August 31, 2015

By Caring104019850

I did visit Sunrise of Flossmor, and the visit was alright. The second time I didn't like it quite as much as the first time. The staff was OK, but we kind of got off on the wrong foot. I had set a firm appointment to bring my parents in, and then the sales person called me the night before and told me that she is not going to be there. I asked her if somebody else could give us a tour, and she didn’t want to do that. The next morning, somebody called me back, so we were able to tour. The person we toured with didn’t know much about the center, and that left a really bad taste in my mouth. The rooms are small. The dining room appeared to be OK. The place also had a slightly bad smell; it had a smell of urine which I didn’t pick up the first time I was there.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

March 02, 2015

By Caring102631950

We visited Sunrise of Flossmoor. The young lady that gave me the tour did a wonderful job. She took her time, and she was very informative. Her supervisor wasn't there, but she did welcome me to come back and talk to her. She had been there for a number of years. She had showed me around the facility, and I thought it was well kept and well maintained. I was a looking for a place for my dad. I think the accommodations were very nice. I thought the one bedroom was small though. I didn't get too much information about the activities. I would recommend them. I would say one of their best features is the personal interaction of the staff.

February 09, 2015

By ep617

We took a tour, on a Saturday afternoon. The facility is very homey and clean, the staff seemed very friendly and the residents appeared very content and well looked after. I was impressed by the fact that the residents have free will, yet still have someone to watch out for them and provide professional services as needed. What thought was really cool was that they are allowed a pet (quiet and well mannered I would imagine) there were also a couple cages with parakeets that gave it a very cheerful and warm atmosphere. There is limited availability for rooms, and the two were peeked into appeared a bit cramped. It's a bit on the high side, price wise, but then you get what you pay for. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and an option we have considered for our loved one.

January 26, 2015

By Vicky9

I visited Sunrise of Flossmoor. I was very impressed with this place. The staff was very friendly. The one who toured me was very thorough and answered all my questions. It was a thorough tour, and it was very open. It didn't have a nursing home feel, and that's what I like about it. The residents were free to move about if they wanted to. I saw the rooms; they all looked very comfortable. They have single rooms and rooms where you share with someone, and all of them were nice and clean. It was a low-level building. It was a small community. There were only around 60 residents there. Their dining room was OK, but it was better than most of what I've seen before. Their menu items were very good. I was very impressed with this place. It is not too far away from my home. It is in a nice area, and they have beautiful landscaping, so when the weather gets nice, they can be outside.

November 26, 2014

By Deborah46

The exterior of Sunrise at Flossmoor was gorgeous. It looked like a huge Victorian home, the grounds were lovely, it was wooded and shaded, and it had a large, outdoor porch for people to sit out in the summer and during nice weather. It was really beautiful. The interior was very, very nice. They had some nooks and alcoves for people to visit. They did have like a theater, a movie place, and different rooms for activities. If you wanted to take a walk-in spa bath, they have that. They had nurses and CNAs on the premises, and what I liked about this was they had the same caregivers for a certain number of people all the time, so that they will get familiar with the people and their needs. Then, they had a lovely dining area. What I didn't like was the layout of the rooms. They were very odd; they had a shared room capability, so there were two rooms and you share a bathroom and a kitchen area, and I didn't think this was amenable to most people. These rooms were very, very small with virtually no storage. I also did not like the director of marketing; I did not feel comfortable with her attitude. The pricing was a la carte; there was a base room price, and then you have to pay for everything you add.

July 31, 2014

The people enjoy being at Sunrise of Flossmoor. We're pleasantly surprised with the level of professionalism and the cultures that were represented within the staff. They're excellent. A Caucasian woman was there and she has a very good understanding of what the needs were and things that were important. The grounds and the parking were excellent as well. There were lots of activities. There are plenty of games in the library or cafeteria area. I believe they also allow pets which is a plus for my mom. The room was very clean and well lit. They have variety of configurations such as rooms that have a washer and a dryer or a kitchenette. Spouses could share a room but they also had separate bedrooms for medical or other reasons.

July 25, 2014

My mom and dad are both in assisted living at Sunrise. The staff is very nice. They do their best to make it a home-like setting. I think it is a very comfortable place. It's a very nice place for an Alzheimer's patient. There is a nice patio, and garden that they can go to whenever they want. It's very clean, and I think the residents get good care there. I think the security is very good.

June 29, 2012

By GWDUB

I thought the staff here showed a great deal of attention and care to the residents. I noticed that man, if not all the residents had a very favorable opinion of the staff at the facility. Many of the residents looked at the staff as friends and looked upon them fondly. Facility was kept very clean and organized. Activities were available to keep all the residents active, which i thought was crucial for elderly. The residences are beautiful and look are real comfortable. The staff was also very friendly towards visitors and did their best to answer any questions that you may have had. The staff, while helpful and caring towards the residence, did a great job with respecting their independence and dignity. The grounds of the facility were felt very safe and there was staff nearby to assist anyone if an emergency developed. This facility is particularly great for those with Alzheimer's and dementia. There is a specialized program here that includes a designated neighborhood within the community as well as engaging daily activities to foster emotional and physical well-being.

Photos of Sunrise of Flossmoor

Features of Sunrise of Flossmoor

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Pets: Small Pets

About Sunrise of Flossmoor

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Flossmoor