Sunrise of Flossmoor

19715 Governors Highway, Flossmoor, IL, 60422

Reviews of Sunrise of Flossmoor

Caring102631950 March 02, 2015

We visited Sunrise of Flossmoor. The young lady that gave me the tour did a wonderful job. She took her time, and she was very informative. Her supervisor wasn't there, but she did welcome me to come back and talk to her. She had been there for a number of years. She had showed me around the facility, and I thought it was well kept and well maintained. I was a looking for a place for my dad. I think the accommodations were very nice. I thought the one bedroom was small though. I didn't get too much information about the activities. I would recommend them. I would say one of their best features is the personal interaction of the staff.

ep617 February 09, 2015

We took a tour, on a Saturday afternoon. The facility is very homey and clean, the staff seemed very friendly and the residents appeared very content and well looked after. I was impressed by the fact that the residents have free will, yet still have someone to watch out for them and provide professional services as needed. What thought was really cool was that they are allowed a pet (quiet and well mannered I would imagine) there were also a couple cages with parakeets that gave it a very cheerful and warm atmosphere. There is limited availability for rooms, and the two were peeked into appeared a bit cramped. It's a bit on the high side, price wise, but then you get what you pay for. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and an option we have considered for our loved one.

Vicky9 January 26, 2015

I visited Sunrise of Flossmoor. I was very impressed with this place. The staff was very friendly. The one who toured me was very thorough and answered all my questions. It was a thorough tour, and it was very open. It didn't have a nursing home feel, and that's what I like about it. The residents were free to move about if they wanted to. I saw the rooms; they all looked very comfortable. They have single rooms and rooms where you share with someone, and all of them were nice and clean. It was a low-level building. It was a small community. There were only around 60 residents there. Their dining room was OK, but it was better than most of what I've seen before. Their menu items were very good. I was very impressed with this place. It is not too far away from my home. It is in a nice area, and they have beautiful landscaping, so when the weather gets nice, they can be outside.

Deborah46 November 26, 2014

The exterior of Sunrise at Flossmoor was gorgeous. It looked like a huge Victorian home, the grounds were lovely, it was wooded and shaded, and it had a large, outdoor porch for people to sit out in the summer and during nice weather. It was really beautiful. The interior was very, very nice. They had some nooks and alcoves for people to visit. They did have like a theater, a movie place, and different rooms for activities. If you wanted to take a walk-in spa bath, they have that. They had nurses and CNAs on the premises, and what I liked about this was they had the same caregivers for a certain number of people all the time, so that they will get familiar with the people and their needs. Then, they had a lovely dining area. What I didn't like was the layout of the rooms. They were very odd; they had a shared room capability, so there were two rooms and you share a bathroom and a kitchen area, and I didn't think this was amenable to most people. These rooms were very, very small with virtually no storage. I also did not like the director of marketing; I did not feel comfortable with her attitude. The pricing was a la carte; there was a base room price, and then you have to pay for everything you add.

Caring90121150 July 31, 2014

The people enjoy being at Sunrise of Flossmoor. We're pleasantly surprised with the level of professionalism and the cultures that were represented within the staff. They're excellent. A Caucasian woman was there and she has a very good understanding of what the needs were and things that were important. The grounds and the parking were excellent as well. There were lots of activities. There are plenty of games in the library or cafeteria area. I believe they also allow pets which is a plus for my mom. The room was very clean and well lit. They have variety of configurations such as rooms that have a washer and a dryer or a kitchenette. Spouses could share a room but they also had separate bedrooms for medical or other reasons.

Caring89544850 July 25, 2014

My mom and dad are both in assisted living at Sunrise. The staff is very nice. They do their best to make it a home-like setting. I think it is a very comfortable place. It's a very nice place for an Alzheimer's patient. There is a nice patio, and garden that they can go to whenever they want. It's very clean, and I think the residents get good care there. I think the security is very good.

GWDUB June 29, 2012

I thought the staff here showed a great deal of attention and care to the residents. I noticed that man, if not all the residents had a very favorable opinion of the staff at the facility. Many of the residents looked at the staff as friends and looked upon them fondly. Facility was kept very clean and organized. Activities were available to keep all the residents active, which i thought was crucial for elderly. The residences are beautiful and look are real comfortable. The staff was also very friendly towards visitors and did their best to answer any questions that you may have had. The staff, while helpful and caring towards the residence, did a great job with respecting their independence and dignity. The grounds of the facility were felt very safe and there was staff nearby to assist anyone if an emergency developed. This facility is particularly great for those with Alzheimer's and dementia. There is a specialized program here that includes a designated neighborhood within the community as well as engaging daily activities to foster emotional and physical well-being.

From Sunrise of Flossmoor

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Flossmoor

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours