Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

21 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ, 07932

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

BettyJ1414 June 30, 2014

Just moved my month in on May 1st. She needs so much care I wasn't sure assisted living would be enough for her and thought we would have to place her in a nursing home. Brighton Gardens told us they would be able to handle her care. Doctors even come into the community. She is well taken care of and we love the nurses. My family is so happy she didn't have to go to a nursing home. We just attended their barbeque last week and get a great time. I even was able to bring my grand daughter who danced to the music all night!

Caring74835850 January 31, 2014

Mom is a current resident of Brighton Gardens. She has been there since September. We chose this mostly because it was cheaper than a lot of the others in the area. However, they have a brighter atmosphere and they have more activities. Everything is good. If you don't need much care, it's very good. If you need care, which my mother does now, it's fair, but I'm glad I'm there to oversee things. The room that she's in is just a one-bedroom unit. She has a little kitchen area with walk-in closet. However, I think I'm going to try to move her into a shared room as soon as one is available because it's expensive. Their dining room is okay. I just wish it isn't so right in the middle of the facility. It's wide open to the living room area. I wish it was a little more separate, but it works well for the patients and the staff. However, the food they serve is good. Regarding activities, they have movies, brain games, puzzles, etc. They have an exercise group every morning for chair exercises. They have entertainment that comes in periodically. They also have a hairdresser that comes in.

Caring64162950 October 31, 2013

Brighton Gardens was the one that I liked the best. It's located close to where we all live. I thought it was the cleanest, it was brighter and cheerier and the outside grounds were pretty. The person that was in charge gave me all the information we needed with a tour of the place. It was just very professional. Some of the residents were in lunch and some were walking around. There was actually a dog that was there. I liked the people and I liked what I saw when I went in.

Lola4 August 13, 2013

Nice facility. Employees are very friendly and helpful. Food is decent. Mom doesn't participate enough in activities. Don't know what the encouragement level is by staff to do so. Mom says they're going to be taking trips to places like Atlantic City, plays. Not sure if this is so. Seems that "trips" are to local shopping.

This facility is perfect for those needing more assistance. Mom requires limited assistance. This is the reason for the 3 star rating.

Was put off by attitude of one of the medical staff on a couple of occasions.

Thank you.

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can learn more. – The Sunrise Team

Lori13 June 26, 2013

I liked Brighton Gardens of Florham Park. We also visited this for my mom. It was a clean facility and it did not smell. They may be a slightly older facility, so they are very established in the community. There was entertainment in the lobby and refreshment all over the place for the residents and their guests. They also had a community dog who was probably as old as the residents. The management was very nice. I also liked the residents, they were out and about. Actually they asked residents to let you look at their rooms and I liked what I saw. I did get a chance to speak up-close and personal with some of the residents and they all seem very happy with their experience there. It was also the least expensive among the facilities we checked out.

kim12 September 23, 2012

My grandfather lives here. This place truly renewed his life. After my grandmother passed he lived alone in their home for 3 years. He was depressed and lonely. After moving to Brighton Gardens his whole outlook on life has changed. He has numerous friends and loves going outon the van trips. Most of the time when I call he's not in his room, but out in the living room. Make me feel like I made the right choice. It's nice to see him happy and enjoying life.

komos July 25, 2012

In my experience, Brighton Gardens is a wonderful facility. Anytime I go visit my grandmother she is very happy to be there. She is in the Alzheimer unit so many of the patients are difficult to deal with but the staff is always pleasant and very patient with everyone. The facility is always clean and the furniture, appliances, etc. are new looking and functional. They always seem to have activities going on that many residents participate in and because my grandmother has only slight dementia, they will often take her from the Alzheimers unit and bring her to the activities out in the common area. The building itself is so pleasant looking and looks like an actual house with wonderful landscaping. I like how there is always someone at the front desk to monitor the residents comings and goings and the dog they have up front is extremely friendly. I know my grandmother loves him! The one thing I would improve upon would be the odor in the Alzheimers unit. Sometimes the wing smells a little like urine which I understand can be hard to fix because many of the residents in there are incontinent. I only mention is because it is the one thing I can think of that I am not 100% satisfied with. I am very happy having my grandmother there. So many people seem to have horror stories about assisted living establishments but I think the staff and facilities at the Florham Park Brighton Gardens are great.

caring5241 May 25, 2012

I think that it is a very lovely facility. It's very clean and neat. The place is well-organized. It's very bright, airy and funny. I like that it's got a cheerful atmosphere. The people there seemed very nice. The staff there are very friendly and courteous. They're very attentive and really seemed to care about the patients.

Hippirombie March 14, 2012

Brighton Gardens is a beautiful assisted-living facility.... on the outside. My grandmother lived there for two years before moving in with my family, and she was barely happy, kind of just.... existing. I must admit I did not visit her often, but with good reason. The whole place smells faintly of urine, the actual bathrooms are disgusting, and the staff, quite frankly, is just plain rude and inattentive. My grandmother spent most of her days lying in bed (and developed a bedsore as a result) and did not receive much attention except for that from her family. She was not given many opportunities to get out and be social or active, and although she was severely allergic to dust, the staff routinely neglected to thoroughly dust her room. She also complained about the food a lot. Needless to say, she was much happier spending the rest of her days with my family instead of rotting away in that place. I do NOT recommend this assisted-living facility to anyone that cares about their family member's happiness.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that to hear that your experience at our community was not the best and we’d like to learn more. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Astra March 08, 2012

Beautiful place, but the residents' rooms reek of urine and the staff spend more time with each other than with the residents. I observed staff members laughing at an old woman who was crying for her husband

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your concerns regarding your visit to our community. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

From Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Come visit our community nestled in the suburbs of Florham Park with tree-lined walking paths surrounding us. Enter our building and you'll find a bustle of activity.

Please join us for a complimentary lunch and personalized tour of our community.

Services & Amenities at Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Brighton Gardens of Florham Park