American House North Senior Living - Flint

3375 N. Linden, Flint, MI, 48504

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of American House North Senior Living - Flint

October 17, 2014

My mother-in-law is feeling more at home in American House at this point in time. She looks out at her window with the deer outside as her view. They treat her well, she goes to church, and she of course likes the meals. They have different programs, they go places, they get together all the time, groups come in, and they have classes. It has new carpet, t was freshly painted all way through, and it was a really nice place.

Sometimes it takes residents a bit to get adjusted (as it does for many of us when we move into a new home!). I’m glad your mother-in-law is feeling more at home now, and enjoying the activities and events we have to offer. If she (or you) ever need anything, please drop by my office anytime.

Sincerely, Lisa Alexander, Executive Director 810-733-8900

September 20, 2013

By George40

My wife is now in American House. I like this community because they have really nice large apartments. This community isn't any more expensive than most of them I've looked at. In fact, it is less expensive than some of them. They have very nice and helpful staff. I did try eating there and the food is good enough and there's a lot of healthy options. They don't fry anything. I would want to have more tasty foods though. Nevertheless, this facility is worth recommending to others.

Thanks for your recommendation, George! We pride ourselves on a great community for a great value. We do try to create a diverse and delicious menu for our residents…if you have any food suggestions, let me know and I'll pass your ideas along to our chef. If you or your wife ever need anything, my door is always open.

Sincerely, Lisa Alexander Executive Director 810-733-8900

June 25, 2013

By caring81381

My wife and I have been in the American House for nine months now and we're doing pretty well here. It's probably the best facility among those that we've looked at. The staff is very helpful in most cases. Some are a lot more caring than others, but we're very satisfied here. We've got everything of the world in our apartment.

I’m so happy that you and your wife are enjoying living in our community! Thanks for leaving your wonderful feedback for others. If you ever feel like our staff aren't top notch, please don’t hesitate to stop by and see me - my door is always open.

November 20, 2012

By JohnnotJohnny

I will try to keep this review brief although I have so many good things to say about American House North. First of all, the building is amazing!!! Sometimes I find myself wishing I could live there!!! Second, they have tons of great activities for my mom to participate in. Third, the staff are great!!! My mom absolutely loves this place. She tells me about all the new people and friends she has made. American House North Senior Assisted Living has been great for me too. It is close to where I live so I can easily visit my mom. It has also given me a sense of peace. Flint, Michigan is a dangerous place. I was always worried about my mom and would go over to check on her almost everyday. This meant I missed a lot of work. Now, I don't worry about my mom as much. She is in a loving, safe community with great staff, activities, and friends. Thank you American House North Senior Living!!!!!

We love hearing that your mom is making many new friends and enjoying living here, JohnnotJohnny! We're always trying to think of new activities we can do here, so everyone has a chance to participate in something they like. We're glad we can help give you some peace of mind as well "“ we love having her here as much as she loves living here! Whenever you're visiting your mom, feel free to drop in and say hello. Thanks for leaving your feedback!

November 07, 2012

American House had everything that we wanted. The staff is friendly, they gave us a tour, and they answered all our questions. It's very clean and everybody's doing what they're supposed to do. It's a very nice facility if you got the money.

Wow, we love to hear that we've got everything you want! That's our goal "” providing great staff & great amenities for your loved ones. Thanks for letting us know!

October 24, 2012

By Maclarent

The first time i visited this facility, which i now visit every month or two, i was shocked and amazed at how wonderful this place was! In movies, as well as the news and such, I usually hear about these places as being bad, and how elders do not want to live in these places. Though, if i was older, i would not mind living at a place like this, especially American House North Senior Living. The people there treat everyone great and everyone at this place has a smile on! The food provided at this facility is also healthy and good, my grandmother loves it! Also, the facility contains other things to do, such as a library for reading and learning! If a friend were to ask about a facility like this, I would not hesitate at all in recommending this one! With the care they provide, you can't go wrong!

Thank you so much, Maclarent, for dispelling the unfortunate stigma about some senior living communities. We're glad you see things differently. We treat our residents like family - so it means a lot that you would recommend us so highly! If you ever need anything, stop in. My door is always open!

Amy Wallace, Executive Director, (810) 733-8900

September 11, 2012

By ickkat86

When I visited my grandmother at the American House North I was in awe of how beautiful it was, on the outside and inside. It was great to walk down the halls and see how everyone decorates the entrances to their apartments, making it feel cozy and home-like rather than having every hallway looking exactly identical. The building itself and my grandmother's apartment made me feel like I was back in college living in the dorms, the residents here are a bit older but just as lively. They hold many community events so that the residents can get to know each other and socialize. There are also many fun things to do like play the piano, bingo, or sit down and read in the library. I've heard stories about people trying to escape other facilities but I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave this place! I only hope that I can stay at a place like this when I need an assisted living center.

Thanks for your review of American House North, ickkat86. It means a lot that you would choose our community to live in yourself. We love that our residents remind you of college kids because of how much fun we have here! Our staff and residents work together to create all the opportunities and events that make our community so great. We hope your grandmother is enjoying herself. If you need anything "” my door is always open. Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely, Amy Wallace, Executive Director, 810-733-8900

July 06, 2012

By paullifer

I would say that the staff do an excellent job taking care of my parents. The facilities are very nice. They have a nice dining hall that my parents can eat their meals in three times a day. There is a place where my mom can get her hair and nails done as well. My folks do not have to leave for these services. The apartment that my parents have is very nice and roomy and there are people who always come in to take care of my mom at night when she is in bed. My dad can also leave the facility to go to a doctors appointment and my mom will still have the adequate care that she needs. She can even have her own home health aids come in to take care of her during the day in addition to the ones at the facility. I have peace of mind about my parents being there and I know that they have the care they need and do not need to worry who will take care of them. I highly recommend this facility for anyone who is considering assisted living for their loved ones.

Dear paullifer,

Time and time again we hear about how much our residents love being able to have all kinds of amenities right at their fingertips without having to leave! We are glad your parents have everything they need, and that you feel confident that they are well taken care of. Thank you for your review and for recommending American House North to others!

Amy Wallace

Executive Director

Photos of American House North Senior Living - Flint

Services & Amenities of American House North Senior Living - Flint

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

About American House North Senior Living - Flint

Serving Genesee County community with delightful elegance at an American House value, American House North is ideally situated near family friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in greater Flint, Mt. Morris, Flushing, Grand Blanc, Clio, and Owosso. American House in Flint is also located close to hospitals including Genesys Regional Medical Center, McLaren Regional Medical Center, and Hurley Medical Center. North Senior Living in Flint provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at North Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens, private baths, and patios. Property amenities include a dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, fitness center, library, billiard room, and much more.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

Reimbursement

Additional Assistance Available

• On-site wellness center
  • Personal Care Assistance
  • 24-hour emergency response
  • and other available support services

Map of American House North Senior Living - Flint