Avalon Assisted Living & Memory Care Community

2879 Fish Hatchery Road, Fitchburg, WI, 53713

Reviews of Avalon Assisted Living & Memory Care Community

Caring106120850 July 29, 2015

I took a tour at Avalon Assisted Living. I feel the place is OK, but my general feeling was a little bit less. The staff was good. Overall, it seemed like a nice and friendly place.

Richard108949950 July 15, 2015

We liked Avalon Assisted Living Community. It seemed comfortable and welcoming. The apartment seemed to be very large and comforting. They had large bathrooms.

momskeeper March 09, 2014

Mom has alzheimers and is in need of constant care. The staff is attentive and geunuine in their concern for keeping her as involved and active as she can be. The facility is clean and well kept and everybody there treats me as family. I would highly recommend Avalon.

david55 February 19, 2014

We found a great fit for our father at Avalon. The staff is attentive and genuine in his care. I like the recent work done to the facility and have been told there is more updates to come. The place is clean and well kept with a fresh smell to it. We did a lot of homework before deciding to place dad there and I feel it was the best choice. I would recommend Avalon

Davej February 18, 2014

The staff is involved and caring and treat my grandfather with dignity and respect. The facility has undergone recent renovations and has a good feel to it. I am very happy with Avalon and would highly recommend it.

Charles26 October 17, 2013

The thing that impressed me most about the Avalon Assisted Living Community was the diversity of the staff and the residents. It is a good fit for my mother in terms of the facility itself and they have the resources that we need.

Caring683 June 21, 2012

My love one has been at Avalon for a couple of years. We chose this facility because we liked it. The community it self is beautiful. They treat him very well. All the staff is very caring. Their care focuses on the safety and well-being of the residents, 24-hours a day. A good place to recommend.

lois i September 10, 2011

The management staff at this facility was constantly in a state of flux. This caused low staff moral which was then transferred into sub standard care in some circumstances. The living situation was a homelike atmosphere where my mom felt comfortable and cared for.I think I was the person who felt the most uncomfortable with the care she was getting although I am not sure that I would not have felt that way wherever she was. The space was adequate and the facility was clean although the residents were not all that well taken care of in terms of cleanliness and suitability of housemates. Mom was in a situation with people that needed a high level of attention and thus was neglected at times.Twice she was thrown from her wheelchair by resident who tried to move her with the brakes still on - one of those falls resulted in a hospitalization.There were not many activities available for her and although she was limited physically her mental status was pretty intact and did not receive much stimulus other than sitting in front of a television. Mom loved to talk to people and I think it would have taken very little effort for someone to talk with her and to her.The overall idea of a communal living situation was a good one but it was not well administered. Staff were underpaid and under trained but did the best they could with the little support they were given by management.

From Avalon Assisted Living & Memory Care Community

Looking for retirement or senior services? Are you a senior looking for a chance to give back to your community? We invite you to join us for a meal, activity, event, or respite stay to experience the joy and security a supportive living environment can really bring.

Whether you are a Boomer seeking the best for your mom, a senior interested in securing your own future care, or someone who enjoys the companionship and wisdom of elders"”you have started in the right place. Our mission guides us in creating a senior services environment where elders are in charge of their lives. We support each individual's choices and desires to be healthy, continue to grow, and experience elderhood to its fullest.

At Avalon, we believe in the power of staff, families, and elders working together to create a real sense of community: where they enjoy living and working every day. We invite you to visit Avalon Assisted Living Community to experience the joy and security we can help provide.

Features of Avalon Assisted Living & Memory Care Community

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,495/month

• Financial guidance extra: Pet friendly, 24-hour call system, full-time RN on staff, raised garden beds, manicured grounds, ample parking & storage, smoke-free enviornment, close to bus lines, spacious common areas, art classes, beauty & barber shop, fitness center, natural environment that includes an apple orchard, bird watching opportunities, 24-hour caregiver in each building, pet therapy visits,

Location of Avalon Assisted Living & Memory Care Community