The Hearth at Windermere

9745 Olympia Drive, Fishers, IN, 46037

Reviews of The Hearth at Windermere

July 31, 2016

By Chuck675476

The Hearth at Windermere is definitely toward the top. It is a very nice place, and I like the staff a lot. They were undergoing a renovation, but what I saw inside was furnished very nicely. They were a little pricey, and we’re not willing to bend on their prices.

July 11, 2016

By AD082733

The Hearth is very nice, and if my mom was going to go someplace, I would suggest this to her. The lady that I dealt with was sociable. The place was homey, and the apartments were very nice, not quite large, but large enough. The one I looked at had a very large bedroom and bathroom and a large living area with a small kitchenette area. The dining area was very nice. They had a doctor and nurse on-staff all the time. They don't have a pool, but they had a chapel, library, and a beauty salon.

June 28, 2016

By Gail377425

I am at The Hearth at Windermere. The staff is wonderful, especially the activities people. The rooms and apartments are small. I came from a home of 3,500 square feet, and now I am living in 450 square feet. The food is delicious. The dining area is bright and cheerful. The grounds and facility location are excellent. We have a fish pond outside our dining room door and birdfeeders which are very relaxing. They're in the process of redecorating with new paint and new carpet. I was a little upset a few months ago because they changed therapy companies, and I was very upset about that, but I have adjusted now. We have a hair salon, a manicurist, people who help us with our shower, three meals a day, and meals in your room. They do charge $2 if they have to bring a meal up, and I'm not thrilled about that. We're allowed to have pets, which is a big thing. The only negative comment I have is the communication between departments can be very, very poor. The memory care patients are separate.

October 25, 2015

By Brian29

The Hearth is in walking distance from where we live. The room is pretty big with a bathroom and kitchenette. The tour guide was helpful. They have a very good menu, and the dining area was pretty full, so they have waiters and waitresses who helped with the food.

January 28, 2015

By Living too far away

My 89-year-old mother was quite resistant to the idea of leaving her home of 60 years. When the doctor suggested that to continue to drive might be unsafe, my mom's perceptions shifted. She needed to be independent. It was her choice to move into The Hearth at Windermere, and she hasn't looked back. Now she calls me at least three times a week to tell me how caring the staff is, about another new friend she has met, or how busy she is doing activities she enjoys. All I wanted for my mom was to be safe and stimulated, living among others. The Hearth at Windermere is that and so much more..

October 16, 2014

By beb1

We already placed my step mother at The Hearth. We liked the price better than any of the others. We thought the marketer did a great job; everything smelled and looked clean. The grounds were very nice; she likes the courtyard very much. There’s a drugstore and a place to get your mail. They have weekly shopping trips. They have daily Bingo, exercises, and religious services, and there’s also an outing where she could go out for lunch. The staff for the most part seem to be very interested with the residents and friendly even to the family. They began recognizing us. They have a pretty good eye on that front desk, and they’ve been great.

May 31, 2013

By caring0522313

My mom was in the memory care facility in The Hearth at Windermere for four years. The staff to resident ratio there was pretty low. I felt like there were many times there could have been more attention to the residents. She had from time to time some unexplained bruising skin tears. When I inquired about these, they usually never really know how it happened. Some facilities would tell me that she is not appropriate for memory care, she should be in long-term care, and the Hearth failed to tell me that. My mother needs help with everything. Hearth couldn't help her with their staffing issues. Overall, I think it was a pretty good experience.

Photos of The Hearth at Windermere

Features of The Hearth at Windermere

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3830/month

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About The Hearth at Windermere

Our vision is to provide the finest residence with the highest quality of care, hospitality and service.

The Hearth at Windermere is a family. Our residents are the utmost concern, making sure they are safe, secure and happy, is our priority.

We believe that in order to have a family setting, each of our residents needs to feel comfortable.

As a resident at The Hearth at Windermere, you will have a worry free environment, as all your day to day concerns will be taken care of. Our many services will allow for you to remain in the privacy of your own apartment for encouraged independence and freedom.

Map of The Hearth at Windermere