Brookdale Findlay

725 Fox Run Road, Findlay, OH, 45840

Reviews of Brookdale Findlay

April 12, 2014

My mother stayed in Sterling House. The rooms were nice. Some of the nurses were pretty nice, but some of the aides didn't take care of my mom very well. She ended up in the hospital with pneumonia, and the nurses there found that they hadn't kept my mom clean. They weren't also great at keeping the room clean, especially the bed. I had to do some cleaning myself. They were understaffed; that's probably why. The management was pretty bad. I would say in full disclosure that I was disputing the amount of the bill, since I had to provide a lot of care myself. When I had to travel to California to move my mom's stuff, I had hired a home health aide to come in and feed her extra meals. I wrote a letter saying I wanted to negotiate an equitable result, but it was just "Nope, you have to pay the whole thing."

February 28, 2014

Currently mom is at Sterling House of Findlay and I am not happy with the services she is receiving there. They are understaffed and they had the tendency to just send one staff for my mom instead of two to move her and that gives me some burden. The staff doesn’t seem to know what their policies are. My mom is severely underweight and I had to go there every day to cook for her. The chef said that they don’t have time to drop everything and give mom an extra meal. This is in response to my request of instead giving her a snack they should give her a bowl of soup or something nutritious. We also had issues with her laundry. I will be talking to their legal department or their financial department to cut off some of the money that they are charging us because I am doing so much work for her. Some of their nurses are really nice and they go out of their way to make sure my mom is comfortable. This is a good place for people who don't need higher level of care.

September 25, 2013

By KIm32

Sterling House is a nice facility. I really like Sterling House based on the fact that it's geared to those who have dementia and Alzheimer's really bad. Mother is in the early stages of dementia, if needs arise she can move here at Sterling House. This facility is an option in the future in case mother would need it. Their activity director was awesome and she was very, very good. I actually observed her dealing with a patient who has a dementia really bad or Alzheimer's and she was really dealing with that so well. She gets the people so involved. For the people who were scared to get out and interact, she was able to encourage them to come and join the fun. You can tell that she can really deal with the people well.

Features of Brookdale Findlay

About Brookdale Findlay

Brookdale Findlay provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Findlay