Brookdale Foundation House

32290 1st Avenue South, Federal Way, WA, 98003

Reviews of Brookdale Foundation House

Denise27 October 16, 2014

I didn’t feel the staff at Foundation House was as friendly as the other facility I went to. We were with two nurses as we toured, and they were dealing with a client. He seemed like he just wanted to get back to his room, but they told him he had to wait for someone to come to assist him. That isn’t what I want to hear, because there were two of them, I don’t know why one of them couldn’t have assisted him. I didn’t tell that they were being very pleasant generally but when you have clients or potential residents come in there to visit, the staff should be very open and friendly to those people. The rooms were pretty decent, and it was a nice facility, but the staff turned me off.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and to share your feedback. Please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Caring86628750 June 17, 2014

We have committed to a place called Foundation House. It is independent living with options for assisted. We have a cottage there, so we are independent. What I like best this place is the independence, the availability of all of the activities, food and everything, and the ability to move into assisted living when we need it. They have bridge, bingo, exercise, crafts, excursions, transportation, and classes. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Caring82260850 April 22, 2014

I had heard of Foundation House before, and so I went there for a visit. The facility is high quality and very nice. The foods are very good, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I didn’t see any activities, but we were told that they do have some. The cost is pretty high for this facility for us to be able to get a place there.

Caring79214750 February 28, 2014

I like the open concept of Foundation House. I like this facility a lot, but it was way too expensive for us. The people are very friendly. I talked to the residents and they like this facility. Their dining room was very nice.

Caring71651950 October 18, 2013

I visited Foundation House. It was not what I was told it would be. I was supposed to meet some residents there and was supposed to be served lunch, but none of that happened. I was shuffled into a room, left with the woman whom I talked to. We went to see a couple of places. I was quoted prices that were outlandish. I would not recommend that place to anybody.

Maude1 September 19, 2013

My mother did stay in Foundation House for a couple of days. They're all wonderful there. The staff, the activities and their residents, they're all great. It is a fine facility.

ThomA November 16, 2012

Foundation House is fine. We thought it was a little like a hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, is always around, gives us lunch and answers all our questions. The foods were okay, but not outstanding.

Tim G. November 17, 2011

While I did not enjoy the prospect of having a family member living in a nursing home, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of devotion the staff had. In many places, it seems like the staff is moderately apathetic-this facility however had workers who seemed to genuinely enjoy their work. The staff was happy to answer any questions I had.While the facility was not the most advanced, and did not have the amenities of some more expensive nursing homes, it did have excellent staff and better than average available activities for residents. The facility was clean and orderly, while still seeming somewhat at ease. While my family member did not seem very enthusiastic about the prospect of living there, after a month they greatly enjoyed it. Having friendly staff on hand seemed to make them feel more like they were with family, not people being paid to help out. I would choose this facility for myself if I ever found myself in a position where I needed to go into assisted living.

From Brookdale Foundation House

Brookdale Foundation House provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Foundation House