Symphony Manor of Feasterville

Overview of Ratings

3.0

October 29, 2014

By paulie67

Let's start with the facts: The Arbors of Buck Run IS Symphony Manor of Feasterville. Same place, new name. The owner is still Compass Point. I have a family member in this community, and if it weren't for the fact that he/she has made friends and won't move, I would do my best to convince them. My biggest complaint is: CARE. It is non-existant. Call bells will NEVER be answered. The phone will NEVER be answered. Call after 5 pm during the week, or anytime on the weekend, will never be answered. Unacceptable! I pay 4k plus, yet nobody can answer a phone?? I attended a recent family meeting, where once again, the new CEO, explained that she has called the phone company. I want results..I'm tired of the same rhetoric. This meeting had two people from corporate, yet I walked away with the same questions about the phone...and two days later, I was in the building, and the phone was ringing, and I asked an aide if she would pick it up, and she said " We short staffed tonight". Again, unacceptable!I also asked her why there were boxes in the hall when you walked in to the community, and she claimed that "They have to pay the last bill before they pickup more from us". I want to know why bills aren't being paid for basic services, like trash pickup. Or why phones aren't being answered. Or why call bells arent answered? Extremely disapointed.

October 20, 2014

By Johnivet

My mom loves it here! Great and friendly staff, fantastic food and amazing activities I would recommend symphony manor to anyone

September 01, 2014

By Disappointedone

Cannot recommend memory care unit. Staff is not trained properly to handle true dementia. Anger, combativeness and aggression are handled by sending the person to a Mental health facility for "managing." managing means psych meds. After the third time, the psychiatrist and social worker at the Mental health unit told us to get my loved one out of there. There is no magic pill that will cure dementia but these people don't seem to know it. Also, residents are complaining about the food and cleanliness of resident's rooms. Under new management -- AGAIN. All this happened recently April through August 2014. Stay away!!

August 24, 2014

By Helen46

Arbors is very nicely run, very clean, very elegant, very friendly and very caring. It was very close to us for visiting, so it was an ideal situation. They have Bingo as well as family night where they invite members of the family. The staff was so helpful. They went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They had a beautiful lunch there when we visited.

July 19, 2014

Right now my parents are at The Arbors at Buck Run. They have been there for a couple of months now. They need to hire some nurses over there because they are understaffed. The nurse that they have, I don't even think she is an RN because she doesn't really know what she is doing. So far, I am really not happy with it. They tell you one thing when you go for the interview and go into walk around, and that is completely different when you move in. Other people need to be aware of that. I don't feel that they are getting round-the-clock nurse care for $6000 a month. The care is just the main thing. I have been to the administration several times over a couple of incidents that have occurred, and all they do is tell me that my parents are difficult. My dad pulled the string one night so the nurse would come because my mom fell, and no one ever came in. I have had so many problems over the past few months with them. Every time I see something wrong they just argue with me instead of just checking it.

August 28, 2013

By Donna27

My visit with The Arbors at Buck Run was terrific. It was for my mother-in-law. It is not too far from me, so it would be so much easier if my mother-in-law was there. It is a brand new facility. The place looks beautiful. Its living environment is outstanding. Everybody there seems very happy.

May 19, 2012

By sleepnsurf

The actual grounds of this location are amazing. The well kept living facilities are quite impressive, but if you look a little deeper it is not that great of a place. In walking around we noticed there was not much social activity going on. When we inquired about this we were told there are not many planned social events for residents. To me this is a big negative as I expect a social opportunity for my father as part of his experience. It is a shame that such a nice location has poor social activities.

February 05, 2012

By sunshineday

Over all I was pleased with the staff along with the condition of the facility at The Arbors At Buck Run. My mother in law was there in the Alzheimer's unit while my father in law was in the hospital and unable to care for her. The facility is clean and the staff seem friendly. Although I believe it is difficult dealing with people with Alzheimer's the one complaint that I have about the facility is a few of the nursing staff seem to be a bit short with the Alzheimer patients. There were days when my mother in law may or may not have been fed properly, the jury is still out on that one and it is still rather questionable if the records are accurate. We have discussed at length our concerns with my mother in laws social worker to resolve the issue and try to ensure this does not happen to anyone else. All in all the grounds are nice, most of the staff is pleasant to deal with and friendly, and it seems that most care about the people that reside there.

Photos of Symphony Manor of Feasterville

Features of Symphony Manor of Feasterville

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4000/month

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: AL-Special Care

About Symphony Manor of Feasterville

At Symphony Manor of Feasterville, our community focus is on your independence so you can enjoy better quality of life - your own way. Our Assisted Living amenities include medication management, choice of varying size apartment homes, full meal service and snacks, activities, weekly housekeeping and laundry, assistance with personal care and many other services.

Our all-inclusive memory care program is a holistic approach designed to meet residents in the moment they are experiencing and engage them kindly and compassionately to guide them through that day.

We are located in a beautiful suburban setting on a landscaped wooden lot that further enhances the experience of living at Symphony Manor at Feasterville.

Large accessible glassed in outdoor patio in our memory care building, no extra charge for medication management, beautifully decorated home-like settings in both memory care and assisted living, in-house physician and rehabilitation services available.

Map of Symphony Manor of Feasterville