Sunrise at North Farmington Hills

29681 Middlebelt Road, Farmington Hills, MI, 48334

Reviews of Sunrise at North Farmington Hills

Gary44 February 10, 2015

I think that everything about Sunrise at North Farmington Hills was really good. We ended up putting my mom in another facility, but Sunrise was very nice, and they had a lot of facilities. It was both a dementia and an Alzheimer's facility, and it was also for assisted living. From the appearance of the rooms to the facility, it looked clean, and it was obviously well-cared for. They were very open in terms of what they were doing, and as we walked around we were able to talk to some of the nurses and to some of the people, so I would say in that respect, it was certainly something that we would consider. Based on the activities, it looked like they provided quite a bit of stimulation to the folks who were there.

Mary99767450 January 09, 2015

I did not feel warmly welcomed at the Sunrise at North Farmington Hills as I did at the previous facility that I visited. When we got there, they were getting ready to have their Christmas party, so the one who was in charge told us that she could not take us, but she would at least get us something. They did not consider how long it took for us to get there. The nurse could have still taken some time to look and evaluate my mother because we came from a great distance, and I was sick that day. My sister and her nurse ate there, and they also said they did not feel that warm welcome either because she had to pay for her meal. The facility was nice and clean because they were having a party like I said, but they were not friendly. The communication was not there.

Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) Com.

Linda79660350 November 29, 2014

Sunrise at North Farmington Hills was very nice and very accommodating, but it was very expensive, and then the help was another additional, so it was way more expensive. The dining area was too crowded, and they have a roaming dog which I don't like that in a senior complex. My parents have a balance issue; they have fallen and their own physical therapist said no pets allowed because my brother would bring over a dog and we had to stop that. So for me to move them into a facility that has pets running around, I find that really not acceptable in my opinion. The staff was very nice. It is a good place for a lot of people, but not for us.

Caring76633050 February 28, 2014

Sunrise of North Farmington Hills was one of the nicest facilities we've looked into, but the rooms were kind of small. The staff are great and the food is good too. I think they have enough activities for the residents. I just think the size of the room for the price is a bit expensive.

Kendra1 July 25, 2013

Sunrise is an amazing place. They were really good. The place was just very, very, nice and inviting. The staff were so friendly and inviting. I spoke with the nurse and director and they walked us around. The place was really clean. The place looks like a resort. The dining area was very nice. I didn't taste the food, but I heard that the food was very good.

Nancy64328650 July 11, 2013

Sunrise at North Farmington Hills was a small facility and it was very clean. It was bright because they had glass walls. They had bird feeders and flowers outside, as well as enclosed porch so even if it was raining they could still sit. They also had pets like cats and dogs. They had a popcorn machine, fresh fruits and drinks available 24/7. The staff were excellent and wonderful. They knew you when you came in and they would tell me what my mom did all day. They brought the food in and they dished it up right there. The residents could have whatever they wanted and if it was not on the menu, they got if from the kitchen immediately. They kept an eye on the residents and they also took them out of the reminiscent area into the assisted living area. The residents could interact and intermingle with the other residents who were in a better condition.

briguy May 27, 2012

When I first walked in for my visit, I was not impressed by the smell. The staff apologized for it when they noticed my face, and explained that something happened in the kitchen, and was being taken care of. I was shown around by a nice worker, who showed me the ins and outs of the place, including the common areas, which were very calm and serene, but made to feel like a home. There was music from the 1930's playing, which was nice, from a jukebox. Everything looked very clean, and during my time, I saw 3 ladies cleaning the common areas as well as rooms. The ooms reminded me of hotel rooms: very simple but very to the point. A lot of the residents at this facility were mentally impaired, and the security for those residents was great. I know that there was a high ratio of staff to residents. Overall I was impressed with the facility. The outside looked new even though it was many years old, the inside looked clean, and the staff was very friendly. I, in fact, told my parents to look there for my grandparents.

Social Worker # 1 November 26, 2011

I think Sunrise of North Farmington Hills is an excellent choice for someone who is looking for placement for a friend or a family member. The common areas are elegant and coordinated to fit into any suburban lifestyle and it looks like a mansion from the outside. The common grounds of the facility are beautifully landscaped, maintained, coordinated and structured with perfection. While there, I could not help but notice the suburban urban community atmosphere. It also has a beautiful enclosed patio for their seniors to enjoy summertime views with a vast majority of flowers that are very beautiful and tastefully decorated and most satisfying to the eye. The residents there are treated like family and their staff and management are very nice, professional, team and task oriented in their job duties and their performances.

The food their looked excellent and the residents conveyed to me that the food taste great also. The facility was very clean and did not smell. The facility also offers a very homey atmosphere to its residents in addition to the variety of recreational activities and group activities as well. A beautifully artistic decorated garden and landscaped with a wide variety of fresh flowers throughout the residence with a sweet flowery scent throughout the residence as well and is very welcoming. The residents like it there and they receive excellent care there. I would recommend Sunrise at North Farmington Hills to any and everyone because I know that they would like it there.

I would in general, rank this facility with a five stars rating for their expertise and excellence. It also offer a homey looking exterior designed architecture. That is very tasteful and unique in beauty. They also offer their residents a vast majority of recreations and activities to suit their residents individual needs as necessary.

Briang1 October 14, 2011

I have visited this facility on several occasions, being that my grandmother is a resident here. Sunrise has special facilities and staff trained to deal with the memory impaired, which is wonderful for my grandmother, who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. The decor is AMAZING! The place really looks like a mansion inside. Beautiful antique furniture is everywhere, and there is an abundance of wide open space that totally eliminated any possibility of feeling confined. The amenities are even better than what you might expect from a country club. There are numerous kitchens, game rooms, TV rooms, and even a SALON, just in case the residents should desire a new hair do or a manicure. I was truly impressed with what I saw. When I attended "Family Day", food and beer were provided for ALL visitors totally free of charge, and we were allowed to roam the entire facility at our leisure. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind ending up in a place like this, myself.

From Sunrise at North Farmington Hills

Located just minutes from I-696, golf courses, restaurants and shopping, Sunrise at North Farmington Hills is in the heart of an urban community, yet nestled back from the road to offer a serene setting. We pride ourselves in our Southern mansion architecture offering an intimate atmosphere for our residents. We are also proud to offer two beautiful enclosed patios for our residents in our Reminiscence neighborhood to enjoy. We offer individualized care and attention for our residents, always striving to maintain a close relationship with our residents' family members.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise at North Farmington Hills

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours