Farmington Hills Inn

30350 W. Twelve Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI, 48334

Reviews of Farmington Hills Inn

Barbara124586650 May 11, 2016

Farmington Hills Inn looked good and the room was clean. The day that we went, the leasing agent was not there, but the maintenance guy was there. He was not able to answer some of our questions because he did not know the occupancy, the cost, and all of that. It was a Saturday morning, so we did not see any activities going on. The dining area was clean. We were pleased with the place, but it was too big of a location for my dad. The only thing we were disappointed in was that the leasing agent was not there to answer our questions.

Sherry122252450 March 27, 2016

We visited Farmington Hills Inn Assisted Living. Supposedly, it is an assisted living with a memory care unit, but as soon as you walk in the door, it is just like walking into a nursing home. There were people being wheeled off on their chairs in the regular assisted living supposed area. The rooms were small with small twin beds. The staff was OK. I didn’t see any activities. There was an activity room, but there were just people in wheelchairs doing nothing. They present themselves as assisted living, and it is not. It was very institutionally set up with linoleum floors. It was not very homey at all.

We are sorry that you did not have a better experience during your visit to Farmington Hills Inn. While Farmington Hills Inn was built according to Nursing Home standards, we are fully licensed as an Assisted Living and Memory Care community in the State of Michigan. We have been undergoing renovations over the last several years with the goal of creating a less "institutional" setting. We can also assure you that none of our residents are dependent on their wheelchairs, bed bound, or a two person transfer like most Residents found in Nursing Homes. Some of our Residents simply enjoy the convenience of their wheelchairs to go to and from meals and activities. Additionally, Farmington Hills Inn has two full-time activity directors who dedicate themselves to provide fun and interactive activities each and every day for our Residents! Our monthly activity calendar can be found at our website, Farmingtonhillsinn.com.

Jacque4 February 23, 2016

I visited Farmington Hills Inn, and I did not like the place at all. I walked in the back part, not the front, because the back said, "Visitors only." I walked through the door and there wasn’t a front desk or anything like that, so really, anybody can walk through the door. To me, it felt more like a nursing home setting than assisted living because the rooms were small. I was looking more for apartment-style living, so I wouldn’t go back for myself nor would I take my mom there.

sonofresident34 October 01, 2015

I have nothing but positive things to say about the Farmington Hills Inn. The staff has been wonderful! Everyone has been very helpful with what has been a difficult transition for my mother. The building is very clean and well maintained. The activity director Dee Dee does a great job of getting my mother involved. Also I have had a few meals with my mother and it has been delicious! My mother can be difficult but she even enjoys the food. For the price this facility can't be beat.

Anonymous111193350 July 29, 2015

I really liked Farmington Hills Inn Assisted Living. I thought it was a very attractive place. They had beautiful courtyards, and it is very clean. I went into the unit where they have dementia patients, and I was impressed by the staff interaction and how the patients were interacting and moving around. It was also very affordable.

Bev12 May 27, 2015

They seem to be very well at Farmington Hills Inn. They’re very caring and very good. They’re well aware of everyone there and make them feel at home. They learn the patients’ names, call them by name, and acknowledge them even walking down the hall. They all talk and ask how they’re doing.

I went to several different places, and this one seemed to be a better fit for mom because she gets lost in a big, huge place, and it’s affordable to her budget. I can come and go anytime I want. I’ve been invited to sit and have lunch or dinner with her. I have on occasion, and the food has been very good.

They have all kinds of games like Yahtzee, Sorry!, and Uno card games. They have a room where they can see movies. They have shelves of movies that they can watch. They have an activities room where they play bingo and different games. They have church services and gals that come in, and they exercise with music. A lot of them are in wheelchairs, but it’s very nice. People come in and sing or play guitars, and they play the old music. They have a director that’s on top of it. They also have a nurse on hand or they have doctors close. They have podiatrists come in. They have a hair salon; they do manicures and their hair. They’ve done a good job.

caraway December 16, 2014

They've done an excellent job at the Farmington Hills Inn so far. I'm very pleased with the service and I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff are extremely personable and family oriented. You can tell that everyone here takes pride in their job and in the service that they provide. They really care about making their community feel like home for the people who live there. I visited quite a few communities when I was looking into senior care and this was far and away my favorite that I saw!

KitKatBar October 24, 2014

My aunt lives here, and I know she enjoys the activities and the food. The facility is very clean and the staff is always very friendly helpful. My aunt always seems so happy and I'm glad to know that she's in a safe place that she loves.

Thank you for the kind comments. Our head chef and dietician work very hard to ensure that we provide healthy and delicious meals to our residents. We would love to have you visit for a meal any time!

Grandson85 September 26, 2014

My grandma lived here for quite a while. She started in the assisted living side and then moved to the secured unit when her memory became really bad. The staff was always very helpful, there were plenty of activities, and the building was always clean. I would recommend this home for anyone who is looking.

Thank you! I am so happy to hear that you are satisfied.

Caring83743650 May 29, 2014

My mother has been at Farmington Hills Inn for about three years already. It’s not that super duper. It's right in the middle, I would say. She's in the memory care unit. The place is clean, but I think they’re just a little bit understaffed, and there’s not enough supervision. The staff that they do have there even is not supervised where they should be. There are good staff members there, but there are slackers also, and the slackers seem to get away with it. I think she’s in the late stages of dementia, so she doesn’t partake in too much anymore, but they have bingo, card games, and trivia games. They have entertainment come, so the level of activity, I think, is, on a scale of one to five, a four. I would say I’m not absolutely satisfied. The problem with these homes is they don’t pay the help very well, so it’s high turnover. They know they don’t get paid well, so they don’t really apply any pressure to get better. As far as I can see anyway, the place is more homey than institutionalized.

We appreciate your constructive feedback! Since May, we have made several changes to our Reflections Unit. There is now more supervision from our Director of Healthcare Services within the memory care area and direct involvement from other supervisors to ensure that the needs of our residents are met and the expectations of their loved ones are exceeded. We take pride in our activity program and always welcome suggestions for improvement! We have great participation levels building wide. Thank you again for your helpful comments, we are always working to improve.

vas May 06, 2013

This place is horrible. Very short staff and the administrators have no customer service skills. I have visited this place more then five times and have experienced a lack of proper service each time. The head nurse on staff is terrible at best. We learned our lesson the hard way and will be removing our love one.

We apologize that our customer service was not up to standard. Our staff, management included, undergoes regular training not only in resident care and safety, but also customer service skills. We would love to have you visit us again to let us know that we have continued to make improvements in customer satisfaction.

Swatt September 08, 2012

I went to this facility to see how the facility is ran on an off shift. You can learn a lot by doing this! I was amazed and terrified at the same time. I walked around for 20 minutes and never found any staff, nurse or caregiver of any sort what so ever. All of the call lights were on!! There was no staff ANY WHERE, I don't think anyone works there at night. Not a very safe feeling, I would NOT put a loved one in this facility!! NO STARS...

We are sorry for your bad experience. However there are multiple caregivers, janitors, dietary, housekeeping, and office staff present in the building on weekdays and weekends. During every shift throughout the day, our staffing exceeds the state requirements for staffing levels.

From Farmington Hills Inn

Farmington Hills Inn is a single-story assisted living and memory care community located on four acres of beautifully landscaped property in Farmington Hills Michigan. We strive to offer quality care while encouraging independence. Our affordable rates include three home cooked meals daily, housekeeping and laundry services, a diverse activity schedule, medication administration, bathing assistance, regular wellness checks, and more!

Our "Reflections Unit" is a separate secured and wander guarded area with specialized programs and care for individuals with moderate to advanced stages of memory loss. From uniquely tailored activities, to our specially designed layout, there are many reasons why "Reflections" is one of the premier memory care programs in Metro-Detroit!

We would love to have you as our guest for a tour of our community.

Farmington Hills Inn is a family owned, state licensed assisted living and memory care community. We offer excellent care at an affordable price!

Features of Farmington Hills Inn

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Billiard Room

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $2,995/month

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60