American House Farmington Hills Senior Living

24400 Middlebelt, Farmington Hills, MI, 48336

Reviews of American House Farmington Hills Senior Living

Caring113712550 September 29, 2015

I visited American House Farmington Hills for my parents. The residents were very friendly. The management was very professional and forthcoming. They were willing to show us everything. They even followed up after I have gone there and offered for us to come in to try the meals that they had, but they didn't have an opening. Also, this one was located on a busier street, but it was nice. The apartments were nice. I looked at a two-bedroom with one bath. They had the laundry in the apartment. It was a little smaller than the one where my parents currently have, but it was nice and sufficient.

Thank you for your review. Although we currently have no availability at Farmington Hills we do have other communities in Southeast Michigan which may also be a good fit for your parents. There is a complete listing on our website at www.americanhouse.com. If you happen to see a community you may be interested in I can arrange a tour. Feel free to call directly at (248) 327-0498. Sincerely, Carmin Harris Executive Director

Caring111544650 August 06, 2015

American House Farmington was very lovely. However, with my mother-in-law's Parkinson's, we needed a place that would cater a little more to some of the lifestyle changes we are expecting in the future. The apartments were very nice. Everyone was very understanding. They answered all our questions, and they seemed to be very concerned with the residents and their comfort.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Although American House Farmington may not best fit your mother’s needs, we do have other locations throughout Southeast Michigan which may be more suitable. I’d be more than happy to meet with you and discuss what options are available. You can also view a complete list of American House communities online at www.americanhouse.com. You're welcome to call me directly to schedule a day and time convenient for us to meet. My number is 248-471-9141. Warmest regards, Carmin Harris, Executive Director

Caring110722550 July 21, 2015

American House had been great for my sister. She had a very good time during her stay for her respite care. She enjoyed the facility and her accommodations. Her room was immaculate and very clean. I was very pleased with it. It was like a little studio apartment. The dining room looked very well maintained and very clean, and the food was very good. They had social events, but my sister did not take part. They had a bingo session, and they took the seniors out to different trips.

Thank you for giving us such an awesome review! It’s always nice to hear from family members on how much their loved ones enjoying being a part our community. We’re so glad that both you and your sister are happy with American House Farmington. My door is always open, please feel free to stop by and say hello whenever you’re visiting your sister. Warmest regards, Carmin Harris, Executive Director | 248-471-9141

Caring97434250 November 22, 2014

I did make arrangements with American House Farmington for a relative of mine. It was a really good facility. I already made a deposit and on their waiting list at the moment. The staff are very accommodating and helpful. They have either two rooms or one room with a kitchenette type of place. They do have activities like they have weekly dances, music shows, card plays, walks in the park, and trips to the shopping mall; they really have a lot of recreational activities.

I'm excited your loved one is going to join our community! If you or your relative have any questions, feel free to stop by or call me anytime. See you soon!

Gloria32 September 11, 2014

We just visited the American House last year. It was really nice. We were thinking of getting one of the little houses they have. The food we had there was nice, as well as the living conditions. Everybody was very nice too. They have exercise, and they watch the TVs, like a video home. I like the fact that they have little individual houses and everything was just one level.

Thanks for leaving your feedback, Gloria! Our residents do love the layout here, and the activities we offer keeps everyone having fun. If I can answer any questions for you, don't hesitate to call me directly.

Robert89984050 August 26, 2014

We checked out American House in Farmington Hills. Frankly, we thought that it was just a little bit run down, not in the best condition and in need of a spruce up. The other thing was that they only have studios. Later they told me that they have other options for bigger units but I think we didn’t go back because it was a little run down. However, the staff was great. They were very accommodating and professional.

Our staff are truly wonderful; they treat residents like family and do everything they can to make sure residents are happy and having fun here. The building is constantly undergoing small renovations to keep its appearance up-to-date and have our residents feeling at home. We do have other communities nearby, with different spacing options and decor, that might be of more interest to you. I encourage you to give me a call personally to discuss your options!

Charlene14 January 31, 2014

American House was a nice, small community. The lady that showed us around and the director were both very accommodating and gave us a lot of information. But it was definitely out of our price range.

I'm glad you liked our community, Charlene, and I'd like to talk to you personally about our pricing and options. Since we offer many of our amenities and services on an a la carte basis, our costs are affordable because residents only pay for what they need. Please give me a call and I can address your concerns. Thank you!

Caring73647350 November 28, 2013

Mom had stayed at American House. We chose that because of the price and the proximity to my sister. However, I did not like the facility. I thought the food was mediocre. It was not great nor bad. The caregiving part was good. They had activities and they had newsletters that told about the activities. But the building was old and poorly designed. Her whole apartment got flooded and that's why it smelled funny. They had a ramp. Mom had to go up and down and fell on the ramp. That's why she had to go to the hospital and we had to move her out.

Thank you for reaching out to us – I'm sorry that you felt the building was poorly designed. I hope your mother is doing well. If you have any additional comments or concerns about our building, please give me a call so we can discuss one-on-one.

Cheryl18 November 27, 2013

American House Farmington is very nice too except that it's on a busy road. When we went there, there was nobody there to show us around. The couple of the workers told me they can show me around and so they were really nice about it.

I'm sorry that I was not available for your tour, but hopefully you were able to see all the amenities and extras we offer our residents! If you have any additional questions, please give me a call.

Bob39 September 19, 2013

American House is a nice facility. It is also conveniently located because it is closer to my brother's residence. My mom decided that's where she wants to move. It is a nice-sized place. She can progressively go into assisted living, then nursing, and then hospice when the need arise. Right now, she is in their independent living facility. She cooks her own meal. She likes it there. Her apartment is nice. It is a two-bedroom-one-bathroom apartment. I would recommend American House to others.

Thanks so much for your recommendation, Bob! I'm happy to hear your mom is enjoying herself here - and it's always nice when we're close to where other loved ones live. If your mom - or you - ever have any questions, my door is always open.

Caring8125 June 13, 2013

American House Farmington Hills was on the top of our list. I can consider that it's one of the best middle class facilities and a more affordable one. The management was able to run the facility very well. I think all American Houses are very dependable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was also recommended by our neighbor whose mother is living there. I got to talk to her and she enjoyed being there. They have a good program for seniors. It has a good reputation, but we decided that I and my husband are not ready yet for an assisted living and we just want to live in a condo.

It means a lot, Caring8125, that you recognized how dependable we are. We try! When you and your husband our ready, we have villas available (for our more independent community members), as well as apartments for those that might need a helping hand every now and again. Please don't hesitate to think of us again if you ever change your mind!

Audrey5 April 19, 2013

I saw American House Farmington Hills Senior Living in the magazine and I visited it. They seemed to have a lot of activities. The staff looked attentive. The rooms were just the right size but there was no kitchen.

Thanks for visiting us, Audrey5, and for leaving your feedback! We appreciate all the aspects of what we offer here that you noticed. We do have a community dining room where our chef creates a wide variety of tasty meals for our residents, and we can also provide a dorm size fridge and rolling carts for a microwave or coffee maker. Feel free to stop by and check it out sometime!

Sincerely, Carmin Harris Executive Director (248) 471-9141

LauraC1 September 27, 2012

When my stepfather was diagnosed with a dementia, me and my husband immediately thought that he would need some help. As we were very busy with our jobs and with our daughter and my stepfather had to take some pills that were prescribed by his doctor, we decided that we could not take care of him properly, so, although we had nothing else to do, we took him to an Assisted Living Facility, which was pretty close to our home.I have to say that I was just amazed when I saw how well people were treated. There were many amenities provided to us and especially to my stepfather, which helped him a lot. He took all the pills on time and that thing was very good for his mental health. The team was very nice with us, with him, they took care of everything and there were many recreational activities. He was very well cared, he seemed somehow happy. The man who took care of him always talked to him, they were debating many subjects and domains and my stepfather enjoyed this very much.American House Farmington Hills Senior Living was the best choice for us, but it was much better for him. I am very satisfied with this.

We know that the decision to move your loved one into a senior living community can be a difficult one, and we thank you for choosing the American House Farmington Hills community for your stepfather. We strive to make our residents feel at home and reassure their loved ones that we truly care about our residents! I'm glad to hear that your stepfather is happy and enjoying debating various topics with our staff! Please know that my door is always open if you'd ever like to stop in with any concerns or just to chat. Sincerely, Pam Lindsay, Executive Director, 248-471-9141

spiritual1 May 10, 2012

The staff at American House in Farmington Hills, MI are great! You can tell that they care about the residents and are focused on providing a safe and caring environment. My mom was a resident there and as an only child caring for her, I had a total peace of mind! The only reason I moved my mom was because they do not offer a secured environment when she started wandering. Outside of that, I highly recommend this community for anyone that needs an assisted living facility in the Detroit Metro area.

Dear spiritual1: Thank you so much for the great review! We always love hearing from people and we are really happy that you "“ and your mother "“ had a positive experience at American House Farmington Hills Senior Living. We appreciate that you took the time to tell us your thoughts!

batling23 March 10, 2012

The facilities at this location are actually very nice. There are rocking chairs outside of the main doors where you can see some of the residents during the summer. The lobby is well appointed and warmly lit. It has a very open and calm atmosphere. Once, they had a middle school orchestra come and perform for the residents. My thoughts about the staff are slightly mixed, but positive overall. There have been a couple instances where the staff came off as rude when entering the room, but that was few and far between. The most notable experience I remember is that my Great Grandmother (the resident) accidentally pulled on the emergency cord, and two nursing assistants came sprinting down to her room, reason being that the last time the cord was pulled, she had actually fallen. It's reassuring to know that they're keeping an eye on her, instead of being negligent like some other places. I know that she's in good hands. Overall everything is clean and well appointed.

Dear batling23, Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We appreciate your kind words and favorable rating! It means everything to us to know you feel your great grandmother is well cared for. We also recognize the ongoing need to improve and also appreciate your observation of our staff. It is our hope that this issue has been resolved. Should you ever wish to discuss anything personally, my door is always open or you can contact me directly at 248-471-9141. Sincerely, Pam Lindsay, Executive Director.

From American House Farmington Hills Senior Living

Providing apartments in the main building and ranch-style independent living "Villas" in the campus beyond, American House Farmington Hills is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping and familiar medical professionals in Farmington, Farmington Hills, Southfield, Redford, and Livonia. We are also located close to several hospitals including Botsford Hospital, Providence Hospital and Medical Center, and St. Mary Mercy Livonia. Farmington Hills Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

At Farmington Hills we have studio and 1 bedroom apartments. We also have independent living ranch-style Villas with 1 and 2 bedroom floorplan options. Property amenities at Farmington Hills include a community dining room, on-site beauty salon/barber shop, beautifully maintained grounds....and much, much more.

We have an Activity Director who plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation, restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Property Amenities

• Pet Permitted

Resident Services

• Service plan options for the Villas Dining Room
  • Housekeeping services available
  • Activity director with a wide range of enriching activities
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Scheduled Transportation
  • Available laundry service
  • Activities/Recreation

Additional Assistance Available

• Support Team available 7 days a week
  • and many other available support services

Location of American House Farmington Hills Senior Living