Brookdale Farmington

20 Devonwood Drive, Farmington, CT, 06032

Reviews of Brookdale Farmington

Paul28 February 27, 2014

Gables was a very nice place with very nice people. The rooms they had available for us though was in the basement facing the backside of the building and there was no sunshine coming in. It was a very spacious unit, but it was dark. It was kind of a cramped place. The hallways were tight and it was a very big place. So, my parents might get lost in there. The dining hall doesn't serve breakfast. They only served lunch or dinner.

Caring76844650 January 31, 2014

We went to see Gables at Farmington for my father-in-law. The facility is gorgeous. It's really nice and very well taken care of. We saw the room and we liked it. The staff was very pleasant and was able to answer our questions. Their dining room was like a little hotel. For what they said, they make home-made foods. We liked it because it would be a convenient place for the family; not really far from us.

Robert74304350 November 27, 2013

Gables at Farmington was not quite anywhere near as big as the other facility but it was very nice except for one thing. I wasn't very happy with the fact that the people who try to get you in there are on a commission basis. I don't like anybody on a percentage basis because, whether it was a nice or lousy place, they're not going to tell you. This is the reason why I'm giving the place a low rating.

meow271 August 28, 2012

The staff were friendly although my grandmother said they didn't listen to her needs.... but I'm not sure if it was just her condition. Everything seemed clean, friendly, open... she seemed to be taken care of quite well in my opinion. There was one nurse but I can't remeber her name who would come in and read to her and went above and beyond her call I feel to watch out for her. The room seemed nice.... maybe could have had a little more decor or another way to make it seem more homely... the gardening was beautiful though and they have nice views from the windows. There were other nurses how ever in my opinion that shouldn't have chosen being a nurse as a profession... they took awhile to answer her call.... and took forever to come to her aid... and were less than delicate in giving her medication.

sfen1110 May 19, 2012

After my grandfather passed, my family decided to place my grandmother in an assisted living center to help her not only cope, but continue to function as well on her own. The facilities were very nice; it is kept very clean and Farmington is a beautiful town on its own. I had no complaints about the staff -- though they have a difficult job, everyone I spoke to was respectful and willing to assist with any and all concerns my family had. Finding a good assisted living facility is a difficult choice, because it essentially requires you to put your family member's care in the hands of others, something hard to do when it's your grandmother. The staff knows this better than anyone, and they went out of their way to make this decision as easy and painless as they possibly could. I appreciated their efforts, I appreciated the care they put into their facility, and I appreciate the respect and patience they gave to my grandmother.

ZenaWart June 01, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Hello ,I must say that this assisted living facility is pretty nice outside, Its located in a very hidden area, I went to visit a family member, and let me tell you something, they have such an amazing ,clean and neat facility, It was my first experience going to visit a family member to one of those places ,and I am not going to lie I was pretty nervous about the place and stuff members ,just because of the simple name of "assisted living facility". when I was heading to the main door ,there was few residents on their wheelchairs chatting with the Aides ,the front desk lady was very nice and polite, the other stuff members were very polite some of them showed so much stress on their facial expressions and some of them were really enjoying their job, I am going to say that during the time I was there everybody was really busy ,transferring and assisting residents from one place to another, I have also noticed that besides having good Aides they need to get more bilingual employees ,because some residents do not speak English too well and as we age I think we feel more comfortable talking in our home language, for me to mention this is because the person that I was visiting mentioned that when nobody is around him/her ,it was hard for the person to convey his/her feelings and thoughts , other than that the whole time I was in that facility; it was a quite nice experience.

From Brookdale Farmington

Brookdale Farmington provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Farmington

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Sign

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Walking Path around our 7 acre lake

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Resident council, menu planning, Celebration of a different country each month

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): ALSA.0000102