The Chelsea at Fanwood

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Chelsea at Fanwood

April 23, 2015

By RA642

Visited this facility. Nice and small. However seems dirty. Floors are filthy everywhere. Dining room looks dirty. The floor up in the unit is dirty.

November 27, 2013

The Chelsea at Fanwood's accommodation is very warm. It felt a very nice place. The rooms were nice, but they were just small. The interior was very nice and the décor was classy. When we were there for a visit, they didn’t have a wheelchair to take my mom for a tour and that was the reason why we weren’t there very long. They also didn’t have a room that is big enough for mom and dad.

October 09, 2013

By calm and happy

My mom lives at TheChelsea for five years now. It's been wonderful to see that she is able to remain farely independent and outgoing. She made friends here and actively participates in facilities social life. The group goes out for lunch at least twice a month, they take trips down the shore and to "Sands" Casino.She goes on shopping trips three times a week. There are scheduled educational lectures and presentations, trivial games, discussion and craft groups, entertainment every Sunday. We enjoy their family parties and look forward to visiting mom every time. I am actually surpride that somebody wrote that there is not enough activities. Also, I should remark on the quality of food, which is exceptional.

October 04, 2013

By SB100465

Clean and small facility. Not too many things going on. Not a lot of activities for the residents. Overcharge on level care. Not enough staff in the building. Staff are nice to residents that don' t give them too much work to do. Residents got tired of voicing out concerns as they were never resolved.

September 27, 2013

By Sandy23

I chose Chelsea at Fanwood for my uncle because it was very clean and it's in the middle of the town. The people who are living there are friendly. The people working there made him feel comfortable. The food is just excellent.

June 13, 2013

By Nancy62978150

My mom is in The Chelsea at Fanwood for two and a half months and she seems to be doing okay there. It is a very well-kept, very clean, and very beautiful facility. The facility itself is safe and organized. With regard to the staff, so far I've been happy with them. They keep us informed with regard to my mother. There are more interactions with other residents not just with the caretaker and my mother likes this. They have three or four activities a day. Sometimes entertainers would come in and sometimes they would play bingo. Every morning they would have exercise time.

May 15, 2012

I visited this facility and i have seen that the environment is extremely nice. It's very clean and they're very helpful. They have a good staff which are highly-trained people. I chose this facility because of approximity and convenience, and aside from that, I've seen that they were attentive to the people there so i know my mom will be happy there.

January 21, 2012

By TheChelsReviewer

Hurricane Irene brought us to The Chelsea Fanwood. My grandmother's house was condemned following the hurricane's wrath, and we could only house her for so long. The week following Irene, we researched assisted living facilities as a family and took tours of three facilities within twenty minutes of our home. The Chelsea stood out not only for its proximity, but because of its extremely kind and professional staff and amazingly landscaped grounds. Driving up to The Chelsea, one would never know it is an assisted living facility. It appears to be a lavish hotel from the outside, and the inside does not disappoint! Upon walking in the foyer, tenants and guests are greeted by a lovely receptionist that will direct you to where you need to go. To your left, an open area with large windows overlooking the entrance and gardens and a 24/7 coffee stand. To your right, another open room with a huge flat screen television for movie-watching and several tables for games and other activities held by the staff of The Chelsea. Upon hearing my grandmother's story, the staff was quick to help us. In ONE short week, they furnished two rooms on the same floor for my uncle and grandmother and welcomed them with open arms. Each room came equipped with a sink and microwave, bed, dresser, television and private bathroom. Several staff members approached me and my dad asking if we needed assistance moving the few items we were able to rescue from the house. My grandmother and uncle were whisked away to a catered lunch (3 course meals for lunch and dinner!). Later that evening and continuing to this day, the staff offers many events from trips to movies and game nights in which all tenants can participate. The transition was relatively easy on them due to these activities and the kindness of the staff. I highly recommend The Chelsea Fanwood. It is an opulent facility for all types of seniors.

About The Chelsea at Fanwood

Located in a lovely suburban neighborhood, The Chelsea at Fanwood offers personalized Assisted Living in charming efficiencies and suites.

All Chelsea Senior Living Residences offer a safe, warm, homelike, comfortable setting where well-trained staff attend to the needs of residents to ensure wellness, provide choice, maintain dignity, respect individuality and promote the highest possible level of function and independence.

Map of The Chelsea at Fanwood