Sunrise of Fairfax

9207 Arlington Boulevard, Fairfax, VA, 22031

Reviews of Sunrise of Fairfax

LilTweetie72 September 13, 2012

The caregivers and nurses were attentive to the needs of my relatives and displayed a caring and compassionate attitude when I saw them caring for my grandparents. However, sometimes they were dismissive to me or ignored me when I was in the room with my relatives, which I found to be very rude.

Ron 1 September 08, 2012

We looked at the local Sunrise, because of my own mother's condition in the past, and we know about this facility. I found it so claustrophobic myself. I thought the rooms were so small. I don't even know how people move around there, the hall is so small.

sammf123 July 11, 2012

I loved the staff who helped out with everybody. They were very kind and you could tell that they took good care of the residents. The retirement home was very well-kept and clean, and the custodians there worked diligently. I was definitely happy with my mother staying there, as she would often talk to her friends at the cafe area. The retirement home offered golf, tennis, a swimming pool, and a walking trail for anyone to use. There were handicap ramps everywhere, so the place was compatible with both able and disabled residents. Very much appreciated. As far as the food goes, they served pork and chicken, with vegetables and fruit. It was cooked at the retirement home and not processed, which made me feel good about having my mother being there. The food tasted good as well, so that's a plus. The trails were always swept of debris from trees or shrubs. Landscapers would come often and trim the plants, mow the lawn, cut tree branches, etc. The home was taken care of like the White House. So overall, the retirement home is very good for anyone who has an elder relative who needs assistance.

SarahB1 June 21, 2012

This is one location of a chain of assisted living facilities. Overall, I thought it was clean and seemed like a homey , pleasant place to live. There was nice furniture in the shared spaces, such as the cafeteria, meeting rooms, living rooms, and other spaces. The interior was well kept. There was nice staff. They were courteous and well-dressed. There was minimal noise in most areas. Some of the rooms we walked by had loud patients talking, but I think that would be expected with the elderly who often have hearing problems, or with patient with Alzheimer's or dementia. There was a weird smell in one of the hallways. Maybe it was something you would get used to if you lived there or was there more often. The grounds were very pretty. They had nice landscaped gardens and places to sit outside. There was also plenty of parking for visitors.

Gr8F8D8 May 03, 2012

I have nothing negative to say about my experience at Sunrise when I visited. From the start, every person I had encountered, be them resident or staff, had something friendly to say to me. From what I saw on the tour, the facility was very clean and well maintained. The residents that we're out and about, seemed to be enjoying themselves with a variety of stimulating activities. To an extent, I was almost jealous that I couldn't stay. But I digress, the Sunrise assisted living facility could possibly be my family members next place of residency and I would have no qualms about that. I spoke with a few of the staff there ,and they seemed to not only enjoy their job and what service they provided for their residents, but the residents there seemed to enjoy every member of the staff. If you are looking for a clean, friendly, facility, Sunrise Senior Living is the place to go.

Usasailor7 December 13, 2011

When I visited I was impressed with Sunrise Assisted Living of Fairfax, Virginia. I thought the facility was designed well to provide a comfortable lifestyle. I was able to observe and speak with residents and they all expressed that they were pleased with the level of care provided. Many of them also stated that they enjoyed living there because of the community and employees. I had the opportunity to speak with several staff members all of whom seemed to be happy with their jobs. I think that having and keeping happy employees is important because happy employees do better work than those that are unhappy. I think that they also provide a higher level of care. After speaking to residents and employees I quietly observed interactions between the residents and staff members. I saw firsthand that the resident's questions and comments were always addressed and that they were addressed in a respectful manner. I was really pleased and impressed by this and think that this facility provides an excellent level of care to it's residents.

From Sunrise of Fairfax

Located just minutes from the 495 beltway, Route 66, Vienna and Fairfax Circle, Sunrise of Fairfax is conveniently located on a 7-1/2 acre campus with Merritt Academy, a private day school for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade students. We are also adjacent to the beautiful Accotink nature trail. We pride ourselves in our intergenerational programs with Merritt Academy, which encourage seniors and children to interact on a regular basis.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Fairfax

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours