Sheldon Park Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.6

November 29, 2016

By mnbvcxz

This place is clean inside and out. All of the staff are friendly and they go out of their way to help the people living here.

October 26, 2016

By Wanita McPherson

One of the hardest decisions for any family to make is to send an aging parent to Assisted Living or "the home” as some people call it. Our 89 year old mother was recovering from serious health issues and because of the need for trained medical care and management of medications we were unable to care for her at home. We talked about Assisted Living for a short period while she recovered and selected Sheldon Park because of the beautiful facility, incredible staff and the care available. Mom is now recovered and when asked about moving back home she tells us to move somebody else into the house because she is having too much fun at Sheldon Park. They handle her medications, do the cooking, spoil her with kindness and care and best of all give her the opportunity to choose every day what activity she is going to participate in. She has made numerous friends and enjoys visiting daily with all of therm. In fact, it is hard to ever find her in her room because she is a very happy and busy lady. Sheldon Park is an amazing place with incredible caregivers, staff and administrators. We highly recommend it!!!

August 22, 2016

By Diane061136

I visited Sheldon Park, and I was not impressed. I did not like the fact that the memory care people were pushed off into an area, which seemed dark and dreary. They weren’t with the rest of the people like in the assisted living; they were definitely in their own little world. However, the grounds were ample and nice. I remembered that there were some people that were sitting at the table and smiled and talked to us as we went through like, “Hello,” and we tried to “Hello” back, but they rushed you through there. They would not let you linger.

Thank you, Diane, for writing us this review. We take our reviews seriously and use them to improve our service. That said, we are disappointed to learn about your most recent experience with us. This is not how we aim to run things. If you're willing to give us a chance, we would like to make this right with you and help however possible. Please call Charisa Coxen directly at (541) 344-1078 for help resolving this matter.

August 17, 2016

By Susan865860

Our tour at the Sheldon Park Senior Living was fine, and the place was very nice. The staff gave us information on what we needed to do. The place looked comfortable, and the residents were doing OK. It looked like they had a lot of activities for the residents and was very organized. The room was very nice. The dining area was very clean and very pretty, and they served good food.

March 31, 2016

By Libby K

I have met several of the staff at Sheldon Park. They continually strive to meet the needs not only of their residents but also of the community by providing education about chronic conditions and ways to manage memory loss. If I helped a relative choose assisted living or memory care services, Sheldon Park would be on my list because staff are dedicated to providing appropriate & quality services.

February 26, 2016

By Sarah120891250

I visited Sheldon Park. It was clean. They provide three meals a day, which were served restaurant style, were very nicely presented, and tasted excellent. They had studios, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms, but they were pricey. The staff was excellent. The facility really meets our needs, but, they need more things in the activity room. I saw the planned activities for the month, and they have a big game room, a small game area that was very nice, a pool table, and things to do for when your family and grandkids come. It was very nice, and everything was very clean.

February 23, 2016

By Claire Thomas

I am a student at the U of O and I visited Sheldon Park a couple weeks ago for a class project. They were putting on a jazz concert for their residents. As soon as I entered the building I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful and modern it was. I didn't feel like I was in a nursing home. I was immediately assisted by someone at the door who greeted me with a smile. Jennipher was the most helpful and answered any questions I asked her and continued to check on me throughout my time at Sheldon Park even though she was busy with the event. The residents were so pleasant and happy compared to other nursing homes I have visited in the past. I look forward to volunteering there in the future.

February 07, 2016

By Lindiagee

I have been to Sheldon park assisted living on a few different occasions and have found the staff to be very tentative and helpful. The building has always appeared very clean and smells clean. I haven't tried their food there, but it smells good. I always see the residents smiling and active within the building. I will definitely look into this facility for placement of my loved one when the time comes.

December 30, 2015

By Caring Daughter104625450

I visited Sheldon Park and the place was very nice and clean. The staff seemed fine and friendly.

September 12, 2015

By Hzleug

We moved my mom here in June and couldn't be happier. The staff is fabulous and I feel Ike they really got to know mom and work with her based on her needs. Mom is happy and we are too!

August 13, 2015

By MarieTC

The caregivers are exceptional. All of them are briefed on all of the things needed to care for your loved one. The atmosphere is clean, positive and upbeat. The furnishings and decor in the facility are elegant and comfortable. The food is excellent and healthful.

July 14, 2015

By Lisa110544050

The staff was great at Sheldon Park Senior Living. My mom was not well enough to participate in any of the activities, but they had some great ones. Her apartment was very nice. It was a studio with a small kitchenette and a bathroom. The dining room was very spacious.

June 29, 2015

By J. newman

My mother has been living at Sheldon Park assisted living for over two years and we have been pleased with her care. She moved from out-of-state and the transition was handled with care and she felt very welcomed. The facility is always clean and bright and there is good programing for residents. Staff are friendly and know the residents by name. I feels like her home now!

April 30, 2015

By Kevin17

The one I liked the most was Sheldon Park. It just seemed like a very nice place. People could go in if they wanted to or whenever they were hungry, they had snacks available all day, and they just kind of offered a less regimented type of schedule. They had an activity room there for painting and stuff, but there was nobody in there at that time. They have painting classes, and they did field trips and all kinds of stuff. The rooms were all clean, well-lit, and bright. They were just like any other places' rooms, but they were nice.

April 28, 2015

By Keven

Sheldon Park seemed like a clean facility and seemed like it was all around. It seemed like that all that you would want was there -- including the engaging type programs involving the society. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

April 22, 2015

We visited several communities, and we have chosen Sheldon Park. We just knew it was good, so we looked at it. They showed us around and showed us what we wanted. The staff was very kind and invited us to lunch a couple of times. The food was good, and the dining setup was nice. They have a lot of activities like bingo, art classes, and health classes. I don't know what else they have, but they have something going on every day. Security seems to be topnotch, and I never heard any problems about it.

March 27, 2015

By Linda104284050

I would say Sheldon Park is a very nice facility. I think that all of my dad's needs would have been met there. That is my first facility, so I didn't have anything to compare it to, but looking back having seen several places, I would say it is one of the nicer communities. I didn't see anything alarming at all.

June 28, 2014

They have very nice facilities. They're probably a little nicer. I would really like to put my mother there, but they were not Medicaid-approved.

June 17, 2014

By Jean87604150

My mom moved into Sheldon Park, and she really likes it. It makes sense for her to stay there because my brother sees her every day. She has a lovely apartment. It's very quiet. Her memory is failing very badly, so it is good to have her in a place where we feel she's being watched over and taken care of. She's really enjoying it there. She loves the activities. However, she says, "There's nothing much going on here," so I think they can improve on their activities. They do not provide transportation. They don't have any shuttles on Sunday. So my mother is on her own to go to mass, and my brother has to go and take her.

October 26, 2013

By MKSmith

This is very nice upscale facility. The staff was very kind and helpful when my sister needed a place to stay.

August 21, 2012

By happy sheldon park

The staff was welcoming and friendly, the environment was clean and felt very warm unlike what i expected, not hospital and sterilized feeling. It felt as though there was a community atmosphere there. At Sheldon park there are several activities and involving events for residents to do which makes things feel more like everyday life then a nursing or assisted living home. it seemed residents were happy and healthy as well as motivated and independent. The people living there seemed to feel safe and at home. the dining style was great instead of a cafeteria feel it was more like a casual restaurant. The rooms offer an at home feel with a kitchenette and spacious floor plan. between the salon, the library, the billiard room, and the movie theater there are several things to fill free time with.

Photos of Sheldon Park Assisted Living

Features of Sheldon Park Assisted Living

• Features Extra: Library

About Sheldon Park Assisted Living

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. We offer more than just a beautiful place to live. We offer a lifestyle that embraces our residents independence and offers high quality care and assistance where needed.

Our goal is to enhance the quality of life of our residents and make sure they live their lives to the fullest. We recognize that our residents require varying levels of care and assistance. We promise to tailor our community and services to the needs and preferences of each individual resident, ensuring that they continue to lead the life they want. Visit us today to start living your life to the fullest!

Map of Sheldon Park Assisted Living