Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Overview of Ratings

4.4

September 27, 2012

By nohlranch

This is a nice facility. My grandparents have a one-bedroom place. It came fully furnished with a bed, couches, TV, etc.; as a result, my grandparents didn't have to bring any furniture. There are also multiple amenities that make this place comfortable and secure. For example, there's a heating and cooling system for each unit that allows grandma and grandpa to control the temperature. In addition, there's also an emergency button in the unit that reaches a staff that is on-call 24 hours. That way, if there's an emergency that's about to happen (i.e. a major headache), my grandparents can immediately get assistance. In addition to having a comfortable room, my grandparents also appreciate the outdoors and the community. There are several walking trails and a lot of greenery, which makes it nice for peaceful walks and for reflection. There is also a good sense of community here, as there are many scheduled events that residents participate in. There are free exercise classes that help my grandparents to manage their diabetes. In addition, there is also a chapel service that takes place every week. My parents are spiritual, so this allows them to worship with other people of the same faith. Overall, it's a great facility.

April 18, 2012

By keptliving

A fairly large place with decent landscaping. The lawn was sort of maintained but since it was dark at the time we were there, most of the outside features went unnoticed. Inside however was fairly nice, our friend working that night met us in the dining room (which was very neat and clean, although it looked a little out of fashion) and ended up showing us around the place. The rooms were pretty small but they seemed like they had just enough space to be comfortable and feel spacious enough. Everything was well lit, the walkways were clear, clean, and also well lit. My opinion of the staff is clearly biased since we knew each other personally, but the others that work there seemed friendly enough. Since we were with an employee they kind of left us alone. Only bad thing I can think of is that the building itself is kind of ugly.

September 29, 2011

By V101

The facility was very big and spacious. They had a beautifully maintained law and plenty of gorgious flowers,and a walkway for the clients to use at thier convienience. Unpon walking inside is an entry, with a piano that the clients were playing, which caught my eye because my mom use to love playing. Their dining room faces the nieghborhood and has a decient view. The tables were made properly and very clean, not one spot on the glasses. The staff seemed very friendly and involved with the clients unlike most of the facilities in the surrounding neighboring areas. The bedrooms were generiously sized, maintained very well and there was not a speck of dust anywhere. The have plenty of daily walks and activities. The only thing that I didn't see was an big enough area for indoor phsyical activities. The other thing that wasn't very nice was the ulgy green carpet, but that isn't really a big issue, just an eye sore. All in all I would have to say that it was one of the best establishments that I have checked out, and I have been to no less than 15.

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Describe your community's overall population of assisted living residents. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The majority of our residents are in their mid to late 80's. They really enjoy our happy hours every Friday as well as bingo. We also have a gardening club that grow fresh vegetables and beautiful flowers.

What programs or activities do you offer to enrich your residents’ well-being?

We offer a variety of activities every day, from exercise programs in-house to lunch outings at nearby parks and restaurants.

What places are near the community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are plenty of stores nearby. The Dollar Tree and the 99 cent are a big hit in our area and are only a few blocks from our building. There are also local grocery stores and department stores nearby (Walmart, Albertsons, etc.)

What transportation services do you offer to assisted living residents?

Our bus runs 5 days a week. Our residents use our bus for local outings, doctor's appointments, errand running and so much more.

What makes your chef or dining program exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted residents expect?

Our chef likes to keep things exciting. We serve anything from the traditional American homemade meals to the trending cultural cuisine. Our chef also loves to hear from our residents. We host a monthly Chef Talk where residents come together to share what they would like to see on the menu.

What safety features or security measures do you offer to your assisted living residents?

All of our apartments are equipped with grab bars and easy accessible step in showers. The hallways are lined with tasteful hand railings to keep steady as you explore the community. Every one of our residents is provided with a call button to page a caregiver for assistance.

How do you keep residents’ families informed about their loved ones?

Our staff communicates directly with families in regards to their loved ones' well-being. We typically make a phone call or send an email, whatever method is preferred.

What is your community's care staff-to-resident ratio during daytime and nighttime hours?

In assisted living you'll see 2-3 caregivers roaming the halls day and night. You'll also find medication technicians either in the med room or roaming the halls to distribute medications to our residents.

If your community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our building sits on 4 acres and the surrounding areas are very park-like. Most residents on the first floor are able to exit their apartment through their patio door to enjoy huge trees and lots of grass. Perfect setting for dog owners.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Along with the monthly computer training that the staff receives we also have constant training on how we can better serve our residents.

What safety features or security measures do you provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents who wander are typically best cared for in our Legacies (Memory Care) neighborhood. Legacies is a 24/7 secured environment. We also offer wander guards for those who don't necessarily wander but are best kept within the familiar area of the community.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3500/month

About Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido