Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

1351 East Washington Ave, Escondido, CA, 92027

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Caring5593 June 13, 2013

Emeritus at Escondido was good for us. They had a very knowledgeable staff. Price was very good. However, our concern for this place was that it needed updating. The facility was worn and dated. Just because my parents are older, it does not really need to let everything deteriorate around them. I don't agree with that. The facility needed some freshening up. We're also worried about the security. The facility was not in the best neighborhood and it's not completely fenced.

SASaint April 18, 2013

My words offer a small glimpse"¦book a respite stay for your loved one and you will find this a wonderful facility and cannot be beat! My mom was VERY skeptical at first so a respite stay gave her a chance to try it out. Before her 1st full day was over she had already picked out a vacant room and dubbed it "˜home'. She moved right in from respite to her own apartment by the end of the week (would have been sooner if not for our work schedules). The facility is not too fancy"¦feels like grandma's house (my mom and I both got a sense of "˜home' when we entered the front door). While the building is not new, housekeeping does a wonderful job keeping it neat and clean inside! The dining room is bright and open (my mom enjoys being able to look outside as she eats). The tables are always cleaned off and set nice before each meal. The grounds are very well maintained (my mom loves the 2 rows of beautiful roses out front). My mom's apartment is on the 2nd floor and while she didn't think she would like the idea of being upstairs, she quickly settled in using the elevator - it has a delay when closing (she uses a walker). She enjoys being able to open her sliding glass door every morning and absolutely loves her view from the balcony ~ it is like sitting in a park! My mom is able to step right into her own shower (there is about a 3 inch high lip to step over and secure bars on the walls to hold onto). Each resident wears a pendant and I like the idea my mom has help 24/7 if needed (there is no hanging cord on a wall). Each unit has a small refrigerator and its own individual unit for air/heat ~ both work great. Each resident has their own apartment key and can lock their apartment door when home or going out (not offered at some other facilities). The residents are also given their own key to individual mailboxes located in the downstairs main hallway. There is a beauty shop and small chapel on site and plenty of activities throughout the day for those who enjoy them (bingo, poker, movies, exercise/stretching, gardening, walks, outings, live entertainment, etc). My mom enjoys "˜happy hour' each Friday afternoon (drinks & appetizers). They have a "˜no salt/non dairy' diet but the cooks really know how to flavor the food! EVERYONE who works here always has a smiling face and seem to enjoy their job! They all interact with my mom on a personal level and treat her as if she is a family member (everyone is on a first name basis here)! I always feel welcome, regardless when I stop in to visit! My mom could not have found a better place to live and I absolutely love the fact I do not have to worry about how she is being treated! Emeritus of Escondido is the best a family could wish for!

nohlranch September 27, 2012

This is a nice facility. My grandparents have a one-bedroom place. It came fully furnished with a bed, couches, TV, etc.; as a result, my grandparents didn't have to bring any furniture. There are also multiple amenities that make this place comfortable and secure. For example, there's a heating and cooling system for each unit that allows grandma and grandpa to control the temperature. In addition, there's also an emergency button in the unit that reaches a staff that is on-call 24 hours. That way, if there's an emergency that's about to happen (i.e. a major headache), my grandparents can immediately get assistance. In addition to having a comfortable room, my grandparents also appreciate the outdoors and the community. There are several walking trails and a lot of greenery, which makes it nice for peaceful walks and for reflection. There is also a good sense of community here, as there are many scheduled events that residents participate in. There are free exercise classes that help my grandparents to manage their diabetes. In addition, there is also a chapel service that takes place every week. My parents are spiritual, so this allows them to worship with other people of the same faith. Overall, it's a great facility.

keptliving April 18, 2012

A fairly large place with decent landscaping. The lawn was sort of maintained but since it was dark at the time we were there, most of the outside features went unnoticed. Inside however was fairly nice, our friend working that night met us in the dining room (which was very neat and clean, although it looked a little out of fashion) and ended up showing us around the place. The rooms were pretty small but they seemed like they had just enough space to be comfortable and feel spacious enough. Everything was well lit, the walkways were clear, clean, and also well lit. My opinion of the staff is clearly biased since we knew each other personally, but the others that work there seemed friendly enough. Since we were with an employee they kind of left us alone. Only bad thing I can think of is that the building itself is kind of ugly.

V101 September 29, 2011

The facility was very big and spacious. They had a beautifully maintained law and plenty of gorgious flowers,and a walkway for the clients to use at thier convienience. Unpon walking inside is an entry, with a piano that the clients were playing, which caught my eye because my mom use to love playing. Their dining room faces the nieghborhood and has a decient view. The tables were made properly and very clean, not one spot on the glasses. The staff seemed very friendly and involved with the clients unlike most of the facilities in the surrounding neighboring areas. The bedrooms were generiously sized, maintained very well and there was not a speck of dust anywhere. The have plenty of daily walks and activities. The only thing that I didn't see was an big enough area for indoor phsyical activities. The other thing that wasn't very nice was the ulgy green carpet, but that isn't really a big issue, just an eye sore. All in all I would have to say that it was one of the best establishments that I have checked out, and I have been to no less than 15.

About Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Pacifica Senior Living Escondido is an assisted living facility in Escondido, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Pacifica Senior Living Escondido for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido