Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

1351 East Washington Ave, Escondido, CA, 92027

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

April 17, 2013

By SASaint

My words offer a small glimpse"¦book a respite stay for your loved one and you will find this a wonderful facility and cannot be beat! My mom was VERY skeptical at first so a respite stay gave her a chance to try it out. Before her 1st full day was over she had already picked out a vacant room and dubbed it "˜home'. She moved right in from respite to her own apartment by the end of the week (would have been sooner if not for our work schedules). The facility is not too fancy"¦feels like grandma's house (my mom and I both got a sense of "˜home' when we entered the front door). While the building is not new, housekeeping does a wonderful job keeping it neat and clean inside! The dining room is bright and open (my mom enjoys being able to look outside as she eats). The tables are always cleaned off and set nice before each meal. The grounds are very well maintained (my mom loves the 2 rows of beautiful roses out front). My mom's apartment is on the 2nd floor and while she didn't think she would like the idea of being upstairs, she quickly settled in using the elevator - it has a delay when closing (she uses a walker). She enjoys being able to open her sliding glass door every morning and absolutely loves her view from the balcony ~ it is like sitting in a park! My mom is able to step right into her own shower (there is about a 3 inch high lip to step over and secure bars on the walls to hold onto). Each resident wears a pendant and I like the idea my mom has help 24/7 if needed (there is no hanging cord on a wall). Each unit has a small refrigerator and its own individual unit for air/heat ~ both work great. Each resident has their own apartment key and can lock their apartment door when home or going out (not offered at some other facilities). The residents are also given their own key to individual mailboxes located in the downstairs main hallway. There is a beauty shop and small chapel on site and plenty of activities throughout the day for those who enjoy them (bingo, poker, movies, exercise/stretching, gardening, walks, outings, live entertainment, etc). My mom enjoys "˜happy hour' each Friday afternoon (drinks & appetizers). They have a "˜no salt/non dairy' diet but the cooks really know how to flavor the food! EVERYONE who works here always has a smiling face and seem to enjoy their job! They all interact with my mom on a personal level and treat her as if she is a family member (everyone is on a first name basis here)! I always feel welcome, regardless when I stop in to visit! My mom could not have found a better place to live and I absolutely love the fact I do not have to worry about how she is being treated! Emeritus of Escondido is the best a family could wish for!

September 26, 2012

By nohlranch

This is a nice facility. My grandparents have a one-bedroom place. It came fully furnished with a bed, couches, TV, etc.; as a result, my grandparents didn't have to bring any furniture. There are also multiple amenities that make this place comfortable and secure. For example, there's a heating and cooling system for each unit that allows grandma and grandpa to control the temperature. In addition, there's also an emergency button in the unit that reaches a staff that is on-call 24 hours. That way, if there's an emergency that's about to happen (i.e. a major headache), my grandparents can immediately get assistance. In addition to having a comfortable room, my grandparents also appreciate the outdoors and the community. There are several walking trails and a lot of greenery, which makes it nice for peaceful walks and for reflection. There is also a good sense of community here, as there are many scheduled events that residents participate in. There are free exercise classes that help my grandparents to manage their diabetes. In addition, there is also a chapel service that takes place every week. My parents are spiritual, so this allows them to worship with other people of the same faith. Overall, it's a great facility.

April 17, 2012

By keptliving

A fairly large place with decent landscaping. The lawn was sort of maintained but since it was dark at the time we were there, most of the outside features went unnoticed. Inside however was fairly nice, our friend working that night met us in the dining room (which was very neat and clean, although it looked a little out of fashion) and ended up showing us around the place. The rooms were pretty small but they seemed like they had just enough space to be comfortable and feel spacious enough. Everything was well lit, the walkways were clear, clean, and also well lit. My opinion of the staff is clearly biased since we knew each other personally, but the others that work there seemed friendly enough. Since we were with an employee they kind of left us alone. Only bad thing I can think of is that the building itself is kind of ugly.

September 29, 2011

By V101

The facility was very big and spacious. They had a beautifully maintained law and plenty of gorgious flowers,and a walkway for the clients to use at thier convienience. Unpon walking inside is an entry, with a piano that the clients were playing, which caught my eye because my mom use to love playing. Their dining room faces the nieghborhood and has a decient view. The tables were made properly and very clean, not one spot on the glasses. The staff seemed very friendly and involved with the clients unlike most of the facilities in the surrounding neighboring areas. The bedrooms were generiously sized, maintained very well and there was not a speck of dust anywhere. The have plenty of daily walks and activities. The only thing that I didn't see was an big enough area for indoor phsyical activities. The other thing that wasn't very nice was the ulgy green carpet, but that isn't really a big issue, just an eye sore. All in all I would have to say that it was one of the best establishments that I have checked out, and I have been to no less than 15.

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Assisted Living at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The majority of our residents are in their mid to late 80's. They really enjoy our happy hours every Friday as well as bingo. We also have a gardening club that grow fresh vegetables and beautiful flowers.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a variety of activities every day, from exercise programs in-house to lunch outings at nearby parks and restaurants.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Escondido or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are plenty of stores nearby. The Dollar Tree and the 99 cent are a big hit in our area and are only a few blocks from our building. There are also local grocery stores and department stores nearby (Walmart, Albertsons, etc.)

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to assisted living residents?

Our bus runs 5 days a week. Our residents use our bus for local outings, doctor's appointments, errand running and so much more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef likes to keep things exciting. We serve anything from the traditional American homemade meals to the trending cultural cuisine. Our chef also loves to hear from our residents. We host a monthly Chef Talk where residents come together to share what they would like to see on the menu.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to assisted living residents?

All of our apartments are equipped with grab bars and easy accessible step in showers. The hallways are lined with tasteful hand railings to keep steady as you explore the community. Every one of our residents is provided with a call button to page a caregiver for assistance.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our staff communicates directly with families in regards to their loved ones' well-being. We typically make a phone call or send an email, whatever method is preferred.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido during daytime and nighttime hours?

In assisted living you'll see 2-3 caregivers roaming the halls day and night. You'll also find medication technicians either in the med room or roaming the halls to distribute medications to our residents.

If Pacifica Senior Living Escondido accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our building sits on 4 acres and the surrounding areas are very park-like. Most residents on the first floor are able to exit their apartment through their patio door to enjoy huge trees and lots of grass. Perfect setting for dog owners.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Along with the monthly computer training that the staff receives we also have constant training on how we can better serve our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents who wander are typically best cared for in our Legacies (Memory Care) neighborhood. Legacies is a 24/7 secured environment. We also offer wander guards for those who don't necessarily wander but are best kept within the familiar area of the community.

Memory Care at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Escondido keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3500/month

• Overall:

About Pacifica Senior Living Escondido

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Escondido