Atria North Escondido

1342 North Escondido Blvd., Escondido, CA, 92026

Reviews of Atria North Escondido

Caring109961450 July 15, 2015

The staff was real helpful at the time that I checked out Atria North Escondido (Garden Park Villas). The apartments looked really nice. I took pictures of it and sent it to my mother, and she liked it. The rooms were fairly spacious. They offered little recreation around the facility, and they had excursions for a minimal fee. The dining area looked really nice, and the people seemed friendly. It looked like a fairly secure location.

Caring106901350 May 16, 2015

I thought Atria North Escondido is a wonderful facility. They seem to have plenty of activities for my mother, and the residents there seem to be very happy. It looked like they had good food. She is the one who will ultimately make the decision, but it looked good to me. I know of the place through my work because we deliver to their kitchen. Every time I've ever been there, whatever they were cooking smelled wonderful. They were clean, and they were very attentive. The apartments were very nice. We were looking at a one-bedroom, and they were wonderful. I didn't get into the kind of activities, but they do have various activities. They have everything from bingo to entertainment in house. They did have some stuff if you wanted to go out. If nothing else, they were able to provide activities that left the facility. I didn't really see anything that I thought that they really need to improve upon.

Robert106049650 May 14, 2015

Atria North Escondido has the memory thing which is the phase 2 of where my mother is probably going to end up. I found it to be good at everything. They have nice quality people, and the food was good when I had lunch there. The day we were there, they had a big thing going on where everybody was off on a bus. Everything about them has been a positive experience. The overall feel of the place was not as cheerful and bright though. It was also a different price point too.

Caring106739150 February 26, 2015

We put my father-in-law in Atria, and we are very happy with the local facility. We are very happy with it and very comfortable. He has a single room on the ground floor. The activities include bingo and card games as well as local outings to local casino. He has been there for four months, and we haven't seen anything negative yet. The staff is fine. The food is great, and everything is fine.

BEWARE!!! October 03, 2014

I had paid over $5000.00 to place my mother at this facility. After moving her belongings into a very nice room. They told me it would be better to place mom in the memory care section, which was more expensive. They put mom in their model room until I could get everything moved over to their memorycare section. After transferring all of her belongings I stopped in to visit with mom when I noticed her 60 year old 18k gold pendant of the Virgin Mary with the gold chain were GONE. This pendent was the size of a 50 cent coin, made in Italy and NEVER came off of her neck. It was removed from her neck and stollen while she slept. Their also was a new pair of pajamas and four pairs of Alfred Dunner pants missing.. All of this happened within a six day period. I immediately had her moved a third time OUT OF THERE. Mom still cries when she touches her neck and realizes her heirloom given to her from her aunt from Italy is gone and can never be replaced. This company was only willing to replace the cost of the pajamas.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the loss of your mother’s necklace and know that a formal investigation has been initiated and we have cooperated fully with the police in hopes it will be found. If you still feel unresolved, please reach out directly to customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including “Atria North Escondido” in your subject line so we may address these concerns with you personally.

Caring5593 June 14, 2013

Everything about Garden Park Villas was good. The price was great. The facility was good. They had just gone through an upgrade, so it's really fresh and new though it's 10 years old. It had a great environment and good security. This is one of our top options.

caring2217 April 30, 2013

The Garden Park Villas is more affordable than a lot of the other facilities, and it was recommended by the nursing facility for my father. They go to the casinos; they have card games, movies; things like that and entertainment. Overall, the facility is good.

SD Babs November 15, 2012

Nice and clean, plenty activities, and friendly employees. I visited and took daughter and daughter in law to check it out. My husband had Alzheimer's and wandered at night. No problem with 24 hour care and a secure memory care unit. He was there two months and in that time so many things went missing: mattress pads, towels, electric razor, eye glasses broken 3 times from sleeping with them, teeth not being brushed, infected blister on toe needing medical attention-bathing? changing socks and shoes? No one notice for five days. I have not actual information but story is he was punched by another resident, bloody heady, broken femur, and passed away 3 days after surgery. Upon retreiving his things, found bed wet with pee and made over with sheet. They have not given me any factual information and did not pick up mailed request for my husband's file. These are facts.

I am so sorry to learn of your experience with the previous owners. At Atria, we have the highest respect for our residents, families and staff. While we understand that the transition to new caregivers can be difficult, Atria is a well-respected leader in the senior living field with many satisfied employees and customers. Our goal is always to provide exceptional service for our residents as well as development and rewards for our staff. We are committed to nothing less than providing a clean and welcoming community with staff who genuinely respect and care for every resident. I encourage you to please stop by for a visit or contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if we can be of service to you and your family.

From Atria North Escondido

Located just 35 miles north of San Diego, Atria North Escondido offers a perfect blend of small-town charm and big city buzz for active older adults. Our purposefully designed indoor and outdoor spaces encourage a relaxed, healthy lifestyle. Local outings to Escondido’s historic downtown, vibrant arts venues, restaurants and the Westfield North County Regional Mall give residents plenty of opportunities to stay engaged with the larger community. We offer a variety of amenities such as our Residents’ Garden, media room and three full-service dining venues. Our 24-hour staff provides just the right amount of discreet support to help residents remain as independent as possible. And the specially trained employees in our innovative, secure Life Guidance® neighborhood care for those with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia.

Features of Atria North Escondido