Brookdale Englewood

95 West Wenger Road, Englewood, OH, 45322

Reviews of Brookdale Englewood

Julie36 June 30, 2014

We visited Brookdale Place, and we really liked that facility. I liked how it was set up. I liked the pod system because it broke them down into smaller units, and the central living area was really nice and very attractive. The atmosphere was very nice. There's not a whole of staff there, but it's good. We liked the rooms, particularly the two-bedroom units. They seemed spacious and bright. We looked at their menus, and it seemed fine. The grounds were very well kept, and it was very convenient to where we live.

Caring82056750 December 31, 2013

Brookdale Place was a really nice facility but it seemed to be set up more as assisted living. But in comparison to other facility we visited, this one seemed nicer. They have bigger rooms. The staff was very nice, very helpful and polite. I was impressed with this facility especially for assisted living.

Daughter-in-law5 October 30, 2013

Very nice facility with several spacious shared common areas that are set up like living rooms with fireplaces, sofas, chairs, T.V. and kitchens.

Private apartments/studios with large bathrooms for easy access for walkers and wheel chairs. Kitchenettes in private apartment/studios. I liked that the apartments are furnished with your own furniture.

Lots of daily activities and exercise available. Restaurant-like setting for dining, including an ice cream parlor. Seems like a charming place and staff are very friendly and attentive.

Judy45 October 23, 2013

I really liked the director at Brookdale Place. He was very kind and friendly. They allowed pets there and made it more of a home feel. The food there supposedly was made from scratch but I didn't sample it. The rooms were standard, small and clean and some had a little kitchenette.

Jennifer19 July 10, 2013

Brookdale is closer to my sister and the staff was very accommodating and responsive. Dad has been living there for about three months. The rooms are very clean, the dining room is spacious and I like the layout of the place with its interconnections. There are a lot of activities like bingo, socials, and they have a monthly focus for their trips. My dad says the food is good and he loves the department as he calls it.

Robin O. July 07, 2012

Our grandparents lived here for 5-10 years into their 90's. The setting is VERY homey, and doesn't feel like a nursing home or assisted living facility. Has a lovely dining room, and a private, formal dining room w/a fireplace that families can use for gatherings. The staff was excellent and friendly. The activities director had a full schedule of things to participate in, including outings on their small "bus" to see the fall colors, Christmas lights, shopping, restaurants, theater productions, etc... There is a large patio and large enclosed back yard for residents and their families to enjoy. There are smaller enclosed areas where residents can have small gardens. If we were looking for a place currently for a family member, we would definitely start our search with Brookdale.

caring sister1 May 08, 2012

This was my first experience finding a facility that caters to dementia/alzheimers patients. My brother was diagnosed 4 years ago and up to last year was living on his own. After several scary incidents - I realized that I had to put him in a facility where he would be safe. I looked at 6 different places in this area and finally felt the most comfortable with Brookdale Place. The people (from managment to caregivers to maintenance staff) were kind-hearted and caring, which was just what I was looking for. My brother has been there for a year now and I have watched him degenerate a little more each week as a part of who he was continues to be lost. I can't say he's happy there, but he is content in his own way. He has caused some problems, some with major consequences, but the people there are understanding and use their senses of humor to get through the situations. Not always easy to do. I chose Brookdale Place because at the time I felt it was the best facility in this area to offer assisted living for dementia & alzheimer patients. By giving them an assisted living atmosphere, the patient's dignity and pride are spared and they are able to still feel some worth in their lives which are diminishing in the lifestyle they've always known. I can't recommend this facility enough as a safe, caring place for your loved ones who suffer from these diseases.

Becky2 September 30, 2011

This assisted living facility has a very nice environment. It is a smaller facility with various optional activities for the tenants that run all day. The rooms very in layout, but are setup so they have a nice home environment. Each one has a small kitchenette wich they can use for there meals if they do not want what is being served in the dining area. The staff is very friendly and helpful to the tenants, they check on them every so often to see if the tenants are in need of anything. The facility is well staffed during the week, however they are short staffed on the weekends, which can cause issues when a tenant is in need of management help. The facility also has a very nice courtyard which is setup with tables and chairs, so the tenants can enjoy the fresh air. All and all I this is a very nice facility and the employees are good people.

From Brookdale Englewood

Brookdale Englewood provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.

Location of Brookdale Englewood