Meridian Englewood

3455 South Corona Street, Englewood, CO, 80113

Reviews of Meridian Englewood

Mark103735650 April 03, 2015

We really like The Meridian (Englewood). We got to meet a lot of residents there. We just really like the activity that was going on. We like the facility itself. We looked at some rooms there and just felt that it had a great feeling of an assisted care facility. There were so many activities. They were getting to do a piano show at that time. We also witnessed games. We saw a lot of physical therapy going on. We saw some of the residents down in the library putting together a puzzle, and they were having a lot of fun doing that. They also had a snack bar area. It just felt really good.

anonymous104561850 January 17, 2015

The Meridian was very nice. The staff seemed very knowledgeable, and I think they were well staffed. They were very helpful, and they answered all my questions. They had several dining areas. The rooms were very nice and adequate in size. They have a variety of activities, and they have a library.

Brent3 December 17, 2014

The one that I would give serious consideration to was The Meridian. It seemed to be reasonable. It didn't seem to have a lot of extra charges for the things I wouldn't use. The rooms were nice. You didn't have to eat every meal. They had a library and a reading room. The location was good. It was close to shopping and stores.

Linda97230450 November 29, 2014

My mom liked The Meridian because there were more active people in it. She likes being in one building and just going to different floors as opposed to going outside in the winter. In her previous facility, when she wanted to go to extra things, she had to leave the building because there were 4 buildings.

She likes all of the staff. They're just very friendly and very helpful if she needs something. It's not apartment like. She has a living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. The dining room was really wonderful, and the food was nicely portioned -- just adequate and very well fixed. It was a great meal when we ate there. It's a lot closer to my brother who lives in Littleton. He's 10 minutes from mom, so if she needs any help or anything, he can get over there quickly. She's happier because there are more people that are active, so she's liking that a lot.

Jacque3 June 17, 2014

We looked at the Meridian, and I thought it was very nice. It was a little bit older, but it had a lot of different floor plans, and they were very nice. The people were very nice. We talked to people who had been there for about 25 years, and they loved it still. They had a game room, movie theater room, and they do movies every night. They go on outings. They had happy hour. It was our second choice. It just didn't work because of its location. It was just a little too far.

Carol83216950 April 30, 2014

The Meridian was very good. The only thing is Leonard is only 53, and with them, it's mainly elderly. The average age, they said, was about 85, and so Leonard had a problem with that, plus he didn't get his own room. He had to share a room. Those were the two reasons why we didn't go for it.

It was very clean. Everyone was attentive and friendly. They had all kinds of activities. We went there on a Sunday morning, and they have a café down there at the bottom or on the main level that they were doing brunch for the clients. There were a lot of people going in for the brunch. It was socially oriented for Leonard. The food smelled good, and it sounded appetizing. It was very nice for seniors.

Mike & Scott April 02, 2014

The Meridian was super. It's 100% top notch. They gave us a tour, they made us feel at home, they served us cookies and water, and they showed a couple of units, including a beauty salon. They're very pleasant people. The place was very clean and very modern. I had no complaints. That place was awesome. It was a Taj Mahal. The rooms are great, and they had a good selection. From what I saw, there was a lot of interaction going on between tenants. I wish it was in my mom's price range, though. That's where I want to put her. But they said that they take no government subsidies. Mom is on a very limited income.

Clydelia February 28, 2014

I was looking for a place for my aunt who's going blind. So I was looking for a place where I could get to her and take her where she needed to go and be with her. I'm just outside of Englewood. I like the fact that Meridian was very close to where I live. They were very nice and very cordial. I was really pleased with them. The lady at the front desk was very nice.

The rooms were lovely. They have a 2-bedroom that I like. But they tell me they're remodeling, and I'm sure they have by this time. It's probably even more lovely than it was then. The apartments were very pretty and nice. It was reasonably priced. I know some people who live in Meridian. They're very happy there. It was a charming place.

Julie Norblom February 04, 2014

I have had the pleasure to work with Englewood Meridian on several occasions over the past few years and all our clients speak very highly of the community they live in. I think the most talked about is the Dining services at Englewood Meridian. I actually was sharing lunch with a client and the chef came out personally to see how everyone was liking the meal. I certainly enjoyed my lunch that day. The staff was so professional and attentive, I felt like I was in a nice restaurant . We have taken care of clients in all Levels at the Meridian. They have independent memory care and skilled care all in one building. I like that a lot about Englewood Meridian. Once you move in you never have to move out. Just kudos to everyone that works there!

chrisw5125 May 18, 2013

I would be leary of this facility. The only reason I state this is because of the Nursing Services Director. Although she speaks in an eloquent manner, her background and experience show otherwise. She had ZERO experience in administrative aptitude and her license shows nothing but 19 years experience as a CNA and she was dismissed from both leadership positions previously held. I removed my loved one after one conversation with her!

mom's girl1 August 03, 2011

The Meridian is a first-class senior living community. Located near Swedish and Porter Hospitals in Englewood, Co. A large, third floor hospital care is available to residents who are able to dress themselves and sit for meals in the multiple dining rooms. Residents with early stage Alzheimers are accepted. Peaks, a nursing care facility in the building, delivers resident's meds and does light housework for a contracted fee. Peaks uses Omnicare of Golden, not Medicare, as its medical provider. A beautiful, newly redecorated dining room is available on main floor featuring a multi-talented chef.

From Meridian Englewood

The Meridian (Englewood) provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Englewood, CO community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at The Meridian (Englewood) can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of The Meridian (Englewood) is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Englewood, CO community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Meridian Englewood

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Meridian Englewood