The Cottages of Emmett

411 E 12th St, Emmett, ID, 83617

Reviews of The Cottages of Emmett

Fayee August 30, 2013

The clients spend most of their time in their rooms. My mom has been there now for 8 weeks and I have yet to see them do any physical exercise. My mom's shoulders and back hurts and she says it's because she just lays around all the time or sits in her chair. She isn't allowed to go outside and I know of only one time that a mental therapist took her on a walk. She doesn't wash her own cloths, do dishes, clean tables or desks, nor does she care for plants like she did at home. She doesn't have a phone and the one in the building doesn't work well. She used to love to visit at night and now we are being told not to call in the evening at all if you can ever get anyone on the phone. My mom has gone down hill since being at the Cottages and says to me that she is forgetting how to talk. One day I bought gourds for her and other residents to paint. I was later told I need to stop as the residents are getting over stimulated. On another occasion my daughter played songs like BINGO and Itchy Bitcy Spider as the residence sang a long and I was told to make arrangements in the future as the residents got too stimulated. When the administrator told us we had to stop one resident shouted out, " Fun on the playground is over and we have to go to our rooms." The administrated replied, "We need to get ready for dinner and the resident responded, " This is more fun then eating. All we ever do is eat and sleep." The administrator like to keep things quiet and folks in their rooms and if they come out of their rooms and do activities with folks other then the mental therapist she gets upset. They say they are a memory care facility. I think not. I haven't seen one plan for memory care for my mom. All I see is locked doors, warning systems on the her door, and nobody has talked to me about who my mom was before the illness as they claim they do to get to know their patients. Mom is losing ground but their pay check keeps coming in. The gals that work for the administrator are great. The administrator is not.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From The Cottages of Emmett

Our Administrator, Doris Foruria, has been with The Cottages since we opened our first assisted living home in 2001. Doris was honored with the Health Care Hero Award for Elder Care by the Idaho Business Review in 2008. Emmett, Idaho - The Cottages - Assisted Living Facility Alzheimer's and Dementia Care One of the two buildings in Emmett is a secured unit with a staff that is specially trained to care for seniors with Alzheimer's and dementia. The Cottages of Emmett is an active member of the Gem County Chamber of Commerce and a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business.

Location of The Cottages of Emmett