Brookdale Emerson

590 Old Hook Road, Emerson, NJ, 07630

Reviews of Brookdale Emerson

Robert67036150 January 30, 2014

My sister told me about Emeritus at Emerson and also a doctor recommended me to this facility. Everything seemed okay except money wise. I like that the facility is quite. I know they have indoor activities as well as outdoor activities like they go to the malls.

Jasmine5 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Emerson was lovely. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. It looked like a regular apartment complex. The woman who talked to and took me for a tour was very sweet.

Joe13 April 11, 2013

Emerson wasn't as clean and as neat. The walls were scratched up and the place looked dirty here and there. One bathroom that I used was pulled off the wall. To me, the maintenance department wasn't on top of things. The staff was fine but it was just the maintenance of the place that bothered me.

Caring9317 March 13, 2013

It was a very nice and clean place. I like the programs. I thought that they were comparable to the other homes in the area. They seemed to be more than willing to address any concerns that I might have. They wanted to meet my mother but I'm not ready to move her yet. They have a lot of activities there like computers, art, gym and religious activities.

campcamp September 19, 2012

The facility was very warm and vibrant for the most part. The staff seemed somewhat stressed and overworked but friendly at the same time. The fact that they looked overworked seemed like cause for concern on my part and my mother and father were sometimes displeased with the attention, or lack there of it, my grandfather may have received. By the same token, we had looked, as a family, into other nursing homes. Some of which, were even in closer proximity but this was by far where he felt the most comfortable and where we felt comfortable placing him. The amenities and facilities were nice. It was nice that they kept him active and part of the community as much as possible. They frequently played games and did other activities together. On the whole we were pleased by their services.

maiya July 30, 2012

The facility is located on the outskirts of the city so there is no much noise present, but it is not too much far away from the city so visitors can come anytime. There are many types of rooms including solo, double and companion rooms as well as studios. The rooms are well-lit with comfortable beds. In each room there is an emergency button so patients can call emergency service staff which is there 24 hours a day. There are also common rooms: TV room, chapel, wellness center, laundry, dining room and also a library. There is a special program for patients with Alzheimer's disease: the staff is trying to be the part of their moment rather than bringing them back to reality. Mentioning the staff, they are well trained, full of compassion and they treat every patient differently, depending on his/her needs. There is a transportation service from and to hospital if needed. There are three meals a day, meal plan is flexible which means that patient can choose what and when to eat, as well as various snacks.

jmkalmar June 02, 2012

Over all the staff and the facility were very good, the other people living in the place were not always nice at all.

Liza1 January 24, 2012

My father has just spent his first night at Emeritus, so I cannot say much about his stay so far, but I can say that, for the first night in a long time I slept soundly knowing he was safe. My experience with Emeritus during the process of getting my father situated there has been nothing short of wonderful. They have been extremely accomodating to our family, letting us set up his room as we liked, understanding and being helpful with all the paper work and all of our questions, and making this very difficult process for us, as simple and smooth as possible. The staff is so very friendly and kind to my father and to us that it warms the heart, and the attention to detail, even to the point of the nice welcome sign for my father in the main lobby yesterday is fantastic. I am so grateful that such places exist where the elderly can be well cared for in a clean and safe environment, and still enjoy a measure of independent living, and I truly hope that other families who are going through similar situations can come to realize the value of places life Emeritus, Emeritus, by the way, means "retire with dignity". So far, I can clearly see that they are living up to this motto. My heartfelt thanks to the staff and God Bless!

From Brookdale Emerson

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Emerson