Heartlands at Ellicott City Assisted Living

3004 North Ridge Road, Ellicott City, MD, 21043

Reviews of Heartlands at Ellicott City | Assisted Living

January 30, 2014

By Laura27

My dad stayed in Heartlands. He's been there a year. They're great. I have nothing negative to say whatsoever other than it's expensive. My father mostly enjoys that there's a lot of musical entertainment that comes in but they also do all the usual stuff. They do the bingo, the trivia games. You can attend mass or any other service three times a week at different times. They do movies, they go on short day trips. They have buses that can carry even those that are in wheelchairs. They can take them shopping, there's a regular schedule. You just sign up and all of that is included. It's a wonderful place. My father does not complain much about the food at all, they have their choices. It's set up just like a restaurant dining. It's sit-down table service. They're offered three, four different entrees to choose from. My father feels comfortable there. He says the people are very caring. He is restricted to a wheelchair but he's trying to do some physical therapy to get some activity back. He doesn't have any debilitating diseases but he's getting the assistance that he needs. He does need someone there to assist him with the shower twice a week and that's all he needs. They help him dress and his main compliment is they're very caring. If you need something, they don't make you feel uncomfortable asking for their help.

September 19, 2013

By Mollie1

The Heartlands is just right next door to another facility. It offers many amenities, like a beauty salon, an exercise room and a swimming pool. In their exercise room, there are exercise bicycles, treadmills, etc. They have outings for their residents and plenty of other onsite activities as well. Everything is pretty much right there. Their dining room is nice. They serve meals cafeteria style wherein you walk in and get whatever food you want. It is actually very nice. The staff there is very friendly, very accommodating and willing to answer any questions you have. They even ask my sister-in-law what she wants that they could add to their program.

July 25, 2013

By Bob35

Heartlands at Ellicott City have 48 acres of land and it is a beautiful place. They have small bungalows, efficiency apartments and one-bedroom apartments. The bungalows are spread throughout the property. They also have a nice little patio. This community is close to my granddaughter so I can visit my two great-grandchildren, and for me, that is the best thing that I like about Heartlands.

July 24, 2013

Heartlands at Ellicott City was a very nice facility but it was very expensive. It was beautiful and top of the line. They had a lot of activities so it was good for active adults, however, my mom had a sedentary lifestyle. The staff were very accommodating and friendly.

June 19, 2013

By JoAnn M.

Heartlands is six times more than we can afford. It's way too much, $4000 a month, that's more than I pay for my house. They said if I wanted to, we could go through the VA. My father was a veteran but what they said was I would actually have to pay for this facility and the VA would retroactively pay us back. Well, I can't afford that. They said it could be up to six months. The room was okay, it was a nice room. The grounds were beautiful and the staff was very nice. I talked to the director and he was very nice. He was very helpful and told me about the VA. He contacted me once but of course I haven't reciprocated because I can't afford it. He said that's the only way we can do it. They don't do Medicare or Medicaid. They have studios, one bedrooms and two bedrooms. I couldn't even afford a studio because all she has is social security. Everything else was gorgeous. People who live there were very nice. I talked with a couple of people while on the tour and they said they're very happy. One has been there for fifteen years and she really liked it. I would love for my mother to live there because it's very close to us, but I can't afford it.

October 25, 2012

By John1007abc

The facility seemed to very well kept. The grounds were well kept, and the building seemed to be newer construction. The facility had a warm welcoming feeling upon entering, not like you were entering a facility, but rather an extended home. The personnel were all extremely friendly and helpful. My family member seemed to really enjoy their stay given the circumstances. One thing that always stands out to me is how well kept public restrooms are. they were extremely well kept. The only issue I had was one older gentlemen seemed to be walking around with the back of his garments open, this gentlemen seemed to have a mental condition. I notified a facility employee who quickly came to the gentlemens assistance. When I asked how my family member felt about the food, he said it was "Okay, but not terrible" Upon leaving the facility I felt comfortable knowing my family member was residing there, and felt that the facility was well maintained, and employees seemed caring and helpful.

May 31, 2012

By 2manydogs1

The facility provided excellent care for my mother. All levels of social interaction, congregant meals in a restaurant setting, mixing of social skills and activities. My mother spent 2.5 years there. They were quick to call me about changes in her condition and when extra care was needed. They were a little alarmist when she walked out the door unattended - she had been placed there due to her wandering, and her wandering suddenly labeled her as an "eloper". we successfully fought to keep her in place - but not with the approval of the facility administration. the staff were lovely and the medical staff first rate.

May 20, 2012

By SDavis1

This place was really breathtaking for my family and I. The staff was super helpful and nice. We scheduled a visit and got to tour the entire facility along with meeting on-site healthcare staff as well as current residents. We were also given brochures and they also provided brunch for us. My grandmother is convinced that Heartland is the right choice for her!

Photos of Heartlands at Ellicott City

• Vegetarian

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 13AL166

About Heartlands at Ellicott City

Heartlands at Ellicott City offers compassionate senior care in Ellicott City, MD. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Heartlands at Ellicott City shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Ellicott City, MD.

Heartlands Village is located on a 48 acre campus close to Baltimore and Washington DC, yet nestled in a country setting minutes away from Historic Ellicott City. We offer independent living, assisted living, and out-patient rehabilitation with many cottage and apartment options.

Map of Heartlands at Ellicott City