Heartlands at Ellicott City

3004 North Ridge Road, Ellicott City, MD, 21043

Reviews of Heartlands at Ellicott City

George110464750 June 29, 2015

At the moment, we are going to have to leave her at the Heartlands at least for a while because the other places that I checked, the bottomline is the price comes out about the same. We like where she is, and it is really close to me. We had looked at a least a dozen places before we moved my mother there, and my wife sings in their chorus, she visits a lot of assisted living places, and this is one of the places that she likes. You walk in, the place is always clean, and they have a very friendly staff. They are so accommodating with everything. We have thrown maybe five parties there, they offered the room up to us, and all we did was clean it up when we leave. There is no charge or anything. They are always available. I go over there -- and one or two of my brothers -- at least once a week and have lunch with her in their dining area. They always have a table for us.

Pretty regularly, she gets her bath. She has had some intestinal issues, and they pretty well keep up with cleaning her up and keeping the place clean. She can't go through Omnicare -- their normal supplier -- so she has to go through Tricare for her medication, and they have accommodated that. They take care of her medications, so they call me every time there is an issue. I am quite impressed with the place. First of all, it is six miles away from me -- and I am the primary individual in my family that has to attend to her doctors' visits as a matter of fact -- so it is a close location. Their billing is right on top, and we don't have any issue. The only issue that we have is that it is too pricey, but that kind of comes with assisted living. She is a level 10 care -- she needs extra care and stuff -- and they are there for her whenever she needs them.

Janet80973850 April 10, 2014

My mother has just moved into HeartLands at Ellicott City this February. The facility is very nice and very clean. It is a little homier than the other facility we visited. The people there are extremely nice and very personable. The staff is extremely friendly and extremely helpful. Anything you ask, they are more than willing to do. The residents would come out and greet you in the hallways. They have a hospitality team there. On my mother's first day there, the lady in charge of it came and introduced herself and arranged the next night to have dinner with my mother to introduce her with some of the people. It is very nice. My mom has a very large one-bedroom apartment. She was able to take all of her living room furniture, all of her bedroom furniture, and a dining room table with four chairs, and yet there is still plenty of room in the apartment. She also has a full kitchen, a full refrigerator, and a stove. Mom gets breakfast and dinner that are included in the price. The first night, we had dinner together, and the food was excellent. They also have activities all day long. They have everything. Like every Thursday, they take them on trips wherever they have signed up for.

Caring78528550 March 31, 2014

We love the grounds at the Heartlands Village. It was conducive to more of beauty and nature. It was also spread out more, so you can walk around the facility. They also had different types of living spaces, and so we thought that was an advantage of that place. What we liked about their activities is that they had a lot more rooms for activities. I just think that this facility is a little older, and so it had an older feeling about it and probably needs more of an upgrade.

Laura27 January 30, 2014

My dad stayed in Heartlands. He's been there a year. They're great. I have nothing negative to say whatsoever other than it's expensive. My father mostly enjoys that there's a lot of musical entertainment that comes in but they also do all the usual stuff. They do the bingo, the trivia games. You can attend mass or any other service three times a week at different times. They do movies, they go on short day trips. They have buses that can carry even those that are in wheelchairs. They can take them shopping, there's a regular schedule. You just sign up and all of that is included. It's a wonderful place.

My father does not complain much about the food at all, they have their choices. It's set up just like a restaurant dining. It's sit-down table service. They're offered three, four different entrees to choose from. My father feels comfortable there. He says the people are very caring. He is restricted to a wheelchair but he's trying to do some physical therapy to get some activity back. He doesn't have any debilitating diseases but he's getting the assistance that he needs. He does need someone there to assist him with the shower twice a week and that's all he needs. They help him dress and his main compliment is they're very caring. If you need something, they don't make you feel uncomfortable asking for their help.

Mollie1 September 20, 2013

The Heartlands is just right next door to another facility. It offers many amenities, like a beauty salon, an exercise room and a swimming pool. In their exercise room, there are exercise bicycles, treadmills, etc. They have outings for their residents and plenty of other onsite activities as well. Everything is pretty much right there. Their dining room is nice. They serve meals cafeteria style wherein you walk in and get whatever food you want. It is actually very nice. The staff there is very friendly, very accommodating and willing to answer any questions you have. They even ask my sister-in-law what she wants that they could add to their program.

Bob35 July 25, 2013

Heartlands at Ellicott City have 48 acres of land and it is a beautiful place. They have small bungalows, efficiency apartments and one-bedroom apartments. The bungalows are spread throughout the property. They also have a nice little patio. This community is close to my granddaughter so I can visit my two great-grandchildren, and for me, that is the best thing that I like about Heartlands.

Caring92 July 24, 2013

Heartlands at Ellicott City was a very nice facility but it was very expensive. It was beautiful and top of the line. They had a lot of activities so it was good for active adults, however, my mom had a sedentary lifestyle. The staff were very accommodating and friendly.

JoAnn M. June 19, 2013

Heartlands is six times more than we can afford. It's way too much, $4000 a month, that's more than I pay for my house. They said if I wanted to, we could go through the VA. My father was a veteran but what they said was I would actually have to pay for this facility and the VA would retroactively pay us back. Well, I can't afford that. They said it could be up to six months. The room was okay, it was a nice room. The grounds were beautiful and the staff was very nice. I talked to the director and he was very nice. He was very helpful and told me about the VA. He contacted me once but of course I haven't reciprocated because I can't afford it. He said that's the only way we can do it. They don't do Medicare or Medicaid. They have studios, one bedrooms and two bedrooms. I couldn't even afford a studio because all she has is social security. Everything else was gorgeous. People who live there were very nice. I talked with a couple of people while on the tour and they said they're very happy. One has been there for fifteen years and she really liked it. I would love for my mother to live there because it's very close to us, but I can't afford it.

John1007abc October 25, 2012

The facility seemed to very well kept. The grounds were well kept, and the building seemed to be newer construction. The facility had a warm welcoming feeling upon entering, not like you were entering a facility, but rather an extended home. The personnel were all extremely friendly and helpful. My family member seemed to really enjoy their stay given the circumstances. One thing that always stands out to me is how well kept public restrooms are. they were extremely well kept. The only issue I had was one older gentlemen seemed to be walking around with the back of his garments open, this gentlemen seemed to have a mental condition. I notified a facility employee who quickly came to the gentlemens assistance. When I asked how my family member felt about the food, he said it was "Okay, but not terrible" Upon leaving the facility I felt comfortable knowing my family member was residing there, and felt that the facility was well maintained, and employees seemed caring and helpful.

2manydogs1 May 31, 2012

The facility provided excellent care for my mother. All levels of social interaction, congregant meals in a restaurant setting, mixing of social skills and activities. My mother spent 2.5 years there. They were quick to call me about changes in her condition and when extra care was needed. They were a little alarmist when she walked out the door unattended - she had been placed there due to her wandering, and her wandering suddenly labeled her as an "eloper". we successfully fought to keep her in place - but not with the approval of the facility administration. the staff were lovely and the medical staff first rate.

SDavis1 May 21, 2012

This place was really breathtaking for my family and I. The staff was super helpful and nice. We scheduled a visit and got to tour the entire facility along with meeting on-site healthcare staff as well as current residents. We were also given brochures and they also provided brunch for us. My grandmother is convinced that Heartland is the right choice for her!

From Heartlands at Ellicott City

Heartlands at Ellicott City offers compassionate senior care in Ellicott City, MD. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Heartlands at Ellicott City shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Ellicott City, MD.

Features of Heartlands at Ellicott City

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 13AL166