Basecost

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Alexian Village of Elk Grove

24 Hours of Happy by Pathway Senior Living #HAPPYDAY

Welcome home to affordable apartments and supportive living for seniors . . . and welcome home to Alexian Village of Elk Grove!

Alexian Village of Elk Grove offers a supportive living community for adults 65 and older. Our vision is to create life-enriching environments where you or your loved one can lead engaging, meaningful and purpose filled lives.

Our exceptional staff delivers a coordinated care approach through supportive services, quality environments and award-winning programs to enhance your lifestyle and provide you – and your family – with dignity, privacy, respect, and peace of mind.

Our all-inclusive service package and financial safety net, for those who apply and qualify, provides you with peace of mind for your financial well-being. A comprehensive assessment results in a customized care plan that tailors services to your needs. Here is just some of what Alexian Village of Elk Grove can offer you or your loved one…

• 24-staffing by certified personnel
  • Three delicious, well-balanced meals through our SenseSations dining program each day plus snacks
  • Wellness programs that focus on the strengths and interests of our residents and gives them the opportunity to lead groups, take an active role in their lives and environment, and learn new things.
  • Daily assurance checks
  • Disease prevention counseling and education on self-care
  • Resident and family education and support
  • Monitoring of resident call system located in your apartment’s bathroom and bedroom
  • Move-in coordination

Scroll through this webpage for a listing of additional amenities.

LIVE WELL, AGE WELL, BE WELL at Alexian Village of Elk Grove

At Pathway Senior Living, we think about aging differently. We value elderhood as a viable and productive period of human life. We focus on providing WELL care, not sick care. We take a holistic and proactive approach to enhancing our residents' lives. Our approach is so unique and so deeply engrained in our culture that we even have our own name for it - we call it "VIVA!" VIVA! is an enthusiastic celebration of life! It is far-reaching and all-encompassing. VIVA! sets the tone for the personalized way we care for our residents...our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being. VIVA! offers a whole new way of living life to the fullest!

Reviews of Alexian Village of Elk Grove

Posted by Caring108410750 June 15, 2015

We liked Alexian Village very much. Every person was so accommodating. They tried to follow through and checked back with us. Everyone was wonderful. I will absolutely recommend it.

Posted by Bill106178450 May 28, 2015
4.0

Alexian Village is pretty conscientious, and they give us an alert when something arises as far as infections, i.e., bladder infections. They keep my mother pretty active as she wants to be. She has been there a little over a year now, and overall it's been a fairly good experience. It is very good, very uplifting, and clean. They have all the traditional trips to different facilities, they bring people in periodically for entertainment, and they've got bingo. They also have a place to walk outside that's gated in the back.

Posted by Eunice M May 08, 2015
1.0

I will never forget the visit that I had with my aunt at Alexian Village on Monday, May 4, 2015. I had come from Michigan to visit. After my experience at this facility I determined that I had seen some incidents that gave me real insights into the challenges faced by this facility in providing a high level of care.

When I first arrived I immediately smelled urine. My aunt is incontinent, so that smell cannot be avoided entirely. However, my first test of any longer term care facility is the smell of urine, so I was a little troubled. I waited. I finally asked that she be changed after being with her 2 ½ hours. What I observed is that the diaper was so heavy and soaked with urine that I wondered if she had even been changed earlier in the day.

We arrived at lunchtime, and as my aunt was eating I noticed her severely swollen hand and arm. My aunt could not lift the arm nor use it to eat. She explained to me several times that she was experiencing severe pain throughout her lunch. I went to the nurses station and they told me that they had seen her arm and that she had fallen out of bed over the previous weekend. I should not be concerned. I was concerned. I was observing swelling and an angry redness all along my aunt's right arm and hand. The swelling in her hand was so severe that her fingers looked like balloons all the way to her fingertips. I asked that my aunt's daughter be called . The nurse explained to my cousin that they had noticed the arm and had determined that it would heal on its own. Meanwhile the hospice nurse had looked at the arm and hand and had come down to the nurses station. She stated clearly that the arm and hand was now traumatized and should be Xrayed asap.

Both of these incidents raise troubling questions for me. Why would my aunt not be changed in a timely manner, especially since she was just now healing from bedsores on her bottom? How could the deteriorating condition of my aunt's arm since the fall out of bed not have been observed by any number of staff over the previous 24-48 hours? It turned out that the arm was not broken. But what if it had been broken? How long would she have had to wait to receive care and also to receive medication to help reduce the pain and swelling? As it was I had to prompt the staff to administer some pain meds to my aunt. I do not know if they continued with pain meds after I left.

Finally, I know that this facility has had bouts of flu recently that have run rampant. At my visit I noticed many dirty coffee cups around the sink area in her room. Disposing of dirty dishes seems critical to me in helping control a flu outbreak. In addition, my aunt was so thirsty that I cleaned one out in order to give her some clean water. I saw no glasses in my aunt's room that would tell me that clean water was being brought around to each resident on a daily basis.

I have much to study regarding the rules in place for assisted living facilities in Illinois. If the guidelines do not cover what is a basic level of quality of care in these facilities, then I would suggest that advocates must come forward asap to address these challenges at every level.

This particular home has a wonderful front desk with a friendly receptionist. They provide strawberry infused water for guests upon arrival. Unfortunately that is not enough. We expect so much more for our elderly loved ones.

Posted by Kathy70 April 27, 2015

This was not my first rodeo when it came to finding a home for my 90+ year-old mother. I've been through it twice before with my in-laws. When it comes to making a decision for finding a home for a patient, it's an approach/avoidance conflict issue: we know it has to be done, but we don't want to make the decision. Hence, on visiting a facility, I've had to decide whether I didn't like the facility and the care or my apprehension was that I didn't like the whole idea of placing mom in a facility.

First, Alexian Village came highly recommended by a friend who works in the healthcare field. Since I live out of state, my brother visited Alexian Village the first time. Then, I came down, met with the staff and took a hard look. I liked it.

I looked past the wheelchairs and walkers since they're a given in such facilities. I looked for cleanliness, attentiveness, and calm, smiling residents. I asked pointed questions. And Pathways communities are part of Illinois' Supportive Living plan, so when Mom runs out of money, she can stay for the rest of her life with what she can afford. Trust me, it doesn't get better than that. In MI where I live, Medicaid beds are at a premium, you run out of money, you have to find and move to another facility. Not good for older people.

Mom has been at Alexian Village for over a year now. She's happy and well taken care of. Have we had communication issues? Who doesn't? But our concerns have been addressed. Mom's in hospice now, in her Alexian Village home. She will stay there for the rest of her life. And I am confident, she's in a good, caring environment.

Posted by Lynn43 April 18, 2015
4.0

I really liked Alexian Village of Elk Grove, but it was too expensive, which was really disappointing. The staff were very nice. I liked the apartments. There was a nice little outdoor area where they could sit outside. The units and the hallway look more personal. They could personalize the outside of each unit, which gave them that homey feeling.

Posted by Steve S.1 April 05, 2015

My uncle is a resident of Alexian Village of Elk Grove Illinois. I am his power-of-attorney for all health and property related matters, so I have had considerable interaction with staff in all departments at Alexian Village. Suffice it to say, my uncle loves Alexian Village and is very appreciative of all the support he receives from the enthusiastic individuals who work there. It is clear from my conversations and visits with my uncle that he is very happy and healthy at Alexian Village. He feels that all his needs are handled responsively and responsibly. My uncle feels the food is perfect. He is allowed to have a pet, which is great because he loves his cat. His room never smells because laundry is done routinely, housecleaning is on top of room maintenance and twice daily garbage pick-up. There are no shortcomings in the service my uncle receives.

We are quite appreciative of all those who support the residents at Alexian Village. I do want to make special mention of one individual, Lauren. Lauren goes out of her way to assist my uncle and other residents, making them feel comfortable and secure. Lauren was the face of Alexian Village when we first visited the residence to learn if it was the right place for our uncle. From the beginning Lauren made us feel welcomed, and that our uncle would be special to them. Lauren has helped us in so many instances, whether it was directing us to the right people to handle Medicaid issues or to understand rules pertaining to resident care and residency. She always gets back to us quickly whenever we have any questions. Lauren has even gone out of her way to help my uncle maintain a secure and sanitary environment for his cat!

There are others within the ranks of the administration and staff who have gone out of their way for my uncle. I could go on and on. We frequently talk about how incredibly grateful we are to have discovered Alexian Village!

Posted by Mike687 November 13, 2014
2.0

It felt like a nursing home. Old people sleeping all over.

Posted by cirene November 05, 2014

We moved our mother to Alexian from another facility and WOW! We didn’t realize there would be such a remarkable difference. It is clear that the staff really cares about her and cares about providing comfort and support to her. Multiple staff members have gone above and beyond to help her - finding lost object, helping her organize and clean out her room. Mom used to be suspicious and fearful in the old facility – due to the exceptional care she has received at Alexian, she is now calm, smiling, and happy. We are very grateful for their excellent, compassionate service!

Posted by Caring76801650 January 31, 2014

Alexian Village is where we wanted my parents to go to. You can stay all the way to the end. You can get converted over to your government insurance after you ran out of money. However, we couldn't go there because my father made too much money. It's a very nice place. They have TV rooms, exercises, crafts, and different activities.

Posted by Faye2 August 29, 2013

Alexian Village's grounds were fabulous. They have the most beautiful flowers. Everything was great. There is a hospital just right across the street. I saw one of their apartments. It was very nice, clean and painted nicely. They also have a clean laundry room in the facility. Everyone was nice. The staff was very nice. The one who toured me around answered anything that I wanted to know. Alexian Village was a very good place in to stay; however, I have cancer and my legs are weak and I have to do a lot of walking just to get to their apartment building.

Posted by Elaine8 May 14, 2013
4.0

I liked the location of Alexian Village of Elk Grove but I did not like the facility as much as the others. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Posted by ktowne December 22, 2012

In my experience, the facility was fantastic... My grandmother was extremely happy there and all of her fellow residents seemed to be happy, healthy, and got along well with all of the staff members. Before my grandmother became hospitalized, she loved living there and truly cared about her neighbors and the staff. The rooms were very clean and roomy. The bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen were surprisingly well-equipped and modern. To be honest, I was kind of jealous! The grounds of this place were quite nice and the place looked just beautiful from the street. I felt comfortable with her stay there because she was happy and was very close to other residents there. It was very easy to visit her and we were welcomed by the staff with open arms. I will admit that this was some years ago but I have not heard anything different since she was living there. I am glad that she was able to spend the last few years of her life in such a loving environment.

Posted by Liljoy September 27, 2012
4.0

Upon entering, the staff at Alexian is very friendly and helpful. The first time we went there, they showed us around and even walked us to my great uncle's room. They seemed both professional and caring. The facility is great and offers a lot of activities for their residents. My great uncle isn't particularly active there, mostly because he forgets to go to events they have planned and sometimes forgets that he attended them. He has found, with help of the staff there, some friends who come get him for events, along with a group to play cards with. He laughs that there are a lot more women than men there and he isn't about to take on a wife since he hasn't had one for 80 some years. The food there is nutritious and the food service is well organized. We have even had the pleasure of eating with him there a few times and actually found our food to be pretty tasty. The outdoor grounds are beautiful. We love taking him for short walks and sitting on the benches. I find his actual room (apartment) to be a bit small, but I suppose for one person, there isn't a need for a lot of space. He has had to go the ER a couple of times during his stay there and the staff has been helpful and prompt in letting our family know immediately when the situation occurs. While there is staff on duty 24 hours a day, we have had a couple of times when we have picked him up for a family event and had a difficult time getting him back in, as no one was there to open the door and it's locked I believe after 8 AM. Another time we had called to let them know we would be picking him up, as requested by a staff member, so that they could give him time to be ready. When we arrived, it hadn't been communicated to him. I suppose it's possible he forgot, but the nurse on duty didn't seem to know anything about it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this facility to people seeking care for loved ones.

Location of Alexian Village of Elk Grove

Features of Alexian Village of Elk Grove

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Emergency call system, Gazebo

• Dining extra: Meals can be delivered to a resident's apartment if the resident is ill or unable to attend a meal

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Our award-winning VIVA! life-enrichment programs earn praises from residents, staff, and the senior housing industry for its innovative, resident-centered approach to caring. VIVA! offers something for everyone!

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: Our care-staff to resident ratio exceeds state regulations
  • Minimum age: 65

• Lowest monthly rate: 4,499
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Technology extra: Apartments come cable & telephone ready should the resident choose to purchase those services from an outside vendor.
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Financial guidance extra: Medicaid Not Accepted
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid