Alexian Village of Elk Grove Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.1

April 27, 2015

By Kathy70

This was not my first rodeo when it came to finding a home for my 90+ year-old mother. I've been through it twice before with my in-laws. When it comes to making a decision for finding a home for a patient, it's an approach/avoidance conflict issue: we know it has to be done, but we don't want to make the decision. Hence, on visiting a facility, I've had to decide whether I didn't like the facility and the care or my apprehension was that I didn't like the whole idea of placing mom in a facility. First, Alexian Village came highly recommended by a friend who works in the healthcare field. Since I live out of state, my brother visited Alexian Village the first time. Then, I came down, met with the staff and took a hard look. I liked it. I looked past the wheelchairs and walkers since they're a given in such facilities. I looked for cleanliness, attentiveness, and calm, smiling residents. I asked pointed questions. And Pathways communities are part of Illinois' Supportive Living plan, so when Mom runs out of money, she can stay for the rest of her life with what she can afford. Trust me, it doesn't get better than that. In MI where I live, Medicaid beds are at a premium, you run out of money, you have to find and move to another facility. Not good for older people. Mom has been at Alexian Village for over a year now. She's happy and well taken care of. Have we had communication issues? Who doesn't? But our concerns have been addressed. Mom's in hospice now, in her Alexian Village home. She will stay there for the rest of her life. And I am confident, she's in a good, caring environment.

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that your mother has had such a positive experience at Alexian Village. As always, please reach out to Carole if any concerns arise.

April 18, 2015

By Lynn43

I really liked Alexian Village of Elk Grove, but it was too expensive, which was really disappointing. The staff were very nice. I liked the apartments. There was a nice little outdoor area where they could sit outside. The units and the hallway look more personal. They could personalize the outside of each unit, which gave them that homey feeling.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our community. I am sorry to hear that the community did not meet your financial criteria. Please reach out to Emily Powell at EPowell@pathwaysl.com and she will be happy to assist you in finding another Pathway community that may meet your needs. Thank you again for your review.

April 05, 2015

By Steve S.1

My uncle is a resident of Alexian Village of Elk Grove Illinois. I am his power-of-attorney for all health and property related matters, so I have had considerable interaction with staff in all departments at Alexian Village. Suffice it to say, my uncle loves Alexian Village and is very appreciative of all the support he receives from the enthusiastic individuals who work there. It is clear from my conversations and visits with my uncle that he is very happy and healthy at Alexian Village. He feels that all his needs are handled responsively and responsibly. My uncle feels the food is perfect. He is allowed to have a pet, which is great because he loves his cat. His room never smells because laundry is done routinely, housecleaning is on top of room maintenance and twice daily garbage pick-up. There are no shortcomings in the service my uncle receives. We are quite appreciative of all those who support the residents at Alexian Village. I do want to make special mention of one individual, Lauren. Lauren goes out of her way to assist my uncle and other residents, making them feel comfortable and secure. Lauren was the face of Alexian Village when we first visited the residence to learn if it was the right place for our uncle. From the beginning Lauren made us feel welcomed, and that our uncle would be special to them. Lauren has helped us in so many instances, whether it was directing us to the right people to handle Medicaid issues or to understand rules pertaining to resident care and residency. She always gets back to us quickly whenever we have any questions. Lauren has even gone out of her way to help my uncle maintain a secure and sanitary environment for his cat! There are others within the ranks of the administration and staff who have gone out of their way for my uncle. I could go on and on. We frequently talk about how incredibly grateful we are to have discovered Alexian Village!

Thank you so much for your review! It is so heartwarming to hear the positive ways our staff impact our residents and family members lives. Thank you for choosing Alexian Village for your Uncle.

November 13, 2014

By Mike687

It felt like a nursing home. Old people sleeping all over.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you felt our community felt like a nursing home. At Alexian Village, we are proud to be able to care for residents that require all levels of care. It is our goal for our residents to live the rest of their lives in their Alexian Village home. We would love for you to visit again and join us for a meal so that you can meet all of our residents.

November 05, 2014

By cirene

We moved our mother to Alexian from another facility and WOW! We didn’t realize there would be such a remarkable difference. It is clear that the staff really cares about her and cares about providing comfort and support to her. Multiple staff members have gone above and beyond to help her - finding lost object, helping her organize and clean out her room. Mom used to be suspicious and fearful in the old facility – due to the exceptional care she has received at Alexian, she is now calm, smiling, and happy. We are very grateful for their excellent, compassionate service!

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that your mother is having such a great experience at our community. We hope that she can be part of our Alexian Village family for a long time to come.

January 31, 2014

Alexian Village is where we wanted my parents to go to. You can stay all the way to the end. You can get converted over to your government insurance after you ran out of money. However, we couldn't go there because my father made too much money. It's a very nice place. They have TV rooms, exercises, crafts, and different activities.

August 29, 2013

By Faye2

Alexian Village's grounds were fabulous. They have the most beautiful flowers. Everything was great. There is a hospital just right across the street. I saw one of their apartments. It was very nice, clean and painted nicely. They also have a clean laundry room in the facility. Everyone was nice. The staff was very nice. The one who toured me around answered anything that I wanted to know. Alexian Village was a very good place in to stay; however, I have cancer and my legs are weak and I have to do a lot of walking just to get to their apartment building.

May 14, 2013

By Elaine8

I liked the location of Alexian Village of Elk Grove but I did not like the facility as much as the others. The staff were helpful and friendly.

December 22, 2012

By ktowne

In my experience, the facility was fantastic... My grandmother was extremely happy there and all of her fellow residents seemed to be happy, healthy, and got along well with all of the staff members. Before my grandmother became hospitalized, she loved living there and truly cared about her neighbors and the staff. The rooms were very clean and roomy. The bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen were surprisingly well-equipped and modern. To be honest, I was kind of jealous! The grounds of this place were quite nice and the place looked just beautiful from the street. I felt comfortable with her stay there because she was happy and was very close to other residents there. It was very easy to visit her and we were welcomed by the staff with open arms. I will admit that this was some years ago but I have not heard anything different since she was living there. I am glad that she was able to spend the last few years of her life in such a loving environment.

September 27, 2012

By Liljoy

Upon entering, the staff at Alexian is very friendly and helpful. The first time we went there, they showed us around and even walked us to my great uncle's room. They seemed both professional and caring. The facility is great and offers a lot of activities for their residents. My great uncle isn't particularly active there, mostly because he forgets to go to events they have planned and sometimes forgets that he attended them. He has found, with help of the staff there, some friends who come get him for events, along with a group to play cards with. He laughs that there are a lot more women than men there and he isn't about to take on a wife since he hasn't had one for 80 some years. The food there is nutritious and the food service is well organized. We have even had the pleasure of eating with him there a few times and actually found our food to be pretty tasty. The outdoor grounds are beautiful. We love taking him for short walks and sitting on the benches. I find his actual room (apartment) to be a bit small, but I suppose for one person, there isn't a need for a lot of space. He has had to go the ER a couple of times during his stay there and the staff has been helpful and prompt in letting our family know immediately when the situation occurs. While there is staff on duty 24 hours a day, we have had a couple of times when we have picked him up for a family event and had a difficult time getting him back in, as no one was there to open the door and it's locked I believe after 8 AM. Another time we had called to let them know we would be picking him up, as requested by a staff member, so that they could give him time to be ready. When we arrived, it hadn't been communicated to him. I suppose it's possible he forgot, but the nurse on duty didn't seem to know anything about it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this facility to people seeking care for loved ones.

Questions About Alexian Village of Elk Grove

Q: What safety features or security measures do you offer to your assisted living residents?

A: The safety and security of each resident is our top priority. Team members are available 24-hours a day. Residents are equipped with alert pendants and call-lights in their apartments.

Q: What transportation services do you offer to assisted living residents?

A: Our concierge services can provide a variety of transportation options for residents.

Q: If your community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

A: We are a pet-friendly community.

Q: What makes your chef or dining program exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted residents expect?

A: Pathway offers a restaurant-quality dining experience, featuring fresh ingredients (often from our own garden), an inviting atmosphere and superior service. You’ll always enjoy a good meal surrounded by friends and thoughtful conversation.

Photos of Alexian Village of Elk Grove

Features of Alexian Village of Elk Grove

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: Meals Can Be Delivered To A Resident's Apartment If The Resident Is Ill Or Unable To Attend A Meal

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Emergency Call System, Gazebo

• Technology Extra: Apartments Come Cable & Telephone Ready Should The Resident Choose To Purchase Those Services From An Outside Vendor.

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Our Award Winning Viva! Life Enrichment Programs Earn Praises From Residents, Staff, And The Senior Housing Industry For Its Innovative, Resident Centered Approach To Caring. Viva! Offers Something For Everyone!

• Financial Aid

• Staff Patient Ratio: Our Care Staff To Resident Ratio Exceeds State Regulations

About Alexian Village of Elk Grove

Pathway to Living's longstanding mission is to transform the way society thinks about aging and senior living. Our Alexian Village of Elk Grove community is an extension of that promise. We are steadfast in our commitment to cultivate a genuine home for you or your loved one. Above all else, this is your life and we hope you'll let us join you on your path.

Live Well, Age Well, Be Well

Serving adults in the Elk Grove Village and surrounding areas, our community is an extension of Pathway to Living, a program and a promise to celebrate life by fostering a stimulating, comfortable and openhearted environment.

The lifestyle at Alexian Village of Elk Grove supports residents in the next phase of life. People are choosing Alexian Village of Elk Grove as home because they would like to have someone walk with them on their path, not stand in the way. Life enrichment is our priority. Through Pathway to Living's award-winning VIVA! philosophy, residents are growing - physically, mentally and spiritually.

At Alexian Village of Elk Grove, we offer Pathway to Living's signature, award-winning VIVA! lifestyle - an approach that offers an entirely new way of aging healthfully and happily, encouraging and inviting residents to live each day with purpose, fulfillment, and meaning. VIVA offers a combination of programs, including a number of proven Pathway to Living's signature programs that have been perfected over time, as well as customized programs developed specifically for individual residents.

Signature programs include:

ArtPath:

Inspire the artist within! We offer regular and ongoing instruction in various art mediums for both beginning and experienced artists.

Lifelong Learning:

Every month, our residents engage in programs from college level courses on various topics to adult educational series on photography, literature and other resident interests.

Victory Gardens:

Residents have the opportunity to maintain their own vegetable garden and curate seasonal ingredients. It's not uncommon for a summer dish to be topped with our own homegrown vegetables.

Viva! World Tour:

Viva! World Tour invites residents to see the world, experience exotic cultures and practice foreign languages, all without ever leaving home. Viva! World Tour expands the mind while satisfying the travel bug.

Good Vibrations:

During Pathway's Drumming and Vibrations circles, residents tap into their creative spirit. Using a variety of rhythmic instruments, residents exercise self-expression and socialization with friends. Plus, it's an effective full-body workout!

See Spot Retire:

Adopt, don't shop! At Pathway, we're committed to rescuing dogs who need a loving and forever home. Every Pathway community you visit will have a four-legged resident!

Wellness Care You Can Trust!

• Routine health and wellness programs, including weight monitoring, blood pressure checks, nurse consultations and coordination of licensed medical services
  • Medication management and review of possible drug interactions by a pharmacist
  • Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
  • Routine follow-up coordination with physicians and ancillary medical service providers such as therapy, home health and hospice
  • Resident and family education and support
  • Disease prevention counseling and education on self-care
  • VIVA! Legacy, an award-winning program honoring residents' living and end-of-life wishes to create a personalized lifestyle
  • 24 hour care staff

You simply have to visit and meet some of our residents to learn for yourself what makes living at Alexian Village of Elk Grove so special.

At Pathway Senior Living, we think about aging differently. We value elderhood as a viable and productive period of human life. We focus on providing WELL care, not sick care. We take a holistic and proactive approach to enhancing our residents' lives. Our approach is so unique and so deeply engrained in our culture that we even have our own name for it - we call it "VIVA!" VIVA! is an enthusiastic celebration of life! It is far-reaching and all-encompassing. VIVA! sets the tone for the personalized way we care for our residents...our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being. VIVA! offers a whole new way of living life to the fullest!

Map of Alexian Village of Elk Grove