Alexian Village of Elk Grove

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Alexian Village of Elk Grove

Average Rating:
Steve S.1 April 05, 2015

My uncle is a resident of Alexian Village of Elk Grove Illinois. I am his power-of-attorney for all health and property related matters, so I have had considerable interaction with staff in all departments at Alexian Village. Suffice it to say, my uncle loves Alexian Village and is very appreciative of all the support he receives from the enthusiastic individuals who work there. It is clear from my conversations and visits with my uncle that he is very happy and healthy at Alexian Village. He feels that all his needs are handled responsively and responsibly. My uncle feels the food is perfect. He is allowed to have a pet, which is great because he loves his cat. His room never smells because laundry is done routinely, housecleaning is on top of room maintenance and twice daily garbage pick-up. There are no shortcomings in the service my uncle receives.

We are quite appreciative of all those who support the residents at Alexian Village. I do want to make special mention of one individual, Lauren. Lauren goes out of her way to assist my uncle and other residents, making them feel comfortable and secure. Lauren was the face of Alexian Village when we first visited the residence to learn if it was the right place for our uncle. From the beginning Lauren made us feel welcomed, and that our uncle would be special to them. Lauren has helped us in so many instances, whether it was directing us to the right people to handle Medicaid issues or to understand rules pertaining to resident care and residency. She always gets back to us quickly whenever we have any questions. Lauren has even gone out of her way to help my uncle maintain a secure and sanitary environment for his cat!

There are others within the ranks of the administration and staff who have gone out of their way for my uncle. I could go on and on. We frequently talk about how incredibly grateful we are to have discovered Alexian Village!

Thank you so much for your review! It is so heartwarming to hear the positive ways our staff impact our residents and family members lives. Thank you for choosing Alexian Village for your Uncle.

Mike687 November 13, 2014

It felt like a nursing home. Old people sleeping all over.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you felt our community felt like a nursing home. At Alexian Village, we are proud to be able to care for residents that require all levels of care. It is our goal for our residents to live the rest of their lives in their Alexian Village home. We would love for you to visit again and join us for a meal so that you can meet all of our residents.

cirene November 05, 2014

We moved our mother to Alexian from another facility and WOW! We didn’t realize there would be such a remarkable difference. It is clear that the staff really cares about her and cares about providing comfort and support to her. Multiple staff members have gone above and beyond to help her - finding lost object, helping her organize and clean out her room. Mom used to be suspicious and fearful in the old facility – due to the exceptional care she has received at Alexian, she is now calm, smiling, and happy. We are very grateful for their excellent, compassionate service!

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that your mother is having such a great experience at our community. We hope that she can be part of our Alexian Village family for a long time to come.

Caring76801650 January 31, 2014

Alexian Village is where we wanted my parents to go to. You can stay all the way to the end. You can get converted over to your government insurance after you ran out of money. However, we couldn't go there because my father made too much money. It's a very nice place. They have TV rooms, exercises, crafts, and different activities.

Faye2 August 29, 2013

Alexian Village's grounds were fabulous. They have the most beautiful flowers. Everything was great. There is a hospital just right across the street. I saw one of their apartments. It was very nice, clean and painted nicely. They also have a clean laundry room in the facility. Everyone was nice. The staff was very nice. The one who toured me around answered anything that I wanted to know. Alexian Village was a very good place in to stay; however, I have cancer and my legs are weak and I have to do a lot of walking just to get to their apartment building.

Elaine8 May 14, 2013

I liked the location of Alexian Village of Elk Grove but I did not like the facility as much as the others. The staff were helpful and friendly.

ktowne December 22, 2012

In my experience, the facility was fantastic... My grandmother was extremely happy there and all of her fellow residents seemed to be happy, healthy, and got along well with all of the staff members. Before my grandmother became hospitalized, she loved living there and truly cared about her neighbors and the staff. The rooms were very clean and roomy. The bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen were surprisingly well-equipped and modern. To be honest, I was kind of jealous! The grounds of this place were quite nice and the place looked just beautiful from the street. I felt comfortable with her stay there because she was happy and was very close to other residents there. It was very easy to visit her and we were welcomed by the staff with open arms. I will admit that this was some years ago but I have not heard anything different since she was living there. I am glad that she was able to spend the last few years of her life in such a loving environment.

Liljoy September 27, 2012

Upon entering, the staff at Alexian is very friendly and helpful. The first time we went there, they showed us around and even walked us to my great uncle's room. They seemed both professional and caring. The facility is great and offers a lot of activities for their residents. My great uncle isn't particularly active there, mostly because he forgets to go to events they have planned and sometimes forgets that he attended them. He has found, with help of the staff there, some friends who come get him for events, along with a group to play cards with. He laughs that there are a lot more women than men there and he isn't about to take on a wife since he hasn't had one for 80 some years. The food there is nutritious and the food service is well organized. We have even had the pleasure of eating with him there a few times and actually found our food to be pretty tasty. The outdoor grounds are beautiful. We love taking him for short walks and sitting on the benches. I find his actual room (apartment) to be a bit small, but I suppose for one person, there isn't a need for a lot of space. He has had to go the ER a couple of times during his stay there and the staff has been helpful and prompt in letting our family know immediately when the situation occurs. While there is staff on duty 24 hours a day, we have had a couple of times when we have picked him up for a family event and had a difficult time getting him back in, as no one was there to open the door and it's locked I believe after 8 AM. Another time we had called to let them know we would be picking him up, as requested by a staff member, so that they could give him time to be ready. When we arrived, it hadn't been communicated to him. I suppose it's possible he forgot, but the nurse on duty didn't seem to know anything about it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this facility to people seeking care for loved ones.

From Alexian Village of Elk Grove

Alexian Village is an assisted living community located just outside of Chicago in Elk Grove Village, named for the small herd of elk in the Busse Woods Forest Preserve. The area is home to numerous parks, golf courses, and even a theme park and historical museum. There is plenty for Alexian Village residents to do in the surrounding area, from local festivals to an annual summer concert series, farmers' markets, and ample shopping.

Facilities and Amenities

Alexian Village of Elk Grove is a 65-and-older community. The community consists of 114 apartments: both private studio and adjoining studio units. The Village also features a community dining room, a community living room with a fireplace, a library with several computers, a community 'life room', a private dining area, wellness center, medical facility and outdoor amenities such as a playground for visitors, a patio and garden.

Alexian Village offers a dining program that aims to provide balanced nutrition for seniors as well as a social program that focuses on the seven dimensions of wellness. The community is also equipped with 24-hour security.

Health Programs

Alexian Village works with residents and families to coordinate a proactive healthcare program that monitors residents’ unique health care needs. The community’s VIVA! program is an award-winning health program that promotes living purposefully and healthy, happy aging. The program offers educational, social and spiritual pursuits. There are yoga classes, exercise classes, health talks with wellness partners, and more. Additionally, the VIVA! Plus program brings third-party healthcare partners to the community to give residents access to a number of different medical and behavioral care options. These options are delivered in the privacy and comfort of residents’ homes.

Healthcare

Residents of Alexian Village have 24-hour medical staff available for their every need. The community is located near the renowned Alexian Brothers Medical Center, which was regionally ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Chicago area. The medical center rated high in performing adult procedures, and has more than 900 physicians on staff representing over 80 medical and surgical specialties.

Activities and Events

Alexian Village residents have plenty of opportunities to take part in social activities and events both within their own community and the surrounding Elk Grove area. For example, every year Alexian Village residents help plan and take part in a community-wide Autumn Gourd Fest. They also participate in service projects that benefit the American Red Cross and the Elk Grove Township food pantry.

Residents can also sign up for on-site learning groups, exercise classes and game nights, and have the chance to help to develop the community’s daily menus. The community has a full calendar of events that changes monthly.

Pets are Welcome

This pet-friendly community allows residents to bring their own pets, or to visit with the pets in the “See Spot Retire” program. The program is designed to provide the benefits of pet ownership without the costs and responsibilities of actually owning an animal. “See Spot Retire” offers older dogs a new 'leash' on life, bringing them together with residents and building bonds.

At Pathway Senior Living, we think about aging differently. We value elderhood as a viable and productive period of human life. We focus on providing WELL care, not sick care. We take a holistic and proactive approach to enhancing our residents' lives. Our approach is so unique and so deeply engrained in our culture that we even have our own name for it - we call it "VIVA!" VIVA! is an enthusiastic celebration of life! It is far-reaching and all-encompassing. VIVA! sets the tone for the personalized way we care for our residents...our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being. VIVA! offers a whole new way of living life to the fullest!

Features of Alexian Village of Elk Grove

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Emergency call system, Gazebo

• Dining extra: Meals can be delivered to a resident's apartment if the resident is ill or unable to attend a meal

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Our award-winning VIVA! life-enrichment programs earn praises from residents, staff, and the senior housing industry for its innovative, resident-centered approach to caring. VIVA! offers something for everyone!

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: Our care-staff to resident ratio exceeds state regulations
  • Minimum age: 65

• Technology extra: Apartments come cable & telephone ready should the resident choose to purchase those services from an outside vendor.
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid