Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove

6915 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA, 95758

Reviews of Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove

Doug22 August 21, 2015

We visited Carlton Plaza for my mom. I think I would give this one a very high rating. They seemed to have everything that we were looking for. We want something we could transition my mother from independent to assisted living. They also offered her not to have to move out her room, and she could stay in the same room and still transition, which was really important to us. The dining hall was exceptional. It was like sitting down in a restaurant. I had been in other facilities before just to visit, and I’ve never seen a dining hall nearly as nice as this one; that impressed me a lot. The staff was all friendly and helpful. They mixed very well with their clients. They did have quite a few lists that they offer. We did attend what they call a happy hour which was like a social hour where they had music. My mom did attend that and enjoyed it.

Caring109758550 June 30, 2015

I visited Carlton Plaza. The environment was very good. All of the amenities were wonderful. The staff was very accommodating. The residents that spoke to me spoke highly of it, and I thought they were prompted to do that, but as I looked around and looked at other people, they looked kind of bored.

Caring95524950 October 06, 2014

I visited Carlton Plaza for my brother who's a veteran because he needed an assisted living. They had a spot for him. The only thing was that they need $3,200-$3,300 a month, so he didn't qualify. However, it was very nice and the people were very polite. All the rooms were nicely prepared. They had an exercise room and other places where you could sit down and read magazines and books. There's a place where you could watch television. They had a restaurant facility that was open 24-hours a day, where you could come and eat. They had a menu where you could select on. They even had a bus that would pick you up, take you shopping, and bring you back. The security was very good because if you tried to back out, an alarm would go off. When you were going in, there's also an alarm that would go out it would mean that there's someone there. Everything in the facility was top rated. They're number one.

Caring88316650 October 03, 2014

Carlton Plaza is very clean. The community is new. It is only a couple of years old. There is no urine smell -- not even in the memory care. The people that are staying there look happy and content. Also, all of the employees are attentive. They are very caring. You can tell that they truly care about older people. My mother's room is not really spacious. It is just a one bedroom with a living room, a little kitchenette, and a large bathroom. The plus is that it is very nice. The dining room is nice as well. They are working on a potential for a new chef. I would say that their food is good. They provide small portions, but that is good for my mother. They are working on that as well to make it a larger portion for people who need it. The dining room is open from six in the morning until six at night. The residents can go in and get something to eat during those hours. They serve meals three times a day. If you want to go and eat in between the meal time, you can, and you can order a la carte.

Robert68077750 March 29, 2014

The one that I was quite impressed with was Carlton Plaza. It's quite new, it's very nice. I was impressed with some of the employees and some of the programs that they were offering. The rooms are all very nice, the food is excellent, there were lots of activities. I think they are doing a good job.

CindySW November 19, 2013

the Carlton is a beautiful facility with a hotel feel. My mother was a memory care resident for 1 month. The memory care staff are not experienced in handling persons with dementia. My mother had several falls/ER visits in just 1 month. I moved her for safety reasons. Investigate closely before choosing this facility.

From Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove

Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove is an exclusive senior housing community offering independent apartments, assisted living for those who need a little extra help with daily activities, and Carlton Senior Living’s signature memory care for those challenged by dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. A registered or licensed vocational nurse is on staff every day to assist residents with their medication and health management. The exquisite community, located next to the new Nugget Market on Elk Grove Boulevard at Bruceville Road, features a garden courtyard and a long list of features appealing to discerning senior living residents.

Features of Carlton Senior Living Elk Grove

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $6,000/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 347005112