Brookdale Elk Grove

6727 Laguna Park Drive, Elk Grove, CA, 95758

Reviews of Brookdale Elk Grove

Doug22 August 21, 2015

I visited Brookdale for my mom. The staff and the person who showed us around seemed to be very friendly. Unfortunately, this facility just didn’t work for us because what we’re looking for was a facility that offered the independent as well as assisted living. They only did assisted living. However, it seemed to be fine. The place seemed to be clean and well kept. The rooms were very clean, but they seemed to be a bit dated. We did have lunch there, and the food was very good. The dining room was casual. The people who were in charge were doing a very good job. It seemed like they had everything very much under control and were aware of everything that’s going on, so it appeared to me to be well managed.

Carol101542350 January 19, 2015

They had a lot of personalized care at Emeritus at Laguna Creek. It was a smaller setting, and it didn't seem like there were many people. It's in a residential area, and they had a really nice outdoor setting. The rooms were fairly small, but adequate. The staff seemed very personal and helpful to the residents. The location was OK, but a little further than where we wanted to go.

Caring86192450 June 30, 2014

My visit to Emeritus at Laguna Creek was fine; it went very well. The staff seemed positive. From the limited experience I've had, the room was certainly adequate. I guess you could call it homey. Their location was very convenient for shopping, restaurants, medical facilities, or most aspects of life. They didn't go into the details of their activities, but it was obvious there were some activities taking place at the time I was there. The residents seemed to be fully involved and quite pleased with what was available to them. The facility was kind of lacking in size. The dining room was very adequate in size. The way they were set up there was very homey, so that would be, to me, warm and friendly. From my view of the reception area, of the rooms, the dining room, and the outdoor space, it all seemed very clean and well-kept.

Ginny4 March 31, 2014

I loved the staff at Emeritus. They actually interacted with other staff members. No matter whether they were management or whatever, they knew all of the patients' names. Having been a human resource director for over 20 years, that was very important to me. It was just very nice and very home-like, so it was wonderful. The room is very nice, and it's in a cottage. It's not a sterile, hotel-type situation with maybe seven other rooms around it.

caring8375 March 20, 2013

My husband went to Emeritus at Laguna Creek because it was close to our house. The place was okay. One thing that happened was my husband had a brand new wheel chair but came home with an older one. The room was nice. There was a couple of staff members that weren't very nice, so I let them know at the front office and they took care of it. I won't take him back there, though. They went out on different outings, had church services, and different activities in their room and the main conference room. They need to improve on their people skills and take time with patients. I took a whole, gigantic box of diapers for my husband and he came home with none when he was only there for two weeks. The people there were very unprofessional.

Caring6104 February 15, 2013

Emeritus was very welcoming and homey. I felt very comfortable as soon as I walk in there. It's more for respite care and they don't have an adult day care program. But the people are nice, caring, professional, and very respectful of people with Alzheimer's. This is a place I would not hesitate to put my mother in if I could afford an assisted living facility.

ChrisH1 December 27, 2012

Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I feel like being prepared was a good idea, so I visited Emeritus at Laguna Creek. Laura gave me a tour of the facility. She was excellent and incredibly kind to my mom. She showed us one of the little cottages. When my mom is ready, I think she would be in a lock down cottage because of her Alzheimer's. But each cottage is very nice with its own dining room. It's homey and upbeat and not like an old people's home. There were like 12 people in a cottage and the same 12 people would be watching TV in the main hall, or eat in the same dining room. I thought that kind of routine is what my mom need.

ache August 15, 2012

My sister and I have visited 6-8 memory care residences as we prepared for our mother's move from her own home. We looked at different types of residences ranging from small homes to larger facilities like Emeritus at Laguna Creek. We thought that Laguna Creek offers an extremely nice residence - the cottage staff are well prepared and very engaged with the residents. One thing that set the Laguna Creek residence apart is the quality of its management / front office staff "“ they seem far more mature and professional than those at the other residences we visited. In our experience, it's the family's relationship with both the staff and mgmt. is terribly important.

In the end, our mother moved into another residence because Laguna Creek is going to be geographically difficult for us to reach on a regular basis. We're crossing our fingers that things work out with the residence we've chosen "“ their mgmt does not have the same level of education and experience that Laguna Creek does and it has already caused us some difficulty. Kudos to Emeritus at Laguna Creek!

Jordan2 June 30, 2012

It was an incredible experience. Going in and working in the facility and helping the elderly people was a good experience for me. The facility is new and it looked great, pretty on the outside and well kept on the inside. The staff was great, they showed us what to do and helped us help the elderly people in the facility. All the facilities were new and well kept, everything looked like it was running good and it was a well organized facility.

kuhdaytee June 29, 2012

I talked to a few people living there, and they all talked about how friendly the staff was. They were helpful at all times of the day, no matter what the request was. The facilities look very nice, and once my grandfather needs a nice place to live, I'm sure we'll give this place a more thorough visit. The residents just look happy here.

Happily ever after! February 21, 2012

I have my mother in Memory Care at Laguna Creek, and I wanted to say Thank You to an RA by the name of Cynthia! She has made a great impression on my mom, I never see this RA but my mother talks about her all the time, I have never seen my mother talk about one of the workers here in such detail or with such joy! She tells me she takes good care of her, she is very nice to her, and feeds her when she is hungry in the middle of the night! She tells me she always promises to come back and check on her to make sure she is ok, and she always follows through! Thank you Cynthia,for taking such good care of my mom with love, dignity and respect! I hope to meet you one day soon! You have brightened up my mother's life which helps us know we made the best choice putting our mother at Emeritus.

Robert2 December 15, 2011

I recently enrolled my wife at Emeritus, Elk Grove and can not say enough about all of the employees who helped me. My wife suffers from dementia and also (recently) had a hip replacement, so as a result she has been in and out of the hospital for the last 3 months. During that time the top employees at Elk Grove vistited me and my wife and made sure that as she improved there would be a place for her at Emeritus-Elk Grove.

She was admitted to the memory care portion yesterday and it could not have been better handled by everyone on the staff.

I orignally selected this facility based on its "bricks and mortar" (which are outstanding), but the employees caring and helpful attitude, from the administrator to the daily care staff has been exceptional. They are to be congratulated.

LisaTringali December 12, 2011

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I moved my mother there.

From Brookdale Elk Grove

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Elk Grove

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 1 to 6.5
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: License #347005512
  • State License(s): 347005512

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Elk Grove