Somers Place

Reviews of Somers Place

November 15, 2014

By Rplcpawi

Other

I have been a volunteer here for 4 years now. I am a disabled man, but I am "able" to do many things. I have had wonderful experiences with both the residents, as well as our fine, capable, thorough staff! As is always the case in life there are pluses & minuses. Yet, I have noticed that we always try our very best to find the "silver-lining" in life's challenges!

October 31, 2014

By Diane101088250

Moving my father from his home to assisted living was emotionally overwhelming, and five siblings had to agree on the decision. Thanks to the staff and many meetings, we confidently made the best choice for our father's care. The staff is now our extended family.

October 22, 2014

The level of personal care and attention to my father -- an Alzheimer's patient -- has been both consistent and remarkable. It is comforting to know he is in good hands.

September 21, 2014

By Lee18

Wonderful experience with my mom at Somers Place, anything she needs at any time. Everyone is friendly and helpful. After a fall she was able to have all the help she needed, so I didn’t have to worry about anything. Family atmosphere and a beautiful place, highly recommended.

August 10, 2014

By Lynne13

Somers Place was a little smaller in terms of the number of rooms. It seemed to be a little more intimate. Also, it is within 5 miles of my sister's home, so I have family close by. The staff had no problems giving me as much time as I wanted to look around. They took me on the tour. I met several of the residents. It just seemed to be a very homey environment. At that time, they were dyeing Easter eggs because a couple of days later, they were inviting their grandchildren over for an Easter egg hunt, so that was cool. Also, they were having a little sing-a-long because they had somebody playing the piano; they were singing tunes from the 1940s. The home is a made into a great big square with an open courtyard in between -- it was beautiful. Also, since there are no outside doors except for the front entry, the dementia people knew that they could get to the inside square. I also could tell that they really keep the place together maintenance wise. The hallways were 6 feet wide and they had railings on both sides of the hallway. I think that's important. Outside their rooms, each resident put something out that was personal to them. Most of them put out an end table and they had pictures of themselves or pictures of their grandkids. So there was personality and it wasn't just a wreath hanging and a name sticker on the resident's door. It was more of a home.

December 17, 2012

By Linda26

I have very little to compare them with others, but they have a respite room and were able to take my mother on Thanksgiving after a trip to the ER and we were told that she could not be left alone. The room was very nice & clean. You can see many "homey" touches in the lobby and throughout the hallways. They have many activities planned throughout the day. They plan field trips. A lovely dining room with delicious meals & they can make arrangements for guests to be served. I can visit Mom 24/7. I can sign her out for a special day. I am very impressed, and I feel very comfortable leaving my mother there knowing that she will get great care.

Thank you, Linda26, for taking the time to provide feedback on your mother's stay with us at Mey House in Egg Habor. Your wonderful compliments will be passed on to the staff. I am glad to hear Mey House was there for you and your mom to provide urgent placement after the ER. The team at Mey House works with local medical professionals to provide urgent placement, transition stay between surgery and home, or short term stay for elderly patients. The staff tries to exceed the needs and expectations of our residents and their families when it comes to providing quality service and atmosphere. Mey House and Assisted Living Concepts would love to have your great feedback on our web site. When you have a moment, please visit http://www.alcco.com/contact-us/quality-connection/ today to submit your testimonial! Thank you again, Linda26, for taking the time to compliment the staff and residence at Mey House. Happy holidays!

Photos of Somers Place

Features of Somers Place

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Studio Deluxe

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: 01A002

About Somers Place

At Somers Place, our variety of services and programs, including assisted living, companion living and respite care, fulfill our residents' needs. Whether someone is active and likes to have a full social calendar, or prefers to relax and takes things more slowly, our varying levels of service and activities accommodate each resident's lifestyle.

Our assisted living residences offer seniors the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere free of the daily worries associated with living alone. At Somers Place, we provide a high level of service with a personal and caring touch.

We combine retirement living with comfort and luxury in a beautiful independent setting.

Near our local fishing pond - A very family oriented environment - 12 miles to the beach - Home like environment with our private apartments including a front porch with rocking chairs - Our enclosed courtyard comes complete with flowers and several comfortable seating areas

Map of Somers Place