Brighton Gardens of Edison

1801 Oak Tree Road, Edison, NJ, 08820

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Edison

Caring76439450 March 29, 2014

Brighton Gardens of Edison was OK. In comparison to the other facility we visited, it was not as well-appointed. However, the room arrangements and the room layout for a couple were much better. The staff seemed fine. I spoke with the executive director, and he was fine. He gave us a tour. I have no problems with any of the people. They were playing some game, another sedentary game, but it seemed like it was well-attended.

Donna43 October 09, 2013

Brighton Gardens is our choice for my mother-in-law because it is the only facility in this area that have assisted living and skilled nursing. The people working there seem very caring. They have a lot of activities like board games, bingo and entertainment. They go on three or four trips a week. She's very happy with the food. We had lunch there a couple of times and the food seems to be in very good quality with wide selection. The rooms are very accommodating. She seems happy since she moves there. I am highly recommending them to others.

Caring8823 August 13, 2013

I chose this facility because it has a skilled nursing, assisted living and dementia unit. It's actually good because there's a rehab unit there in case something happens, it has everything in one place. They have many activities and the residents go out on trips. There are activities available from Monday to Friday and on days there aren't any activities they go for outings. The staff is good, they're doing good care.

crazygood December 08, 2011

Thankfully I was able to find Brighton Gardens just before losing hope of coming across a living facility that I would be able to afford for my mother. My mother is not very pleased with having to leave her apartment however; I insisted that life would be easier for the both of us if we got her into an assisted living home. It is much easier on me knowing that my mother is safe staying at Brighton Gardens with nurses and other residents. The nurses I spoke with were all extremely friendly, interesting and knowledgeable on the care needed to be given to each specific resident. It made my mother and I really feel that Brighton Gardens cares for the people it is responsible for. My mother has constantly told me how friendly all of her fellow residents are and on many nights her and her new friends spend the night out. It just seems like a great environment and I am glad that I am able to afford this facility especially because it is so close to my own home. What a stress reliever!

alfredog1988 September 13, 2011

Great facility a little downbeat maybe some music or games will make more lively. I wish it didnt seem like a care center and it actually seemed like home. People want to be somewhere were they can go and relax without having to feel like they are in a hospital it was very upsetting to me the type of environment this is.

chrispbacon July 30, 2011

This home is a home away from home. My mother was recently forced to live in Brighton gardens because of a fall and was not happy about the move. Although she was rude and inconsiderate I thought that nurse jackie had a great attitude and really put my moms needs first. by the end of the first week she was more enthusiastic about her situation and made some friends. Of course there were the usual complaints and I expected nothing less. Arguments among residents are common but not unforeseeable. She is moving out in a week and actually plans to go back and visit. I mean who has ever heard of that?

From Brighton Gardens of Edison

Brighton Gardens of Edison is located just minutes from the Garden State Parkway, the New Jersey Turnpike, Route 1, Route 287, and is within walking distance from the Metro Park train station. Residents may enjoy the many nearby attractions including the Menlo Park Mall, seasonal farmers markets, and the local YMCA located next door to the community. Brighton Gardens of Edison is located just 2 miles from Roosevelt Park, which features a beautiful lake, seasonal plays held in the park, fishing, walking paths and picnic areas. We pride ourselves in our cultural activities, our joy in service, involving friends and family, all while championing the quality of life for all seniors. Come in today to experience our warm homelike neighborhoods including our five star rated Skilled Nursing.

Services & Amenities at Brighton Gardens of Edison

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Brighton Gardens of Edison