Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities
Reviews of York Gardens
I am a friend or relative of a resident
York Gardens has a feeling of comfort and newness that doesn't spawn from its recent creation but rather from the attitudes of the staff and the patients. The staff never seems to lose focus even with the considerable amount of illnesses they encounter on a daily basis. This well maintained attention to their wards has yet to show any detrimental affect upon their cheerfulness as well as their helpfulness when asked questions that could very well fall under the "dumb question" heading. The sunlight is invited into the patients' rooms rather than blocked out and with the shared public space between York Gardens and York Cooperative; clients can watch outdoor events as well as visiting grandchildren and great-grandchildren play. My uncle's Alzheimer's disease progression limits him to the rarest of excursions so this window on the outside world helps him maintain an important visual attachment with the outside world. No one wishes to end up needing help to continue with daily life, but York Gardens does not make any regret asking for it.
Location of York Gardens
About Senior Living
- First Day in Assisted Living: Expert Suggestions
- 5 Reasons to Take Your Pet With You to Assisted Living
- Pain Management and Assisted Living
- What You Can Expect From a Great Assisted Living Community
- How to Compare Senior Living Options
- Independent Living -- or Assisted Living?
- 6 Steps to Organizing Your Parent's Move (Without Getting Disowned)
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities